• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

is there limits? I tried to do 500tDASH for 10 rounds...say DARKsend is idle?
It should, sometimes there aren't any other inputs I think, or else it's idle? I think, though I must find out for sure, that there is a randomness to which darksend mixings you join, so they aren't consecutive all the time, more random. Is that correct?

I am trying Darksend right now to anon the tDASH...is coming up with a error. Darksend request incomplete.

EDIT: its starting to work now...its giving me some random errors...I guess we need more peeps trying to darksend for it to work?

you mean this one?
Status: 7 confirmations (verified via instantx), broadcast through 33 node(s)Date: 4/7/2015 21:59To: Bigrcanada! yJh9wQAassChb5thhWZosWd8DSmjrKcVE7Debit: -500.00 tDASHTransaction fee: -0.01 tDASHNet amount: -500.01 tDASHTransaction ID: 638081496997e5dedd787c3cd8419ca543bbc06a135477b70fbcf8e3215a4b95-000

You should be able to look it up in the explorer? I didn't use darksend, but it probably used several addresses to gather 500 coins?
I meant I cant see the sending wallet, your wallet address ;)

Another thing, can we show one of the sending addresses instead of 'unknown'

Perhaps:
Code:
From: yGicnVeYWqR77eJUiGwYYMfdcDrj3Qs1Ew (and 9 other addresses)

edit: lol bigrcanada -- we thought the same thing at the same time. -- I usually wait for a block and check http://test.explorer.dashninja.pl/
Well, it wouldn't tell you as much as going to the blockchain explorer would, and it'd kind of be a lot of info? I dunno, though, maybe. Would that be useful? The guys would have to program it in...

Well, it would be nice to know who sent you some coins, or maybe I'm missing something. probably the later. But is someone sends me coins it would be good to track that.

Well, it wouldn't tell you as much as going to the blockchain explorer would, and it'd kind of be a lot of info? I dunno, though, maybe. Would that be useful? The guys would have to program it in...

all the info I suggest is in that code snippet. literally "(and 9 other addresses)"
And it is useful to have an address you *know* they have control of to send, say, a refund back to.

Here is the link to that transaction. I did darksend and instantX so you have a huge list of inputs ;P

http://test.explorer.dashninja.pl/t...cbe3fb0631d33137db6681aefc29e5673b2e8319bb4ca

Ah, refunds, that makes sense! Except, people do consolidate their wallets periodically because they can get cumbersome. Then they might have tossed out the address. So it would probably be safest to get a fresh address from the customer in that case.

all the info I suggest is in that code snippet. literally "(and 9 other addresses)"
And it is useful to have an address you *know* they have control of to send, say, a refund back to.

yes...I mean I'm always looking at this from my roll as a merchant. I'd want to be able to connect addressed to clients....refunds are a good use, also to verify a client has paid for a good or service....

yes...I mean I'm always looking at this from my roll as a merchant. I'd want to be able to connect addressed to clients....refunds are a good use, also to verify a client has paid for a good or service....
just keep in mind it may be more like:

Code:
From: yGicnVeYWqR77eJUiGwYYMfdcDrj3Qs1Ew (and 79 other addresses)

expect many many-to-one transactions -- customer identity should be determined by the receiving address, not the sending. -- Your system needs to reserve and store each generated address and tie it to an invoice.

To verify that a customers coins are connected to the transaction is going to have to be a part of the merchant's bookkeeping. But actually, the TXID is really the thing to look at, and like I said earlier, if refunds need to be made, I'd guess the best thing to do is to retrieve a fresh address from the customer???

Isn't the TXID unique to the one transaction and many TXID's are included in a block?

just keep in mind it may be more like:

Code:
From: yGicnVeYWqR77eJUiGwYYMfdcDrj3Qs1Ew (and 79 other addresses)

expect many many-to-one transactions -- customer identity should be determined by the receiving address, not the sending.
hummmm. this makes it hard to track for staff for warranty, refunds and payment confirmations. YIKES!

just sent the address yGicnVeYWqR77eJUiGwYYMfdcDrj3Qs1Ew 100tDASH via instantx

It is with great sadness that I must say good night. I had another sleepless night last night, so I'm going to try and meditate and get to sleep (hopefully) at a normal time tonight ;P Goodnight guys!!

Hummm....this gives me something to think about from my perspective. This is something I'm going to need help with at our shop. I couldn't imagine doing a few hundred transactions a day through our till....could be interesting. thanks gang. I'm off to bed. I've learnt a lot this evening.

It is with great sadness that I must say good night. I had another sleepless night last night, so I'm going to try and meditate and get to sleep (hopefully) at a normal time tonight ;P Goodnight guys!!
goodnight. me too! cheers!

Moli, while you're at it, how bout sharing how I can set up a testnet masternode. I'm sure I've asked this before, and been answered, but never had a chance to follow through on it. I have t-dash ready to go...

edit--I'm on Arch Linux and all the guides I see are aimed at M$ or Apple.
Strix, the only difference between setting up a testnet or mainnet masternode is "testnet=1' in the dash.conf file. Literally, I kid you not. Or from the command line ./dashd -testnet on the server and at the client.

So if you have already setup a mainnet masternode, you already know how to setup a testnet masternode. Moli's installation notes on the previous pages were very good, or you can use Tao's guide: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

Sorry I don't know what is needed to compile everything on Arch. Are you on a Raspberry PI? I might have to try this, I have a couple of Pi's doing nothing at the moment.

Wow! All this testnet testing has gotten me in a testing mood! I think I may try setting up a testnet MN today. Will a laptop handle it?

Back