• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wanting to Build Dedicated Mining Rig

Xeon

I'm wanting to do as cheap as possible. I'll be selling off my scrypt and sha256 asics. The money from selling those will go towards build. Looking for cheap and still have good hash rate.

Well you're most likely going to want to buy used hardware, newegg has gpu rig cases for about 30 and extenders are 3$ on amazon. DO NOT SKIMP ON THE PSU!

I've been slowly getting tempted to to the same. Don't know if I should hold off until autumn to use mining gear as heaters as well :grin:

Anyway, interested in getting back into the "game"

I already have a 1300W EVGA Gold PSU.

What GPU's for max Hash but on cheaper side?
Well I have been looking at 7970's mostly for the most hash for the buck, if you're lucky you can secure them for around .4 btc each, but they need to be wanting to unload them quickly so be ready to put into escrow asap.

Well I have been looking at 7970's mostly for the most hash for the buck, if you're lucky you can secure them for around .4 btc each, but they need to be wanting to unload them quickly so be ready to put into escrow asap.

I already have a 7950, 7970's are basically two 7950's in one card right?

I already have a 7950, 7970's are basically two 7950's in one card right?

You mean the legendary 7990 not the 7970.
Btw before upgrading, you do know that the new R9 370 series are ready for release and meant to be really quick on memory speed, only reason AMD have delayed the release is because they have a lot of back stock of R9 280's etc. This will put the price down, might be more beneficial hash speed wise per buck to wait a few weeks and buys a load of R9 280x in a sale or try a couple of R9 370's (I am thinking of trying 1)

Well you're most likely going to want to buy used hardware, newegg has gpu rig cases for about 30 and extenders are 3$ on amazon. DO NOT SKIMP ON THE PSU!

Would you be willing to put together a bill of materials that would be needed? (assuming amazon or newegg as sources)

You mean the legendary 7990 not the 7970.
Btw before upgrading, you do know that the new R9 370 series are ready for release and meant to be really quick on memory speed, only reason AMD have delayed the release is because they have a lot of back stock of R9 280's etc. This will put the price down, might be more beneficial hash speed wise per buck to wait a few weeks and buys a load of R9 280x in a sale or try a couple of R9 370's (I am thinking of trying 1)
Yeah and the 280x is essentially a little beefier 7970, hopefully they clean house and we can snag these great cards on the cheap.

and yes I will compile a bit of a list.

I have problems with the GPU getting recognized in the smaller 1 times PCI-e ports, advise you get a mobo with 3 or 4 full size 16 times PCI-e ports.

I have problems with the GPU getting recognized in the smaller 1 times PCI-e ports, advise you get a mobo with 3 or 4 full size 16 times PCI-e ports.
Well that is going to increase the price by around 50$ if you don't count mail in rebates, I have a bit of trouble occasionally but have been able to solve it mostly through a couple reboots and plugging the monitor into that gpu until recognized.

Hello All.
I am very new to Dash. I have been cloud mining Bitcoin since past one year. But now, i don't want the dependency on the mining company. I am attracted towards Dash as an alternative to Bitcoin.
For this, i wish to use Baikal ASIC Miner. But due to global shortage, i am not getting it from the manufacturer itself!!
Alibaba has got it listed but too hefty price. I mean ridiculous, $520 for a mini miner which sells at #300 on Baikal site. That's almost double.
So i thought of TWO options:
1. I could go for building DIY my own x11 asic miner for Dash it would be great.
2. I could also use mining rig rentals if possible and if the rent justifies economically against the profit.

Request to experts here.
Could anyone help me please?

Back