• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How do YOU accept Dash?

TheDashGuy

I am working on figuring out the best ways to implement Dash into a website/blog or just for personal usage for sales, and I can only really find the shapeshift.io plugin and a Wordpress plugin claiming to accept all altcoins.

What ways have you found to implement Dash into websites without just posting an address per item/ 1 address for the whole website.

Thanks!

edit: A few users have pointed at www.coinpayments.net as being the simplest manner to accept Dash & other Alts.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Darkcoin Foundation (soon to be renamed Dash Foundation :smile:) we use the wp-woocommerce coinpayments plugin to accept dash and bitcoin. We have set up the coinpayments account so it immediately sends all funds to the Foundaiton's multisig addresses. This way the risk of having money in a payment processor is reduced to small amounts for a few seconds. I would have preferred to do this without payment processor, but we are still not there.

So far it has worked flawlessly and it was easy to set up. If you want any help with a similar setup don't hesitate to ask.

In the Darkcoin Foundation (soon to be renamed Dash Foundation :smile:) we use the wp-woocommerce coinpayments plugin to accept dash and bitcoin. We have set up the coinpayments account so it immediately sends all funds to the Foundaiton's multisig addresses. This way the risk of having money in a payment processor is reduced to small amounts for a few seconds. I would have preferred to do this without payment processor, but we are still not there.

So far it has worked flawlessly and it was easy to set up. If you want any help with a similar setup don't hesitate to ask.

Oh you KNOW I will be asking, but thank you for that! Thats some good insight already. I'm sure I will be doing 100s of Dash payment implementations in the coming year or two, so might as well get my options handled early.

Oh you KNOW I will be asking, but thank you for that! Thats some good insight already. I'm sure I will be doing 100s of Dash payment implementations in the coming year or two, so might as well get my options handled early.
LOL

Btw, you have some more options at dash.org/payment-processors

I've wanted to test implement all them because I feel this is a really important area, but there is always a more urgent thing to do. If you really start doing implementations please let me know. Besides helping with whatever I can, I would love to know well how all work.

LOL

Btw, you have some more options at dash.org/payment-processors

I've wanted to test implement all them because I feel this is a really important area, but there is always a more urgent thing to do. If you really start doing implementations please let me know. Besides helping with whatever I can, I would love to know well how all work.

Most definitely. I plan on doing a sticker website myself so I'll have a nice little test website to try different methods out until i find my favorite one. Still thinking a Dash specific Wordpress Plugin might be in need, but I'll find out sooner or later if thats true.

Thanks again! I really love how the Dash devs are so community involved, please don't ever change that.

we might have to submit a wordpress Dash plugin proposal or something
That is something that anyone with some time and skills could do by himself. There are already many good bitcoin plugins out there, so a lot of the work is already done. I would definitely vote yes to that proposal. Probably there is not a lot of demand for that right now, but we need this kind of things to create the ecosystem.

I am working on figuring out the best ways to implement Dash into a website/blog or just for personal usage for sales, and I can only really find the shapeshift.io plugin and a Wordpress plugin claiming to accept all altcoins.

What ways have you found to implement Dash into websites without just posting an address per item/ 1 address for the whole website.

Thanks!
Like bolehVPN suggested, you need a dash/$ price. This command might help. Stores your price in dashusd variable. Remove the > $dashusd for testing.
Code:
wget -q http://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/dash -O - | grep -A 3 DASH/USD | tail -n 1 > $dashusd
QR codes are easy to make yourself too. qrencode is pretty easy to use. If you need help, let me know.

I just wanted to add that woocommerce/coinpayments is easy to set up. I've wanted to accept DASH at my personal site, but I currently use Coinbase to accept Bitcoin. After reading this thread, I was able to set up accepting DASH (and Litecoin) in less than an hour.

Eric

Perfect! You are awesome and thank you for reporting back!

While my eCommerce site isn't live yet, I've found gourl.io to be an excellent solution for DASH (and BTC) integration with WooCommerce on WordPress. Works just fine in testing and the coins go straight to the address of your choice. Their WordPress plugin is also well maintained and gets regular updates. No experience with coinpayments, but I've heard nothing but good things.

I sell NES reproduction cartridges of fan translations and ROM hacks at shopretrorepro.com; though the site's not quite finished, I am interested to see if anyone will actually use DASH (or even BTC for that matter). I hope so! As a fellow crypto enthusiast and online merchant, are you following the progress of OpenBazaar at all?

While my eCommerce site isn't live yet, I've found gourl.io to be an excellent solution for DASH (and BTC) integration with WooCommerce on WordPress. Works just fine in testing and the coins go straight to the address of your choice. Their WordPress plugin is also well maintained and gets regular updates. No experience with coinpayments, but I've heard nothing but good things.

I sell NES reproduction cartridges of fan translations and ROM hacks at shopretrorepro.com; though the site's not quite finished, I am interested to see if anyone will actually use DASH (or even BTC for that matter). I hope so! As a fellow crypto enthusiast and online merchant, are you following the progress of OpenBazaar at all?

Thank ye!

And as far as using your website, if you don't overcharge to hell like everyone else in this dam country for good games, I'll happily be a repeat customer and even build you a website if you'd like! I love collecting SNES & NES games. Even N64 still has my heart...

Also, yes I've been watching OpenBazaar but at launch they are going to be Bitcoin only unless some 3rd party figures out a way to use altcoins or forks OpenBazaar period. I dropped a thread off in /r/OpenBazaar about altcoins and the dev response was basically, we aren't going to do it ourselves, someone else can feel free though!

So if anyone wants a project, go add Dash into OpenBazaar :p

Thank ye!

And as far as using your website, if you don't overcharge to hell like everyone else in this dam country for good games, I'll happily be a repeat customer and even build you a website if you'd like! I love collecting SNES & NES games. Even N64 still has my heart...

Also, yes I've been watching OpenBazaar but at launch they are going to be Bitcoin only unless some 3rd party figures out a way to use altcoins or forks OpenBazaar period. I dropped a thread off in /r/OpenBazaar about altcoins and the dev response was basically, we aren't going to do it ourselves, someone else can feel free though!

So if anyone wants a project, go add Dash into OpenBazaar :p
I remember seeing that post on Reddit ;) Boy, would an OB fork with DASH be awesome! Then again, so would OB with some better IP obfuscation built in, but neither of those are happening just yet. I know the OB client is fairly dependent on libbitcoin and the devs say it would be "difficult" to integrate altcoins for this reason, but we have such a competent community that it's bound to be forked someday. It's a personal goal of mine to learn Python in hopes of helping with this kind of development in the future, but I've got a lot of learning to do...

Very encouraging to know there's some cross-over between retro game enthusiasts and the crypto scene ;) Your site looks fantastic (and is far better than my limited front-end CSS/PHP skills), wish I'd have come across you a month or so ago :p Too emotionally invested in my tweaked-up child theme at this point to start over, though. What did you use to make it? Ruby, Django, some CMS?

We'll have to keep in touch, though; I run a (somewhat) popular blog on deep politics and have done a pretty good job getting resyndicated, so I've never really paid SEO much mind... the world of eCommerce is a completely different beast, though, so should I fall flat on my face in that respect I'd be happy to pay you a DASH bounty to teach me what the hell I should be doing! XD Maybe even throw in some games for your troubles, get some true barter goin' on!

Mind if I ask what you're planning on selling? Sorry for jacking your thread just a bit, hope you can forgive me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing that post on Reddit ;) Boy, would an OB fork with DASH be awesome! Then again, so would OB with some better IP obfuscation built in, but neither of those are happening just yet. I know the OB client is fairly dependent on libbitcoin and the devs say it would be "difficult" to integrate altcoins for this reason, but we have such a competent community that it's bound to be forked someday. It's a personal goal of mine to learn Python in hopes of helping with this kind of development in the future, but I've got a lot of learning to do...

Very encouraging to know there's some cross-over between retro game enthusiasts and the crypto scene ;) Your site looks fantastic (and is far better than my limited front-end CSS/PHP skills), wish I'd have come across you a month or so ago :p Too emotionally invested in my tweaked-up child theme at this point to start over, though. What did you use to make it? Ruby, Django, some CMS?

We'll have to keep in touch, though; I run a (somewhat) popular blog on deep politics and have done a pretty good job getting resyndicated, so I've never really paid SEO much mind... the world of eCommerce is a completely different beast, though, so should I fall flat on my face in that respect I'd be happy to pay you a DASH bounty to teach me what the hell I should be doing! XD Maybe even throw in some games for your troubles, get some true barter goin' on!

Mind if I ask what you're planning on selling? Sorry for jacking your thread just a bit, hope you can forgive me.

Haha totally didn't hijack my post no worries.

Totally understand! First off let me say thanks, the website is still a WIP but I feel like it's getting where I want it to be. And its built on Wordpress which around 70% of the web is also built on. The cool thing about CMS's is the amount of time you save by utilizing plugins and such like SEO plugins, social plugins & payment plugins (Dash/Bitcoin/etc)

And i'd love to be of help! Feel free to add me on Telegram or email me @ [email protected] and we'll chat here and there!
-Jacob

Back