• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release Date

eduffield

Core Developer
As everyone knows, we’ve been hard at work developing the version 12 release on testnet. To date, this is our largest release with nearly 21000 lines of changes to the codebase. Due to the massive amount of changes and some small glitches that we are continuing to debug, we’re going to delay the v12 release by another week. This will allow us to freeze active development and work on the final issues, if everything looks good when next Wednesday arrives we will release on mainnet.

Thanks to everyone that’s helping out!

The Dash Team

The cat is out of the bag. Evan in reality is a cyborg forked off HAL2000 with added kernel service subroutines called UdjinM6, crowning, flare, moli and a few others.

No biggie. 21000 is a piece of pie these days for Dash :tongue:

The cat is out of the bag. Evan in reality is a cyborg forked off HAL2000 with added kernel service subroutines called UdjinM6, crowning, flare, moli and a few others.

No biggie. 21000 is a piece of pie these days for Dash :tongue:
LOL.. and yidakee, and sub-ether, and qwizzie, and mangledblue, and bertlebbert, and ....

I was wondering how many lines of code this morning... pretty awesome to know how hard and fast they've been working.

LOL.. and yidakee, and sub-ether, and qwizzie, and mangledblue, and bertlebbert, and ....

I was wondering how many lines of code this morning... pretty awesome to know how hard and fast they've been working.

Naa... I've been on the front in other battles this time round. This testnet round was absolutely glorious and what a delight to assist in the sidelines. Didn't contribute as you guys dwarf me these days. Kick ass testnet team!

I think an android wallet is kinda the last thing on anyone's mind right now...
(not so funny I suppose)

Edit: :sad:

Not really, it's on the top of mine, as is iOS :tongue: But not specifically because of v12
Anyway... both versions are humming along. No further comments at this point.

Back to topic... are there any stats on how much of those 21000 lines were actually typed instead of copy-pasted? (self-salomon-slap to the face)

As everyone knows, we’ve been hard at work developing the version 12 release on testnet. To date, this is our largest release with nearly 21000 lines of changes to the codebase. Due to the massive amount of changes and some small glitches that we are continuing to debug, we’re going to delay the v12 release by another week. This will allow us to freeze active development and work on the final issues, if everything looks good when next Wednesday arrives we will release on mainnet.

Thanks to everyone that’s helping out!

The Dash Team

Does that we add one week to all the steps outlined here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-105#post-61537

or is 9/6 still the date for the first budget block?

If anyone wants to know how the budget system works, this is the best time to get your hands on Testnet and try it out. Just be aware that on Mainnet it will take real money to pay for a fee each time you submit a proposal which might or might not be favorably voted upon. This is not a feature like InstantX or Darksend which are benefits for all users. The budget system is for people who plan to create a project or offer a service to the Dash community and in return they get paid for it. So if anyone is still confused of how this system works, please get on Testnet and post your questions on the Test thread, someone will be happy to help you out.

I think an android wallet is kinda the last thing on anyone's mind right now...
(not so funny I suppose)

Edit: :sad:
LOL I got your humor bro. I read 21,000 lines of code and think god I wonder how many bugs have slipped in. I hope none but that might be unrealistic. The chance of something getting committed within those 21,000 lines of code that shouldn't be there is something to ponder. I hope we aren't rushing things that is a lot of code that hasn't been audited.

I believe that everything will be pushed back a week. Digital Cash takes time, this crypto game-changer will be worth the wait, however...:smile:
I would even got further and suggest why not waiting a month after the final feature freeze for the dev's to have some time off to reflect on all the changes and think about all the different ways things could go wrong. I've often found myself stopping major catastrophes by just delaying things a few weeks to give my subconscious and conscious time to catch up with each other.

Nothing would be worse then to push code to mainnet when all the dev's are at the end of a long testing session and don't have the energy or mind space to deal with any major issues on mainnet. To me giving them some time to reflect and relax so that they day we go live we have all hands on deck with fresh minds and fresh thoughts isn't a horrible idea.

Back