• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(SOLVED)Solo Mining

You are right! 1 GH! Sorry!
have you noticed the difficulty is on a 22-24 hr wave cycle, if you bang on 1 gig on the troughs you will get more yield for short periods.
Which is about now by the looks ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I actually mentioned this to flare aswell, within 10 minutes the difficulty makes large swings and incredibly fast (most of the time it has been mined 5 minutes before block explorers/pools update) I watched it go from 1900 difficulty and 7.4 payout to 3300/4.5 in half an hour, an hour after I left the pool it reports less than 2100/7.4, the network hash for that pools block is 1.2GH which is +/- 10% meaning I brought this particular pool 100% more hash and the difficulty ramped up for the unfortunate people chugging under 1MH, this is why I am worried if I should point it at a small pool, it wasn't worth it anyway; from what I can tell the two payments I received so far were 0.18 and 0.15, solo mining it should have been almost 1.4 Dash in that same amount of time.

I believe cost effectively it's better to split this hashrate between multiple locations or run much less at a time, like 70MH/sec for a rough cost of 1200 watts

There was one point I had nearly 1.8GH on the last stretch which gave a ridiculous near 4k and 2.5 payout, thats when it has to go.

It basically does this-
Gqypb0w.jpg

Yes, I actually mentioned this to flare aswell, within 10 minutes the difficulty makes large swings and incredibly fast (most of the time it has been mined 5 minutes before block explorers/pools update) I watched it go from 1900 difficulty and 7.4 payout to 3300/4.5 in half an hour, an hour after I left the pool it reports less than 2100/7.4, the network hash for that pools block is 1.2GH which is +/- 10% meaning I brought this particular pool 100% more hash and the difficulty ramped up for the unfortunate people chugging under 1MH, this is why I am worried if I should point it at a small pool, it wasn't worth it anyway; from what I can tell the two payments I received so far were 0.18 and 0.15, solo mining it should have been almost 1.4 Dash in that same amount of time....
Makes sense to mine small amounts of hash and spread it around-given an alotted amount otherwise, you will be effectively mining against your own high difficulty (how ironic) and also the getwork from the network is not keeping up with your end.
(this is argument against quantum computers btw, basically they can't get new work in and out quick enough to process, entry/exit bottlenecks, lol)

Makes sense to mine small amounts of hash and spread it around-given an alotted amount otherwise, you will be effectively mining against your own high difficulty (how ironic) and also the getwork from the network is not keeping up with your end.
(this is argument against quantum computers btw, basically they can't get new work in and out quick enough to process, entry/exit bottlenecks, lol)
Right on; I spread it between 5 area's and did 100MH/s on each node that reported a different block, and this didn't really work. So I put the 1GH on a PPS and it yielded almost twice as much but it took nearly 3 days to pay out everything, even on blocks that I didn't mine on, it essentially took 75% and divided it up between ~30 blocks so I essentially got 2.5% for several days even thought I mined on 1- 1.5 block(s) the PPS system is either incredibly fair or is more attractive to someone with higher hash rate since a block may not be solved in 2 or less hours, or both.

In contrast mining 500MH/s for 12 hours on PPNLS (P2Pool) came to roughly the same amount as 1GH/s for 45 minutes(3 days payout) on PPS, the cost effectiveness is cheaper for 1GH burst, but 1GH for 1 hour on P2Pool was around 50%+ less.

PPLNS
500MH/s 12 hours/1 pool (P2Pool) = ~4.5 Dash
100MH/s on 5 different pools 12 hours (P2Pool) = ~3.75 Dash
1GH on 1 P2Pool for 1 hour = 0.56
11 MH/s 24 hours (P2pool) = 0.45

PPS
11MH/s 24 Hours PPS = 0.27
500MH/s 24 Hours PPS = 18.7
1GH for 1 Hour PPS = (2.59 Day 1) (3.97 Day 2) (5.44 Day 3)
1GH for 12 Hours PPS = 14.97
1GH for 24 hours PPS = 24.12 <- This number is slightly lower because by the 14-15 hour mark the difficulty was almost 4k the nounce was 4 million, the payout was about 2.5 per block and I was asked in an email around the 12 hour mark to spread my hash power out, I didn't get the email until I got home and at some point 20 hours in my miner was on a temporary ban (less than 2 hours).

So overall this was about 70 Dash or $182 USD and the cost of the test was 170 +/- I made 5 dash after covering cost to run or ~$13USD, it's more efficient to mine at less than 20MH/s on one node by my numbers. Keeping difficulty around 2500 or less and a block worth of 4.5 or more, 2 GTX 980's @ 21 MH/s and just under 400 watts at average difficulty is where the profit hits diminishing returns before difficulty puts on the brakes.

Back