• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal: The Instantx Soda Machine!

Lol I hope thats a rough draft!

If you would like a nice landing page built, i'd love to help out. I can make a pretty awesome single page website for you with as little as 2-3 hours of my time.

I am totally open for web help. I can offer free soda, if you are headed to Miami. :smile:

I have this hosed on linux/apache already, so don't want to do square space or anything that needs a monthly host fee.

Yeah, it is on github - might not be downloadable by public yet. We are testing and tweaking it everyday. We are trying to make it universal so it will work with future products, or at least easily adaptable.
top notch ~~!!! thx

I am totally open for web help. I can offer free soda, if you are headed to Miami. :smile:

I have this hosed on linux/apache already, so don't want to do square space or anything that needs a monthly host fee.

Haha oh lord I wouldn't dare make you sign up for monthly fees! But yea, I'll add this to my to do list to get done within the next week or so, I'll just photoshop something in the meantime as to get the idea on paper quickly. I'll send it over when its done.

Did you guys see the suggestions from Taylor5 on BCT? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13401611#msg13401611 I think the graphics do need a little work :) I agree that the logo is a bit too muddled, and too many cans that you can't recognize as cans unless you look closely.
Yep, all comments have been looked at. We have a thread just for graphics. Raptor is going to generate some images tonight, takes a while to run. Then he will spend time doing some magic to make it look even better. There will be improvements, no worries.

The "How are we going to do this?"/coding/testing thread is already 66 pages. You can thank us for keep a little of noise down on bitcointalk/dashtalk.

and more:
- what happens with that machine after ?
- who is there to operate and explain that / handing out paper wallets/…. ?
- You guys coming to take care of delivery / stocking / refilling ,… ?
(sorry for all the questions, just trying to wrap my head around it)

Can the design on the front also have a section on instructions?

Also, have you checked to make sure the convention center will allow you to put that machine inside? It might be a good idea to check. They may have contracts with vendors. Call it a demo ;P

I suspect these boys will keep the machine after, but if they do, they should promise to continue working on the programming until it can do all the things any store would need it to do. Like refund, change, etc...how to keep it from overcharging....

Can it be made to receive totals from the cash register? If you boys could also figure out how to make it work for a gas station, I can't help it Camo, you put that in my head and it's just too perfect to demonstrate how Dash is exactly like cash, so if you could finish the project off to make it functional for a gas station, then get a station to install it, that would be super awesome too :D

Translation please
- what are we doing with the machine after ?
Camosoul is near Miami...near enough anyway. He can store it for now. Maybe it will have a desire to visit anarchopolco....who knows. We have considered a few areas to target and leave setup, but this isn't really to make money selling soda - it is to promote dash.
- converting paper wallets into Mobile might sound easier than done (i believe, never tried)
Capturing funds from paper wallets is easy. Scan sweep done. You do need to wait 6 confirms before you can instantx. But this isn't a 30 minute conference so that shouldn't be a problem.
do a Marijuana Vending Machine (huge money in that) and launch that on Porkfest or one of the 'left wing/altenetive' festivals in the US
that would really attract a new crowd and none Crypto People !
just my 2 Duffs :rolleyes:
More like just 2 puffs....
Although, the functionality is similar, out goal is to show off the technology.....not showing how we can get around legislation. The farther we are away from drugs, the less ammo the press will have against us.

I will be going down and helping Camosoul get the machine setup. White glove treatment as they say. We will be at the show to babysit wallets and refill as needed, but honestly 200+ cans is a lot.

Can it be made to receive totals from the cash register? If you boys could also figure out how to make it work for a gas station, I can't help it Camo, you put that in my head and it's just too perfect to demonstrate how Dash is exactly like cash, so if you could finish the project off to make it functional for a gas station, then get a station to install it, that would be super awesome too :D

For the conference i understand Dash only
but if you are talking general use, i have to say BTC + Dash is the way forward for now !
(Same as lamassu, OB ideas, ..... Dash only will bring you very very low volume and use/ outside the conference)

but if you are talking general use, i have to say BTC + Dash is the way forward for now !
(Same as lamassu, OB ideas, ..... Dash only will bring you very very low volume and use/ outside the conference)
I don't see how you can make anything like this for Bitcoin, unless you accept confirmation-less transactions. But I would think anything that they create could be simplified for Bitcoin (non-instantX)

Actually, I don't think you could pay for gas at a gas station with Bitcoin ever. The idea is that you over pay, because you don't know how much it'll take to fill the tank, then when you're finished, the station automatically returns the change.

If it were Bitcoin, not only will they not have gotten any confirmations, they would be risking more funds to send you "change" presumably from their own wallet. I think that's just too much risk to take on, especially since gasoline isn't cheap, like a cup of coffee, which is more where you'll find people accepting confirmation-less transactions.

Capturing funds from paper wallets is easy. Scan sweep done. You do need to wait 6 confirms before you can instantx.

Actually, the paper wallet has funds that are already confirmed. It is not a send/receive transaction. It's a load. The "victim" simply loads the address in their wallet and can instantx for a soda right away.

or am I wrong?

Can the design on the front also have a section on instructions?

Also, have you checked to make sure the convention center will allow you to put that machine inside? It might be a good idea to check. They may have contracts with vendors. Call it a demo ;P

I suspect these boys will keep the machine after, but if they do, they should promise to continue working on the programming until it can do all the things any store would need it to do. Like refund, change, etc...how to keep it from overcharging....

This all started when I offered to make a deal with Camosoul to build the gas station demo. I was going to get a software developer to help out, we would submit a budget for that that, and then roll out the hardware. We settled on a vending machine to reduce the risk if we had a glitch. Plus a vending machine is like a bilboard and it is easy to show off.

It turned out that moocowmoo was a rockstar and went to town helping us out. The 25 pages of camo and I pulling our hair out and figuring how to do it, transformed with some moocowmoo magic into a few elegant scripts. The scripts can already do what a merchant needs - like a credit card machine. Return under amounts, refund over amounts, accept IX. There are a few bugs, but all should be fixed. The QR code already tells your wallet what to pay, there won't be a reason to not pay that amount. But for the 'testers' that change the amount, they will not be able to fool our machine either.

Gas station changes need additional communication with the pump. There is also a wifi terminal to connect to and wallet integrations that are more advanced. We need a pretty involved partner to make this happen. The vending machine will show them how it can be done and give them confidence we can do it.

Actually, the paper wallet has funds that are already confirmed. It is not a send/receive transaction. It's a load. The "victim" simply loads the address in their wallet and can instantx for a soda right away.

or am I wrong?

If an android wallet would import private keys, this would be the case. The one we have sweeps(sends all funds). So yeah 6x wait. Even an ix from another wallet will require a 6x wait before those funds can be IXd again.

I don't see how you can make anything like this for Bitcoin, unless you accept confirmation-less transactions. But I would think anything that they create could be simplified for Bitcoin (non-instantX)
This all started when I offered to make a deal with Camosoul to build the gas station demo. I was going to get a software developer to help out, we would submit a budget for that that, and then roll out the hardware. We settled on a vending machine to reduce the risk if we had a glitch. Plus a vending machine is like a bilboard and it is easy to show off.

It turned out that moocowmoo was a rockstar and went to town helping us out. The 25 pages of camo and I pulling our hair out and figuring how to do it, transformed with some moocowmoo magic into a few elegant scripts. The scripts can already do what a merchant needs - like a credit card machine. Return under amounts, refund over amounts, accept IX. There are a few bugs, but all should be fixed. The QR code already tells your wallet what to pay, there won't be a reason to not pay that amount. But for the 'testers' that change the amount, they will not be able to fool our machine either.

Gas station changes need additional communication with the pump. There is also a wifi terminal to connect to and wallet integrations that are more advanced. We need a pretty involved partner to make this happen. The vending machine will show them how it can be done and give them confidence we can do it.

Like I said, this was an excellent project, so excited for it you sneaky boys! LOL

The whole point of this exercise is to demonstrate what bitcoin (and bitclones) CANNOT do. It puts that concept right up in your face (and down your throat for reinforcement). At this stage of DASH's life, bitcoin is the enemy to be targeted. We're not here to help them.

Back