• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

I'm curious to see how the bitching and whining is going to go with the shared node service operators and votes of people with only have 50 DASH in the pot...

Frankly, if you gave up your responsibility to run the node yourself, you gave up the right to vote... I don't get to vote if I renounce my citizenship... If you can't be asked to do your part, you can suck it.

I see it like representative government. You choose a pooled MN operator who you know and trust to make good voting decisions on your behalf. If it turns out that he doesn't vote the way you want him to, you just choose a different guy--or become a politician yourself to pool other people's money and vote in your (and their) best interests.

I see it like representative government. You choose a pooled MN operator who you know and trust to make good voting decisions on your behalf. If it turns out that he doesn't vote the way you want him to, you just choose a different guy--or become a politician yourself to pool other people's money and vote in your (and their) best interests.
I think they had this little discussion before, that the pool MN operator would ask his customers to put in a vote, and the majority is the vote. Like if the pool has 10 customers, 8 vote "no", 2 vote "yes", then the operator should submit a "no" vote. And yes like you said, if someone gets upset they can pick another MN service but i doubt they would, or they could run into the same scenario again.

It means everything but mixing-related transactions (like collaterals, denominations and all that stuff).
I didn't like to have my first "real" transaction" show up on page 4, so implemented this filter somewhere in v11.
Thanks. Most Common would refer to the majority of transactions in your wallet. Technically, if you mix a few times, the most common transaction would actually be the mixing stuff.

Maybe "Standard" or "Non Mixing" would be better descriptions. Would it make sense to make this the default sort method, it looks like it defaults to all?

Thanks. Most Common would refer to the majority of transactions in your wallet. Technically, if you mix a few times, the most common transaction would actually be the mixing stuff.

Maybe "Standard" or "Non Mixing" would be better descriptions. Would it make sense to make this the default sort method, it looks like it defaults to all?

Actually me first implementation (see 2nd part of https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/321) had this as default setting, but too much users were confused so we decided to show all transactions as default and show a popup with some information when a user mixes for the very first time.

during syncing of masternode winners (at 75%) i get today a lot of failed sync on my windows wallets, i tried deleting peers.dat
and using command mnsync reset but its not helping .. maybe it has something to do with me updating my windows wallets
from v0.12.0.50 to v0.12.0.51 recently (and choose today to do a sync)

The only thing that seems to help is closing wallet and then deleting pretty much all the .dat files (except the wallet.dat file) .

edit : yep, that definetely solved it for my windows wallets

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually me first implementation (see 2nd part of https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/321) had this as default setting, but too much users were confused so we decided to show all transactions as default and show a popup with some information when a user mixes for the very first time.
I couldn't sort out it's meaning, either. My TXes in a certain wallet are nothing but mixing, but it still only shows the initial receive. So, "common" doesn't mean what I think it means...

during syncing of masternode winners (at 75%) i get today a lot of failed sync on my windows wallets, i tried deleting peers.dat
and using command mnsync reset but its not helping .. maybe it has something to do with me updating my windows wallets
from v0.12.0.50 to v0.12.0.51 recently (and choose today to do a sync)

The only thing that seems to help is closing wallet and then deleting pretty much all the .dat files (except the wallet.dat file) .

edit : yep, that definetely solved it for my windows wallets
Yep, a known one. This https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/591 should fix it.

I think the turmoil of finding different projects to support, no one ever agreeing on everything always... Crypto brats being a lot brattier than a "normal" person... I think there's going to be way too much switching about, changing from one operator to another all the damned time... Rules will be set up for frequency of getting in and getting out. it'll be more frustrating, the whiners will get more mad...

It may become impetus to finally man up and learn how to do it their damn selves so they get to vote the way they really want. Why give up that granularity to a failed concept of (non) representative government when you can sack up the responsibility to do it your damn self? Who knows, some of these idiots might learn a life-lesson about taking responsibility for tehmselves....

Nah, my undying optimism is getting the best of me again... Careful there, Icarus... Hubris by proxy of being fool enough to have faith in others, who could have seen that coming?

No one can look out for my best interests better than me.

Anyway, I know I'm OT bait, but this is going further than I meant...

It may not even make sense... We all put our money into masternodes for one reason: To make a $2,500 Masternode into a $25,000 Masternode. Adoption moves the decimal point. Education moves the decimal point.

DASH is still a coin about tomorrow, not a static, non-devlopment clonecoin being traded about for no reason. The price of DASH today means nothing, except that I get to buy moar...

https://play.google.com/music/previ...rch&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

Getting high on the pushing about of un-researched abbreviations will come to an end, eventually... DASH is still the only crypto that doesn't reek of that smell...

Say you'll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you

Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you

It reminds me of crypto every time I hear it... DASH is the only crypto that doesn't smell like death to anyone with a nose. Bitcoin itself is on life support, the only thing that keeps it alive is that it's the one most people have just barely heard about and it's the only one really supported by exchanges. You have to get into BTC to get into anything else. BTC holds the keys, but not by design, so it doesn't always have to be the one holding the keys...

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it the DASH MN appears to be running on the Cold-side - but - no: <dashd.pid> [can be found]............
.......... /home/miXbY/.dash/dashd.pid: No such file or directory

Why so??
Thoughts??

studioz, have you tried:

dash-cli masternodelist full | grep -e your-IP-address

And did you get:

"txid-0" : " ENABLED number Dash-address ip-address:9999 number number number",

I have no idea what the numbers are ;P

If so, you should be OK, if not, something went wrong :(

Im trying to get .51 to run for over 3 afterwork evenings of trying now.... Still 'not capable masternode: Could not connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999'

tried:
-compiled from source like i always do. (raspberry pi 2)
-running wallet .51 to try to start it
-check port on router, 9999
-deleted all files on masternode except dash.conf for a full rebuild.
-deleted all files on wallet except the wallet and conf, for a full rebuild
-sweared at it
-drank booze to ease myself

Also. I think bootstrap is bugged (at least for me). After about block 30.000-ish it stops syncing and renames the bootstrap.dat to bootstrap.dat.old. Restarting dashd continues the sync. Maybe thats the key. Ill try above stuff, including the booze, excluding the swearing and excluding the bootstrap one more time tonight and report back.

Im trying to get .51 to run for over 3 afterwork evenings of trying now.... Still 'not capable masternode: Could not connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999'

tried:
-sweared at it

Also. I think bootstrap is bugged (at least for me). After about block 30.000-ish it stops syncing and renames the bootstrap.dat to bootstrap.dat.old. Restarting dashd continues the sync. Maybe thats the key. Ill try above stuff, including the booze, excluding the swearing and excluding the bootstrap one more time tonight and report back.
There is a fine line between making things 'seem' to go faster and being productive with the booze...LOL.

Maybe the SD card is corrupt and you should try another. Also if you only have an 8GB card, I would bet the bootstrap is hitting the max size of you card.

Do we know why most of the MN with duplicated IP addresses are gone? I am just wondering if these MN operators have left or they just start using unique IP addresses.

tried:
-sweared at it

Try recompiling with this https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/590 pls

Anybody?

How is it the DASH MN appears to be running on the Cold-side - but - no: <dashd.pid> [can be found]............
Why so??
Thoughts??

Anybody?

Why so??
Thoughts??
Does dashd.pid only exist when it is running as a daemon? Guess: are you running the qt client?

Does dashd.pid only exist when it is running as a daemon? Guess: are you running the qt client?

running dashd on cold-side
and yes - dashd.pid only runs when dashd is running - but it's missing now....

Back