• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Opening OTC Trading To Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduffield

Core Developer
Hello Everyone

We're making great progress with PR and our marketing team was looking for other OTC buyers. If you're interested in getting some extra Dash and helping out at the same time, this is a great way to do it. Contact [email protected] if you're interested.

If you're not interested right now, but you might be in the future please also email [email protected] and he will add you to the mailing list. This is going to be the ongoing way expenses are paid for to promote dash.

Thanks!

How does it work? If you want coins, we will exchange Dash for Fiat or Dash for BTC. Then we will use the fiat or BTC to pay for expenses within the project.

What is the benefit? The benefit to the project is that we get to spend money on things that expand our reach to possible new users and spend money on other important things like a new website, pr budget, etc. The benefit to you is, you can get many more coins at the current price, then what are available on any exchange. So you can get into a Dash position much easier/cheaper than would otherwise be possible.

Edit: The marketing team is going to take Fiat and BTC, but we're not going to have anyone pay expenses directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great initiative. I wish I had more money right now...:smile:

This information has been added to my DMs in the Dash Twitter PR Initiative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone
(...)
How does it work? We are providing Dash from the marketing budget to community members in exchange for paying marketing and PR expenses. You simply will pay an invoice, then be immediately reimbursed by the core marketing team.

What is the benefit? The benefit to the project is that we get to spend money on things that expand our reach to possible new users and spend money on other important things like a new website, pr budget, etc. The benefit to you is, you can get many more coins at the current price, then what are available on any exchange. So you can get into a Dash position much easier/cheaper than would otherwise be possible.

Great to hear that. This is a fair way to incentivise users's commitments in the necessary efforts around the world.

In this case, I believe I am eligible to submit my expenses for the "DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open" campaign, which specific amounts were made public to the community at dashtalk.org/threads/dash-on-the-aquidaba-tennis-open.5424, as I have not been able to receive this reimbursement directly from the community, neither through my first attempt with the contribution address XqmYyTcrxhe9FvmdAvZ3u15NVeLZqfqT8W, nor with my follwing attempt with the offer for the selling of the remaining caps.

Instead of simply sending an e-mail, I prefer to also submit it here, allowing for a fair public knowledge and openness to considerations from the community on this reimbursement request.

I request here that the community approves the reimbursement of 257.68166089 DASH, that have been used to cover the necessary expenses with the DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open campaign, in accordance with the following

Expense Details

TOTAL BRL 2,234.10 = 257.68166089 DASH (DASH-BRL price "8.67" according to DASHnegocios.com)

- Printed Material: BRL 509.00
  • 1000 flyers: BRL 210.00
  • 01 Banner (175cm x 40cm): BRL 49.00
  • 02 Banners (80cm x 60cm): BRL 70.00
  • 500 Cards: BRL 180.00
2e49jdh.jpg

- The T-Shirts costs were shared with all the other sponsors. I have contributed with BRL 200.00;

- The Cap: BRL 1,525.10;
2qda6om.jpg

The reimbursement payment can be directed to the original contribution address for the campaign, at XqmYyTcrxhe9FvmdAvZ3u15NVeLZqfqT8W.

Thank you.

Ivan Liborio
Raganius

Update: I have been studying the costs for the sponsorship materials. Here's what I got so far:
* BRL/DASH prices according to dashnegocios.com/p/exchange.html (1 DASH = 8.15 BRL)

- The Banner (around 150cm x 40cm) is quite cheap, BRL60.00 (around 7,36196319 DASH). Each sponsor will pay for their own banner (and it's possible to have more than one, as well as bigger dimensions for it - price varies proportionally);

- The T-Shirts costs will be shared with the other sponsors. Each sponsor will contribute with BRL200.00 (around 24.5398773 DASH). In this case, instead of a DASH logo, I prefer a DASHpag (www.DASHpag.com) logo, because it's specific to serve the Brazilian people (Portuguese language);

- The Cap will be the more expensive here: BRL1,440.00 (around 176,68711656 DASH). This price is for 200 caps with the DASH logo (no other sponsor will be providing caps);

- The Paperwallets. I am not sure if it is a good idea after all, because there's the risk that the person receiving it might not be interested enought and end up losing or destroying it (and I don't feel comfortabe with the idea of wasting DASH). I could do it differently, giving as a prize for each winner a "ticket" which could be exchanged for an X amount of DASH only IF the person installs his/her own wallet, and creates a receiving address (but this might not be the best way to teach users about "paperwallets").

Anyway, I think that the idea of a money prize with DASH would be cool, but really not sure how to do it safely...

The Championship will be during the month of August, so I guess we'll have plenty of time for all the details.

In order to make it easier for me to bear these costs, I have decided to create this DASH contribution address at XqmYyTcrxhe9FvmdAvZ3u15NVeLZqfqT8W, so any help will be very welcome.

Pricing received for the caps:
21otfl.jpg

Sketches, so far:

BANNER

T-SHIRT LOGO: Please check at dashtalk.org/threads/dashpag.5402

CAP
2625e7c.jpg

2ihrzao.jpg

(edit: cap layout updated)

Yesterday I received the banners, flyers, etc. They're great, see for yourselves:
CILuUcCWcAEh2h2.jpg

(notice: I am not as pretty as I usually am there... I guess I've been eating too much pizza recently, while reading the DASH forums...)

Another banner:
CILuU9gXAAArOKO.jpg

The flyers, well that's a lot! I expect it will be a Masternode for each one distributed:
2qjyx79.jpg

The payment receipt for these material is here:
2e49jdh.jpg

Now, I am waiting for the caps to arrive :cool:

I'll start today visiting merchants. I'll distribute the flyers, and talk to them, explain about DASH, show the wallet in action, etc. In parallel, I'll put a strong focus on bringing consummers to DASH, because I am sure this will be a dilemma...

Merchant: But, are there consumers to spend this cryptocurrency here?....

Consummer: But, are there merchants where I can spend these dash here?....

I guess nothing is easy to be started anyway...

The caps arrived this afternoon. Great! 200 caps in total.

29o2yky.jpg

Now I'll pack them inside a "kit" containing the flyer with some information about DASH, as well as my DASHpag contact info.

24wx0ep.jpg

This kit will be distributed to the tennis open participants (competitors and organisation staff). As I'll only need only around 100 caps for distribution (200 units was the minimun quantity demanded from the manufacturer to be produced).

In order to make it easier for me to bear all the costs I have invested, I'll put 80 of the remaining caps for sale at the "DASH fan store": if any of you is interested in buying/helping, the total price ( + international shipment) there is 12,875 DASH (no shipment for Brazil: 2,45 DASH each cap).

I'll keep 10 of the remaining as a gift for the first 10 DASH merchants in the City of Angra dos Reis (the city hosting this tennis open).

* More on the DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open at:

Thank you.

Minotaur , could you please elaborate on what kind of expenses are to be reimbursed? Is there any cap for an individual expense? Is providing an invoice a must?

We are not reimbursing invoices from the community on this program, we have a series of official commitments to third party service providers we need to pay, all Evan was doing is describing a potential mechanism that could be used to do an OTC trade. For the most part we will be simply selling coins OTC to fund the commitments we have acquired.

For community activities the best route would simply be to submit a proposal to the budget system. This is simply an OTC market to buy DASH.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying this. Apparently I misinterpreted what Evan had written.

My original message was quite unclear and I've edited it to make it easier to understand. The idea here is we've received earmarked Dash for a marketing/pr program that our team has outstanding expenses for already and we're looking for buyers for those expenses. Sorry for the confusion!

We are not reimbursing invoices from the community on this program, we have a series of official commitments to third party service providers we need to pay, all Evan was doing is describing a potential mechanism that could be used to do an OTC trade. For the most part we will be simply selling coins OTC to fund the commitments we have acquired.

For community activities the best route would simply be to submit a proposal to the budget system. This is simply an OTC market to buy DASH.

Hi,
If I can buy DASH and pay $ with Paypal I'm in.
May be for a Max of ~400$/month.
But it'll also depend on DASH price of course.

My original message was quite unclear and I've edited it to make it easier to understand. The idea here is we've received earmarked Dash for a marketing/pr program that our team has outstanding expenses for already and we're looking for buyers for those expenses. Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you for the clarification. I am sorry that I have misinterpreted it.

Thank you. I will submit this proposal for the community approval.

Edit. I am also interested in buying DASH OTC periodically. I'll send an e-mail in this regard.

Thank you for the clarification. I am sorry that I have misinterpreted it.

Thank you. I will submit this proposal for the community approval.

Edit. I am also interested in buying DASH OTC periodically. I'll send an e-mail in this regard.

Proposal submited. Please vote

mnbudget vote a64c67c6d3cc6588fe8fe3c20c2ac1033296db9bf6eb2e1f1254b4b89bc8d765 yes​

:wink:

One last thing, just clarifying as people were asking on email. We do not intend to become a real market, coin availability is limited to the expenses that need to be paid each month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back