• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Vs. Bitcoin Video (poll) proposal

jarroyo

Hey everybody, I created a new proposal to open discussion on creating a new PR video for the community. Ive seen some great infographics created by community members and I think a video would further compliment everything nicely. Via dashwhale:

Dash now has technology superior to bitcoin. People need to realize this. The only thing inferior about the network at this point is its total node count, which actually is almost as robust as bitcoin's with having only a fraction of its market capital -and unlike bitcoin, the count is growing.

And while I like the 'What is Dash' video, I believe we can benefit from a video with a more focused message. The 'What is Dash?' video boasts dash's features broadly, as a mix of being better than bitcoin and better than fiat. Thus its a video I feel is actually targeting those too far away from where we are in the adoption curve currently. We need to target the 'better than bitcoin' half of the equation and get the message out there to those who understand cryptocurrency: We have a more perfect protocol. We have a better incentive model. And as such we're able to have privacy, instant transactions, decentralized governance, and are completely self funded. Single tier networks are boat sails. A two tiered network is a steam engine. We've evolved. And this is all without even getting into dash evolution..

So I propose we open up discussion and poll on allocating a portion of the budget in a future proposal for the creation of a new video: Dash vs Bitcoin (dubbed/captioned in multiple languages if possible)

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 89a9e214b541e79ad6a765d21d754784e97240781f44243960b69f3ace442b8c yes​

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what youre getting at. And I think its possible to relay our message without "attacking" bitcoin. Perhaps a softer title like "Dash Vs Bitcoin: A Network Comparison"

I think the idea is to let this organically grow without the need to attack Bitcoin, we can co-exist just like MS & Apple. Just like the Darkside & the Light.

;]

Not sure Apple is the Light lol. If anything Microsoft made PC computing more accessible as compared to Apple's proprietary expensive crap that very few people could afford. Not to mention Apple's ecosystem is restrictive just like a straight-jacket

Samsung didn't shy away from making some cool Apple comparison ads that went viral and helped drive their sales a lot.

You could create a forum poll with various video objectives. Personally, I think it's an absolute waste of time to try and convert bitcoiners directly, they've got an excuse for everything. They need to be converted by stealth; let them think it's their own decision.

As others have suggested, videos that play to dash's strengths, or a video that examines all cryptos would be better.

I see what youre getting at. And I think its possible to relay our message without "attacking" bitcoin. Perhaps a softer title like "Dash Vs Bitcoin: A Network Comparison"

Yea I see you're point, and I like it. I was just echoing what I've been told the past 2 months haha

Another idea would be to target precious metal stackers.. not because it's better, but to educate and show how it compliments and diversifies their existing investment strategy. Some pm stackers are resistant to crypto, but not all of them. If it's done in an educational manner instead of a promotional way then I think it would work.

Another idea would be to target precious metal stackers.. not because it's better, but to educate and show how it compliments and diversifies their existing investment strategy. Some pm stackers are resistant to crypto, but not all of them. If it's done in an educational manner instead of a promotional way then I think it would work.

I think we can present the fungibility argument which Bitcoin suffers from when it comes to precious metals guys - some Bitcoins are worth more than others which means fungibility is broken. Silk Road auctioned Bitcoins sold off for more than standard price because those Bitcoins were considered "clean" as their were purchased straight from a government agency. In a different case Bitpay rejected certain Bitcoins coming from a source they didn't like. Precious metal guys care about basic concepts like fungibility and some of them are warming up to cryptocurrency.

Fungibility is one of the characteristics of money as described by Aristotle. http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article10370.html

3.) It must be divisible. Money should be relatively easy to separate and re-combine without affecting its fundamental characteristics. An extension of this idea is that the item should be 'fungible'. Dictionary.com describes fungible as:

"(esp. of goods) being of such nature or kind as to be freely exchangeable or replaceable, in whole or in part, for another of like nature or kind."

Yes, that would be great. I really see more advantages if we put our focus in bringing "new money" to the market, instead of trying to grab part of BTC's market share.

Who would produce the video? How much would it cost?

You could create a forum poll with various video objectives. Personally, I think it's an absolute waste of time to try and convert bitcoiners directly, they've got an excuse for everything. They need to be converted by stealth; let them think it's their own decision.

As others have suggested, videos that play to dash's strengths, or a video that examines all cryptos would be better.

Agreed! Poll for video objectives; tone down on attacking Bitcoin directly, focus on informing about Dash in relation to bitcoin and altcoins.

Yes, could be one of the options, but then again, if we don't show how Dash is different from Bitcoin, why wouldn't they buy Bitcoin instead?

Yes, could be one of the options, but then again, if we don't show how Dash is different from Bitcoin, why wouldn't they buy Bitcoin instead?

Because first of all we're selling the benefits of dash.. that privacy matters to stackers (and maybe to preppers too). Sure, we can make comparisons, but I don't think that should be seen as the motive. For example, one of the The Daily Decrypts videos was criticised for being overly bias (because it was both sponsored by dash and contained positive coverage). People know when they're being sold to... the key is to highlight the benefits and show how it personally helps those individuals.

Because first of all we're selling the benefits of dash.. that privacy matters to stackers (and maybe to preppers too). Sure, we can make comparisons, but I don't think that should be seen as the motive. For example, one of the The Daily Decrypts videos was criticised for being overly bias (because it was both sponsored by dash and contained positive coverage). People know when they're being sold to... the key is to highlight the benefits and show how it personally helps those individuals.

I completely agree with your point of view.

What's wrong with the old video or the others we have? In the sense of what do you want to cover that it does not?

I would suggest perhaps showing off the features of dash against other payment methods including bitcion. eg A husband tries to buy a surprise present for wife, but it is ruined by credit card statement(Darksend instead) or Daughter loses wallet in England while you are in USA and she needs to buy a flight right now... bitcoin or bank transfer would take forever. Or you do want to pay instantly with a credit card and you come up with those stupid 5% fees and don't have enough balance. Or a boardroom of fat bankers deciding to raise fees on minimum deposits opposed to our decentralized governance.

Edit- I have had an idea bouncing around my head of explaining BTC vs DASH like throwing a ball. I mean sending BTC is great your are clearly able throwing a ball to your friend and everyone can see you do this and you can see that your mate got the ball. Awsome! But now everyone else can see how many Balls you have left and would you like everyone eyeing off your bank acc? So instead you group up with three other guys and you swap your balls :)p) several times and now you can still throw it to your mate and see he got it, but no one sees your ball collection.

Then you could have the ball freeze in mid air as you are passing it to your mate so you have to wait 2-4hrs as opposed to instantx.

Sapereaude

Or you're waiting 1 hour and a half for your bitcoin to be credited to a bitcoin exchange account. Can watch a whole movie during that time.

Sapereaude

Or you're waiting 1 hour and a half for your bitcoin to be credited to a bitcoin exchange account. Can watch a whole movie during that time.

That would be a great image you throwing a ball/bitcoin to your mate, it freezes the you both munch popcorn n watch a movie underneath the frozen ball before resuming throwing catching positions.

I've been chanting videos for ages but Dash should wait until Evolution is out before thinking about another video. The most recent video was great (especially the script) but I think we should spend a lot more money ($7K) and get a world class animator.

Also, plain and simple...lets not try tell a story and end up with some cheesy clusterfuck (imo).

Back