• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iPhone DashWallet Release

tungfa flare fernando I recreated "localizable" resource and uploaded known translations. They are not perfect (that is true at least for Ru but I guess some other languages might require a review too) but that's what we have from breadwallet source (cloned to dashwallet) and that's something that I guess is better to start with instead of blank strings :smile:

permission denied! Check restrictions. Happy to do some work on it

Hmm... where did you get this message? If you already were in translation team there should be no restrictions for new resource...

Awesome looking app but WOW thats confusing to install. There is NO way i am going to attempt to do that on my iPhone. I don't understand how to do any of that fancy stuff :(

Awesome looking app but WOW thats confusing to install. There is NO way i am going to attempt to do that on my iPhone. I don't understand how to do any of that fancy stuff :(

lol
if I can do it (and write the guide)
so can you !!
nothing can break ! give it a shot or meet me on Skype (do not tell anybody else)
:wink:

I hope that the Dash foundation gets created soon, or I find someone with a Mac. I'm dying to have this app on my shiny new iPhone...

I hope that the Dash foundation gets created soon, or I find someone with a Mac. I'm dying to have this app on my shiny new iPhone...

find a Mac guy ! can't be that hard (even in the mountains of Canada ) that foundation name change might still be a while !

By the way - is it safe to install this wallet with stranger's iMacs?
As I understand, in that case 2 devices become linked with 1 common Apple account... and with all that iCloud and so on... is there a chance that the iMac's owner can get access to your DASH wallet backups?

By the way - is it safe to install this wallet with stranger's iMacs?
As I understand, in that case 2 devices become linked with 1 common Apple account... and with all that iCloud and so on... is there a chance that the iMac's owner can get access to your DASH wallet backups?

depends on your settings I guess
I do not use iCloud (centralised boobi trap)!
all you do is use his iTunes log in to get the App on your phone , as you are not doing any backups with his account that should be all ok !
without the seeds (wallet) you can not do ANYTHING ( you can not , or barely, erase the app)

SInce the app store is the problem at the moment, would there be any way to upload this in a repository in cydia? (for jailbroken iphones)

I know blockchain,info did that with their app when it was banned at first

Last edited by a moderator:
SInce the app store is the problem at the moment, would there be any way to upload this in a repository in cydia? (for jailbroken iphones)

I know blockchain,info did that with their app when it was banned at first

we thought about it
but after consulting with the iPhone Dev (who really knows his way around iTunes and App Stores)
we decided not to do it
as we will reapply soon again(when foundation is renamed) we do not wanna give them any reason to decline us again,
as after apple policies these others App's stores could be a reason for another decline !

Try the guide, it is really not that hard !

find a Mac guy ! can't be that hard (even in the mountains of Canada ) that foundation name change might still be a while !
And we don't know for sure that it will be approved just by changing the name of the foundation. They didn't say that was the reason, so we are just guessing.

And we don't know for sure that it will be approved just by changing the name of the foundation. They didn't say that was the reason, so we are just guessing.

I totally agree !
sorry if that was not clear enough !
totally guessing and spitballing here
:rolleyes:

BTW, in iOS 9.2, they changed Settings->General->Profile to Settings->General->Device Management. You might want to note that in your instructions - it took me a few minutes to figure that out.

BTW, in iOS 9.2, they changed Settings->General->Profile to Settings->General->Device Management. You might want to note that in your instructions - it took me a few minutes to figure that out.

tx for the ping
I update guide later

Edit: updated

Last edited by a moderator:
How come you can download iPhone apps from websites (not the app store) and they work on the iPhone? I run a nightclub and we have an ID scanner system at the front door. Their app is not in the apple app store but i can download it and it installs on my phone no problem.

This is it here. In iOS 9 you just have to go in the options and give it permission to run because its not trusted. But it installs and works 100%. Can we not set it up to install this way?

http://www.patronscan.com/app/

How come you can download iPhone apps from websites (not the app store) and they work on the iPhone? I run a nightclub and we have an ID scanner system at the front door. Their app is not in the apple app store but i can download it and it installs on my phone no problem.

This is it here. In iOS 9 you just have to go in the options and give it permission to run because its not trusted. But it installs and works 100%. Can we not set it up to install this way?

http://www.patronscan.com/app/

I could be wrong, but that (patronscan) is probably just a web-based app with an icon; it is probably not a native application.

Welcome to their walled garden (Apple). If you play nicely and follow their rules you get some really nice benefits.

there are iPhone "hack" pages/webstores available
but we did not go on there as we are trying not to do anything 'illegal' (in iTunes terms) as we are still trying to get onto the iTunes Store !

Back