• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing DASH.ORG!

eduffield

Core Developer
We are extremely happy to announce we’ve successfully acquired the domain dash.org!

We would like to give special thanks to the community member Triptolemoose for bringing this opportunity to our attention and helping us negotiate the purchase. It was a long process to negotiate such a high value domain, so we're excited to finally be able to make this announcement.

Dash.org is a premium domain for us to use, that is easy to remember and is an exact match for our branding “Dash”. It was a unique opportunity as “dash” is a valued keyword in other verticals and thus competitive in search engines. We expect to reap multiple benefits in our SEO rankings for the keyword “dash” due to a few features of this domain name, primarily that it’s an exact match to our name and is very short (4 characters), it is a dot org and is 15 years old. This isn’t all we’re doing to help shift our SEO rankings, but we expect this to help substantially and be a large win for the project.

This will also be of great assistance for people to be able to locate the Dash website without using any suffix like -coin/-crypto/-pay. The brand Dash is great, is short and relatable and represents what we are trying to build but for these same reasons it came with the additional challenge of making it harder to find the project in search engines because we chose a more common and universal term that was unavailable as a domain, with this acquisition we feel very lucky to be able to turn a weakness into a strength.

This will also serve as an important step in cultivating our image as a leading global peer to peer organization and the .org top level domain is also much more appropriate for our purposes.

Investment

Three of us sponsored this initiative out of pocket, for a total of $20,329.99 including escrow and wiring fees, special thanks to Daniel(Minotaur) and Robert(kot) for helping me finance this purchase. The original asking price from the seller was $30,000.00, which is why it was very difficult to negotiate to a reasonable price. The negotiation process was delicate and lead by Triptolemoose over a 2 month period, this project could not be announced publicly upfront as that would put the negotiation in jeopardy and thus we had to request private sponsorship and now wait for budget refunding after the domain was transferred. We will request funding for this from the budget system over a period of four months at the price at the time of the purchase which was $2.42. We are splitting it up to use as little budget space as possible while at the same time refunding sponsors over a reasonable period of time. This will total 2100DASH/month over a 4 month period. Needless to say, the sponsors are supporters of the coin and will hold their refunds creating no impact in the markets, while making our coin much more easier to find online and helping us raise visibility.

z5QvqgM_53uz9ZDl8TacUP4Z-njuZGyOFA7p8m4tM5_MWGs4F-vM4csJWbkQDKBqdp37yeDZb5DjiqrYnGh8qzYBuuDrFqTRsks4vMbk8Uj0uEeM189fZ5Ul7NZ8s-M6UsHBv7Li

How soon should we expect results?

As in any other case, SEO rankings need to be worked and it will take some time to change. We expect the new domain to help substantially with the keyword “dash” within a few months. As you know, we are also working on the new design and information architecture of our website. We are going to move the dashpay.io to dash.org and allow the search engines to get used to our new domain before we launch the new improved website. We should expect to see improvements within the first six months, then more progress within a year of launching the new domain and SEO campaigns.

Thanks again to Triptolemoose for helping us with this, it was a really great opportunity and the perfect domain for our project!

Domain is really great! :smile:

But the price... :eek:

At least Dash.org is now at the Top 100 most expensive domain sales .org list

so... Now there is just a "little nothing" - to put Dash to the "Top 100 global corporations list" also... :sad:

Dash.org is good for branding (hope we will get protected "dash" brand finally) - so congrats!
:smile::eek::smile::eek::smile::eek::smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice acquisition! This is a great addition, will the foundation be migrating to this domain? As always if you need admin or content management help let me know I will volunteer.

I haven't even begun setting up the domain yet. I'll sort all of that out :)

Ok, sorry, hadn't really read your original post thru... but this is great news. Shows how mature Dash has come and is continuing to grow, really really exciting stuff. My initial thoughts: "WOW! It's really happening!!"

I'm so thrilled to be a part of this community.

Hey, I was just reading BigrCanada's post on how to set up retail payments, and then nmarley said how nice it would be to have something like Bitpay..... Dashpay..... so why I'm posting here is, don't get rid of the old domain, we may need it!!!

Hey, I was just reading BigrCanada's post on how to set up retail payments, and then nmarley said how nice it would be to have something like Bitpay..... Dashpay..... so why I'm posting here is, don't get rid of the old domain, we may need it!!!

I think stands to reason old domain will be kept for a redirect to the new one the very least.

I know, many investors wouldn't be happy about 20.000 USD expenses for domain name (I am also not quite happy, but OK).

But... For projects like DASH trust and promotion are very important part of everything! And DASH.ORG name is very significant part of promotion.
Obviously this name will help us to accumulate power, trust and users more effectively than with old domain.

In other words, since this moment DASH.ORG is saving money for all of us - every single day, the best possible way.
We are not hype, we are long-term project so it will give all us more profit than current expenses in nearest years.

DASH.ORG is an important asset and investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back