• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashMiner.com multipool

here, little surprise for you, I did a couple of pictures for laughs on the new wood backed computer.
One of the R9 290 triX fans has been driving me crazy for weeks with it's squeaking and rattling, so I finally ripped it out and used an old cpu fan, making that 2 out of 3 now!
End result :- it runs silent, tickover is actually cooler, saved $30 on replacement fans, and most importantly there is virtually no noise, :cool:

View attachment 1863

Half finished H81 mining motherboard and (discarded) parallel PSUs.

View attachment 1864
Here this one - not existing anymore as I sold all and bought 'darkcoins' ;)
Yes, 2 discs as I used this PC for my personal use too...
There were 4 GPUs but one was burnt LOL :)
yeKAVpi.jpg

Here this one - not existing anymore as I sold all and bought 'darkcoins' ;)
Yes, 2 discs as I used this PC for my personal use too...
There were 4 GPUs but one was burnt LOL :)
yeKAVpi.jpg
I like your way of supporting the GPU's from both ends, simple but effective, what mobo was that?

I like your way of supporting the GPU's from both ends, simple but effective, what mobo was that?
Asus P8H77-V
Later I moved the best GPU with the mobo and put there ASRock one.
Yes, that support was cool for me.
I was mining darkcoins with it half of a year +/- later I sold all GPU`s to buy more coins instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
here, little surprise for you, I did a couple of pictures for laughs on the new wood backed computer.
One of the R9 290 triX fans has been driving me crazy for weeks with it's squeaking and rattling, so I finally ripped it out and used an old cpu fan, making that 2 out of 3 now!
End result :- it runs silent, tickover is actually cooler, saved $30 on replacement fans, and most importantly there is virtually no noise, :cool:

View attachment 1863

Half finished H81 mining motherboard and (discarded) parallel PSUs.

View attachment 1864
Looks great man! I had my H81 just sitting on an anti static bags and running for months with Gpus standing with little cardboard stands, and it ran great for 3-4 months. Well yesterday, I decided to do it right, and put the whole thing in a nice new Frame. Now it doesn't work UGH

Looks great man! I had my H81 just sitting on an anti static bags and running for months with Gpus standing with little cardboard stands, and it ran great for 3-4 months. Well yesterday, I decided to do it right, and put the whole thing in a nice new Frame. Now it doesn't work UGH
H81 is as moody and upsets as easy as my ex :rolleyes:

Its a power regulation issue in my opinion, had some old mobo that had underrated capacitors that caused no end of weird and wonderful problems on installations and mining cards, if true, yes it is better we leave this behind and move on.
Have you any mobo's in mind, that cost slightly more than $30 and use lga 1150 sockets? :grin:

I just ordered this one:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128714R

for $88.00 I'll report back to tell you how it performs, I would just be happy if it could run 4 GPUs at this point, since I can never get the H81 to go past 4. Definitely some sort of power problem on the board. and just overall weirdness. I also just got 4 separate 20A breakers put in near my workbench, and I will show you guys the entire setup, it is very cool, 5 machines w/4GPUs, trying to get more frames (Sluice Open Frames are the best IMO). Most are 7970s Sapphire (Just bought one yesterday for 175 dollars!) which are a cheap but very reliable GPU, but I'm getting more and more R9 280x Toxics, as they are very overclockable (Sp?). They are getting harder to find as a lot of people are starting to get back into mining other coins using Gpus.....

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Also, sub, that was my concern, as I just want a LGA 1150 (I've got 4 laying around), and there is another board made by gigabyte I am researching. I'll let you know if these work...

Also, sub, that was my concern, as I just want a LGA 1150 (I've got 4 laying around), and there is another board made by gigabyte I am researching. I'll let you know if these work...
Eyed up that Z97, but the stingyness kicked in but those cheap boards are false economy, can spend a lot of time messing with them and as it took a PSU out would have been better going straight to a real motherboard anyhow

haven't you considered the nvidia route, meant to mine more efficiently and use less electricity?

Eyed up that Z97, but the stingyness kicked in but those cheap boards are false economy, can spend a lot of time messing with them and as it took a PSU out would have been better going straight to a real motherboard anyhow
I know it, the only reason I decided to get it, is, I think it had 3 stars out of 5 on the ratings, vs 1 star on the H81

haven't you considered the nvidia route, meant to mine more efficiently and use less electricity?
Yes I have, I was kind of waiting for AMD to post a major breakthrough this year, but haven't seen much. Nvidia has great software and less power, I may just build an entire rig with their stuff by the end of the year, if I can afford it.....

Yes I have, I was kind of waiting for AMD to post a major breakthrough this year, but haven't seen much. Nvidia has great software and less power, I may just build an entire rig with their stuff by the end of the year, if I can afford it.....
In situations like this its probably better to back both teams to make sure.

Back