• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Using PHP and darkcoind

You could always use the paper wallet generator that is an html-based doc for wallet generation with you importing the private key into darkcoind but why not go directly to the source and generate a new address intrawallet. What exactly are you doing?

You could always use the paper wallet generator that is an html-based doc for wallet generation with you importing the private key into darkcoind but why not go directly to the source and generate a new address intrawallet. What exactly are you doing?

A site I'm working on needs to have a wallet address for the user. It's hosted on a server with darkcoind running on it. I was hoping to run a command similar to

Code:
darkcoind getnewaddress usersWalletAddr1

...but within a php script.

If anyone can help, I'm getting couldn't connect to host error. Is there anyway I can check what port number I should be connecting to in case it's not default?

Also, should I be using the rpc username and password in my darkcoin.conf?

Edit: I got it guys. Found a command to list open ports and used that. Running sweet now! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong, but couldn't you just have the PHP execute a shell command to talk to the daemon?

Back