• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Current P2pool software

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
After running chaeplin 's software for nearly a month, I'm finding that dstorm 's is giving me issues.

It seems that there is a sever memory leak present utilizing over 2500mb or Ram.
Today, the p2pool software stopped running. I'll post logs next chance I can.

I've been having crashing issues as well, but it seems to just be an issue with the coin daemon talking to the p2pool.

I've been having crashing issues as well, but it seems to just be an issue with the coin daemon talking to the p2pool.
I noticed that in my logs as well. Something about too many open files at once. Unfortunately, I do not have the exact log file anymore.

I'm running a couple of p2pool nodes on a single dedicated server. I ran into open files issues very soon. Its cause by thousends of spawned python sockets. I solved it with some linux magic, but I dont remember how exactly. I set the limit of open files to some million and never had any issues ever again.

No errors in log for me.

Any disadvantage to doing that, why is it coded to have a limit in the first place?
My guess is to help protect against attacks (floods, etc) with basic usage most people only need ~200 connections at once, but that's why they are changeable (on most OS's).

Yes, /etc/security/limits.conf that's it.

A single p2pool node can easily create 30k sockets. If you are running multiple nodes on one machine, set the limit to somewhere pretty high, at least 100k...

Back