• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Solo Mining setup problem

piK

Hello folks,

I have downloaded my wallet from dashpay and have this dash.conf setup on one computer (192.168.0.3).

port=9998
rpcuser=SoloMiningUser
rpcpassword=SoloMiningPassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0
rpcport=9999
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
gen=0

I downloaded a cpu miner from github and running the miner from another computer (192.168.0.2) with the command

minerd-corei7-avx.exe --algo=X11 --url=192.168.0.3:9999 --user=SoloMiningUser --pass=SoloMiningPassword --threads=8

I'm getting the error: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

When I connect with Firefox on the URL I get the document:
{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}

I get the same error when trying to launch CPU miner on the same computer as the wallet (192.168.0.3).

What do I miss? Any help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, happend with copy + pasting here as I changed the password.

Is solo mining even possible? I read some topics on the forum here but I'm not sure what the current status is.

Nah, happend with copy + pasting here as I changed the password.
Is solo mining even possible? I read some topics on the forum here but I'm not sure what the current status is.
Yes and no.

To clarify, if you are mining from a single wallet, it is possible, goto debug console and use the command setgenerate true
Place a number at the end to lower the cores used by the processor such as 7 to leave 1 for browsing(set to false to turn off) this is a slow way of mining and is not optimized or recommended.

What is not working is sgminer or an external cpu miner working together with the wallet to solo mine(no rpc/get work), it has been removed from the bitcoin source,it is hoped to bring it back (3 or 4 lines of code need removing) but it not a priority for github atm.

The good news is nicehash offer solo mining, you can do it from there, just change the .bat setting in my guide and select your minerd :smile:
https://solo.nicehash.com/

use my small cpu guide for the best cpu miner from here,
https://dashtalk.org/threads/sub-ethers-guide-to-cpu-mining.6170/

For nicehash put something like this in your .bat command,
minerd-corei7-avx.exe -a X11 --url stratum+tcp://stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3336 -u XpqhTM2WKWJrMqn48icsNZKiPuQ8MFEnSp -p x -t 8
pause

I may add that I tried 8 megahash GPU solo mining for 4 days and got nothing, others say they have been more fortunate, am thinking you will need at least 20 meg to stand a regular chance of finding a block, so good luck!

But does it really mather if you are hashing 2M or 20M? I thought the chance are pretty equal. I will give it a try for a couple of days.

NiceHash is a very nice option. Thank you very much for the hint!

Not really. These are my 2 Baikals 150 MH mining in solo at Nicehash for 2 days or so. What's up with hashrate?.. Everything is OK at Baikals' side.

58a1e56be392e.png

Back