• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

bigrcanada , Ok so you already have the dash-qt.exe that you downloaded and stored somewhere....
First off, let's create a separate folder with no MNs or real money in it....

In C:\ create a new folder, name it "TESTNET". Move your dash-qt.exe to this folder, also create another folder there and name it "Dash".
Now your screen should look similar to this:

View attachment 1309

Open Notepad, type just one line: testnet=1, save it as "dash.conf". Then put this file in the "Dash" folder as you see above.

Right click on dash-qt.exe, choose "Create Shortcut". Move this shortcut to your desktop.
Right click on this shortcut, choose "Properties" and you'll see a screen similar to this:

View attachment 1310

Make sure in "Target" you have this line: C:\TESTNET\dash-qt.exe -datadir=C:\TESTNET\Dash -listen=0
Click "Apply", and "OK".

Click on the shortcut to run your Testnet wallet and let it sync (it will sync fast!)

Once it syncs you will see this in your "Dash" folder:

View attachment 1312

Click on "testnet3" you'll see the contents much like your regular wallet for Mainnet:

View attachment 1313

You get the Receiving address just like your Mainnet wallet and use it to get some Test coins (fake DASH) from the faucet:
http://test.faucet.dashninja.pl/
Once the coins are there, start the Darksend mixing..

That's it! Have fun! :)

Thanks Moli...I'll give this a shot here shortly. Cheers

Are there any impact from reloading mncache.dat just before writing new mncache.dat ?
I think we are overwrite some updated information with reloading again and again.

Ok...just syncing the testnet wallet right now! I'll create the a wallet and get some test coins into it So...what are some tasks I should be trying other then Mixing? How long should it take to sync?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any impact from reloading mncache.dat just before writing new mncache.dat ?
I think we are overwrite some updated information with reloading again and again.
Nope, mncache.dat info is really loaded in memory only once (on wallet startup) and then wallet loads it in temporary structure just to verify that format is ok (and if it is wallet flushes updated info there).

Is there a reporting form that we can use to log information on...? like a debug log?

kapow zoom!

Code:
Date: 4/8/2015 00:41
To: y33ZLdXbNjUF8cPVRXm8G9eGDX6k2mapLK (own address, label: ix4)
Credit: 800.00 tDASH
Net amount: +800.00 tDASH
Transaction ID: a1ddb391f2309d727d47483c3b9c4202b6928fdf3c519b683b64664d68593072-000

for this setup, always:
be in ~/testnet
use "-datadir=." argument

(I made some random values, you can make your own)

Code:
mkdir ~/testnet
cd ~/testnet
echo """
rpcuser=1g3hXg7MdzHVwoJRcAE36EHe7hw327kZQogrmGgKtsch
rpcpassword=HVKtsch1g7hw327kZoJRcAE36EHeQogrmGg3hXg7Mdz
#-----
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
#-----
testnet=1
debug=1
#-----
#masternode=0
#masternodeprivkey=
#masternodeaddr=REPLACE_IP:19999
""" > dash.conf
wget http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-190/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/64/dashd -O dashd-0.11.2.19
chmod 755 dashd-0.11.2.19
ln -s dashd-0.11.2.19 dashd
./dashd -datadir=.

then after blockchain sync (check with "./dashd -datadir=. getinfo" and http://test.explorer.dashninja.pl/chain/Dash )
(current block height is 32357)
NOTE: version .19 still shows as version .18 -- welcome to testnet ;)

do

Code:
./dashd -datadir=. getnewaddress
./dashd -datadir=. masternode genkey
./dashd -datadir=. stop
/sbin/ifconfig

send 1000 tdrk to your new address (or pm me and I'll send you the 1k)
set masternode=1 and copy your genkey and IP address (from ifconfig) to your dash.conf like below:
Code:
#-----
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=9yourgenkeysomethinglongstring
masternodeaddr=123.123.123.123:19999

then re-launch dashd
Code:
./dashd -datadir=.

send masternode start and check masternode status after warmup

Code:
sleep 60 ; ./dashd -datadir=. masternode start ; sleep 15 ; ./dashd -datadir=. masternode debug
should respond with a "masternode started" message

have a beer
Nice one :) one note: with "debug=1" there will be a ton of additional info written so be prepared for a lot faster debug.log growth

Nice one :) one note: with "debug=1" there will be ton of additional info written so be prepared for a lot faster debug.log growth
thank you. :)

indeed debug=1 is a hog, but what better way to run a testnet node? ;)

so I tried to get some tDash...and it says I have an invalid wallet address?!?

so I must be missing something....I opened the dash qt in the testnet folder...there was a default wallet address I used...am I supposed to do something else?

InstantX is INSTANT MAN!

So instant I couldn't check the block explorer to find the sending address! j/k

But seriously, UdjinM6, eduffield, until incorporated into a block, is there any way (perhaps in the future) to interrogate the masternode quorum for real-time transaction statii? (a la blockchain.infos front page (pending transactions scroll))

my testnet wallet says its syned to block 248795....seems like I'm on the reqular blockchain?

so I must be missing something....I opened the dash qt in the testnet folder...there was a default wallet address I used...am I supposed to do something else?
make sure you did that :

Open Notepad, type just one line: testnet=1, save it as "dash.conf". Then put this file in the "Dash" folder as you see above.

Back