• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

Now it's stuck nine hours behind, "synchronizing budgets"; are we still waiting for a new version?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the selection of payees will be done in consensus for v0.12 but the enforcement is still controlled by the reference node. Is that a correct interpretation of your reply?

Yes.

Are we seeing 6.1% of non-conforming MNs?

From dashninja.pl,

0.12.0.45 (70076) 0.1%
0.12.0.44 (70075) 2.5%
0.12.0.44 (70076) 3.5%

Are these nodes trying to fake 0.12 with 7007[56] protocols?

The subver text version is retrieved by the port checker by connecting directly to the nodes and interacting on protocol level. This is retrieved every hour.
The protocol version is retrieved from the masternode list full.
If the masternode daemon was updated but without doing a masternode start the protocol version might still be the old one (70075 or 70076).
This does not mean they are faking v0.12.

Yes.

The subver text version is retrieved by the port checker by connecting directly to the nodes and interacting on protocol level. This is retrieved every hour.
The protocol version is retrieved from the masternode list full.
If the masternode daemon was updated but without doing a masternode start the protocol version might still be the old one (70075 or 70076).
This does not mean they are faking v0.12.

Elbereth, thanks for all the information. I also looked up some older posts on the forum. Evan mentioned that v0.12 has a hybrid state for the reference node. Your reply really helps clearing things up for people like me who do not read all the posts.

Now it's stuck nine hours behind, "synchronizing budgets"; are we still waiting for a new version?

If you're using 0.12.0.45, try shutting down dash then restarting, this time without the --reindex. This worked for me - it seemed to go back a few months to start loading blocks again but when finished, got past the "synchronizing budgets".

This version is looking incredibly stable for me across all of my nodes. I'm running windows 64 and OSX locally (qt) and Linux 64 bit daemon remote.
  • Darksend mixing is moving faster than before (I wish I had a benchmark to quantify this)
  • All messages such as "Synchronizing masternodes", "Synchronizing masternode winners", "Synchronizing budgets", "Synchronizing sporks" are finally disappearing (probably owing to the larger share of the network that's upgraded by now)
  • All my masternodes have been up and stable for the last 24 hours without any issues
  • Upgrade from v44 to v45 didn't even require a restart (since they had the same protocol)
  • I do recommend removing any addnode commands... I found that my clients found more v12 nodes to connect to without it
If you have been holding off on the sidelines to see if early adopters are experiencing issues, I think you are now in the "safe" zone... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend upgrading at this time.

If you're using 0.12.0.45, try shutting down dash then restarting, this time without the --reindex. This worked for me - it seemed to go back a few months to start loading blocks again but when finished, got past the "synchronizing budgets".

Tried it, but qt keeps freezing on me and won't quit, I have to restart the comp each time.

Pablo.

why do you have to restart your comp?

Because the QT wallet freezes and won't shut down. So I have to restart the comp to get rid of it. This is on an HP laptop with Ubuntu 14 and only the wallet running.

Pablo.

Tried it, but qt keeps freezing on me and won't quit, I have to restart the comp each time.

Pablo.

Shouldn't have to start the comp if it freezes. Just do
kill -9 [pid of dash-qt]

or if using windows, kill it using Task Manager.

I get a bit scared when doing this with wallets so I'd recommend you only do this if you already have a backup copy of your wallet.dat somewhere...but we all have this, don't we :)

Shouldn't have to start the comp if it freezes. Just do
kill -9 [pid of dash-qt]

or if using windows, kill it using Task Manager.

I get a bit scared when doing this with wallets so I'd recommend you only do this if you already have a backup copy of your wallet.dat somewhere...but we all have this, don't we :)
Yes i would suggest to install with a fresh, empty wallet first, and make sure everything works first.

Hey,
Yep, tried kill, and killall on console, no dice. The wallet is still there, blank. If I try to open a new one it tells me another is already running.

Pablo.

Hey,
Yep, tried kill, and killall on console, no dice. The wallet is still there, blank. If I try to open a new one it tells me another is already running.

Pablo.

Strange, never known kill -9 to fail me (remember to put the -9 in). Are you sure you've got the right pid...

ps aux | grep dash

Hey,

Pablo.
Maybe you need to reinstall your OS? idk just guessing.

Hey,

Pablo.
There is probably a .pid or similar that you might need to delete after you kill the daemon. My MN is on Windows, so I don't have Linux MN experience but I use Linux extensively for other things and semaphore files lying around will give you that error.

I'm trying to run my masternode hotwallet but my nodes are actually running on Holger's service. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Pablo.

I just upgraded to version 45, and my 2nd wallet can see itself and my son's wallet, my son's wallet can see my 2nd wallet and himself, and my 1st wallet can see all 3. So question is, should I worry that my 2nd wallet and son's wallet can't see my 1st wallet? Or does it just take time? Thanks!

I'm trying to run my masternode hotwallet but my nodes are actually running on Holger's service. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Pablo.
If Flare updated than you "should" be fine too...

I just upgraded to version 45, and my 2nd wallet can see itself and my son's wallet, my son's wallet can see my 2nd wallet and himself, and my 1st wallet can see all 3. So question is, should I worry that my 2nd wallet and son's wallet can't see my 1st wallet? Or does it just take time? Thanks!

It can take some times, you have no reason to worry about...

Back