• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am AraiBob, retired IT (37 years). Last 15 years was project architecture and project management. Before that... Programmer (3 dozen languages), DBA on 3 packages, and a few application specific knowledge.

I use Ubuntu Linux on my PCs. Gave up on Windows after using Win 7 Ultimate for a year. I heard about BitCoin a few years ago, and saw no real benefit. When the financial theft of customer accounts in Crete happened, I realized I needed an alternative. BitCoin is a bit too public for my tastes. Darkcoin, now 'Dash' appears to be better. But...

I am looking for criteria to decide which of the many crypto-currencies existing will survive the challenges to come. And I don't want the 'coin to be gamed like the stock market. If you have opinions or advice I would love to hear. Documentation is great.

Best Regards, AraiBob

Arai - motorcycle helmet maker
Aray - "Ouch" in Tagalog
A wry - sense of humor
Awry - out of balance

Hi, I am AraiBob, retired IT (37 years). Last 15 years was project architecture and project management. Before that... Programmer (3 dozen languages), DBA on 3 packages, and a few application specific knowledge.

I use Ubuntu Linux on my PCs. Gave up on Windows after using Win 7 Ultimate for a year. I heard about BitCoin a few years ago, and saw no real benefit. When the financial theft of customer accounts in Crete happened, I realized I needed an alternative. BitCoin is a bit too public for my tastes. Darkcoin, now 'Dash' appears to be better. But...

I am looking for criteria to decide which of the many crypto-currencies existing will survive the challenges to come. And I don't want the 'coin to be gamed like the stock market. If you have opinions or advice I would love to hear. Documentation is great.

Best Regards, AraiBob

Arai - motorcycle helmet maker
Aray - "Ouch" in Tagalog
A wry - sense of humor
Awry - out of balance

Aray! I think you'll find nothing awry with Dash, but if you don't appreciate my wry sense of humour, put on your Arai helmet and tune me out!

:wink:

zipper mouth :grin:

should i get the popcorn out ?
:grin:
YpA0Edp.jpg

I am looking for criteria to decide which of the many crypto-currencies existing will survive the challenges to come.

Hi and welcome, Bob!

With your great experience you can make some useful contribution into Dash and determine it's fate. :rolleyes:
28dce1f1b0fa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back