• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES (UPDATE GUIDE UPDATED FOR 13.0)

Sorry if this was already explained before, but can I send the deposit of 1000 DASH with Darksend using anonymized funds? If not, why it is not possible from the technical point of view?

Sorry if this was already explained before, but can I send the deposit of 1000 DASH with Darksend using anonymized funds? If not, why it is not possible from the technical point of view?
It just has to be a single 1000DASH deposit to the Masternode address. Try it and see if it works. If not, just re-send with a normal transaction. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll add it to my guide.

Hi Tao and fellow Dashers,

Obviously new to Dashtalk so a big "G'day" to all.

First off, thanks a bunch for an excellent guide, gratuities inbound! I have successfully completed all steps and my masternode is running :smile:

One issue is the last command; grep HotCold .darkcoin/debug.log
When I hit enter I get; grep: .darkcoin/debug.log: No such file or directory

Has this command changed at all since the rename to dash? And if so whats the command I should enter into Putty? I have retraced all my steps and am pretty sure I got everthing right.....

Yours or anyones help would be awesome

First off, thanks a bunch for an excellent guide, gratuities inbound! I have successfully completed all steps and my masternode is running :smile:

Has this command changed at all since the rename to dash? And if so whats the command I should enter into Putty? I have retraced all my steps and am pretty sure I got everthing right.....

Welcome Marco :smile:

With the re-branding from Darkcoin to Dash the default folder name has changed as well, it's now ".dash".

So, the grep command should now be "grep HotCold .dash/debug.log"

Welcome Marco :smile:

With the re-branding from Darkcoin to Dash the default folder name has changed as well, it's now ".dash".

So, the grep command should now be "grep HotCold .dash/debug.log"

I figured that would be the case but did not want to guess it and get it wrong. Thanks heaps crowning ill give it crack

Thanks for using my guide and pointing out this holdover from my rebranding. Fixed!

thanks Tao for this great guide! it helped me alot since i don't have linux experience!
but if i want to run a second MN for a different wallet at the same vultr server, is it possible?
i need to run a second dashd instance as another user or i can do it with one instance?
or i just need a second vultr server?

thanks Tao for this great guide! it helped me alot since i don't have linux experience!
but if i want to run a second MN for a different wallet at the same vultr server, is it possible?
i need to run a second dashd instance as another user or i can do it with one instance?

I believe, the general consensus was that a different IP is required because otherwise the listening port would conflict.

Even though it's still possible to run many MNs on one server (see Sub-Ether 's answer) the original idea was to spread MNs as much as possible. As for you similar question in another thread - no, it's not possible to run MN on different port, only 9999 is the legit one on mainnet. This restriction was implemented because of the idea I just described.

if i change ip of an MN should i do the procedure from the beginning?
the old ip is marked as closed but it is still active in the blockchain!
i have changed the ip in dash.conf of my wallet and restarted ubuntu with different ip. something is wrong

Edit: i set a new address since it seems that IP is bond with a specific address and cannot be changed! very strange.
now i am good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big time newb over here, how do I paste my custom .dash/dash.conf file into Joe? I'm scared to go to the next step without being sure I actually copied the file over to Joe. Appreciate any help, thank you

Big time newb over here, how do I paste my custom .dash/dash.conf file into Joe? I'm scared to go to the next step without being sure I actually copied the file over to Joe. Appreciate any help, thank you
use 'nano' editor... :)
click right mouse :) it should paste :D

Copy the file in windows normally, then right click in the Joe window.

How do you turn off or delist a masternode in order or move it to a different server?
Simply stop the deamon by:
dashd stop
wait 90 min or as long as thy IP gets of the list of active masternodes...change the vps and IP in your conf file and start from local and remote.

Quick Dash update Guide for Dummies:

Download QT and dashd.

In Putty:

Login to your VPS.

./darkcoind stop

rm .darkcoin/peers.dat

rm .darkcoin/debug.log

In WinSCP:

Login to your VPS.
On the right side, right click and rename the .darkcoin folder .dash.
Go into the .dash folder, right click and rename Darkcoin.conf to dash.conf
Transfer dashd to VPS.

Back to Putty:

chmod 777 ./dashd

./dashd

Wait a minute, and do a Masternode start on your local wallet.

That's it!

hey Tao
is this still accurate ?
Could you please make a new Thread with this
this guide is hard to find down here
tx

Would be nice to keep this guide up to date if there are any changes. I might use it again soon :)

ken@Ubuntu1404x64:~$ ./dashd getinfo
Error: There is no RPC client functionality in dashd anymore. Use the dash-cli utility instead.

I see an error, but
Dash server starting

Please, help me

Back