• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

The name DASH has really grown on me since Evan announced the renaming/rebranding a few days ago. I think this is going to be a very positive move for Darkcoin and it’s going to help in becoming mainstream and taking the torch from Bitcoin in the future.

However in the meantime whilst we are waiting on whether or not the name DASH can be used I think we should come up with some viable alternatives. I’m sure this great community can work together and come up with something brilliant.

I’ve been brainstorming some ideas for names and I like the name ‘Core’ or CORE. I think InstantX could be used and I also think some of the other suggestions such as Pulse is a good suggestion, what do you think?

Sorry but I would down vote all of those.

but yes - there has to be something better if DASH fails

P.S.: Small update on the Pulse suggestion: I just thought of a nice tagline to go along with it:

Pulse.
Send money in a heartbeat

Of course, if you take it literally, it promises more than InstantX can currently deliver. But you can read it as, send money without worrying too much (about getting permission, about who tracks your transactions etc. etc.), it should come across as user-friendly and approachable, while still referring (somewhat cryptically) to the privacy features

I would like to say that my earlier comments and behaviour were unacceptable. It was uncalled for and unprofessional of me... And I regret if I offended any of those here I may of insulted. That was and is unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologie.

I would like to say that my earlier comments and behaviour were unacceptable. It was uncalled for and unprofessional of me... And I regret if I offended any of those here I may of insulted. That was and is unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologie.

Don't think you offended anyone, just was crazy to say that a name isn't important lol. It's not like I'm not tired of all this shit in this thread. I'm just glad if the brainstorm is more towards finding alternatives than to how to further dash.

Ok alternatives... I have zero fancy graphics skills but just ponder 2 secs.

DORE

or Dore, dore, d'ore .... Digital Ore! - it also has more conceptual meaning as you have to mine it ! Sounds like "of gold" in French and, and "goldish" in many latin based languages too. Also can sound like english "door", as in gateway, means of passage, etc.

idk, I am trying to contribute as best,... but to be honest, Dash is really growing on me... Its not flashy at all, but doesnt even haven too! It all about being a serious currency. Not some cool thing that just popped out and if you're a geek you can mine it. Dash is just so naturally snappy like "cash" and so obviously digital cash (and all that is entails!)

Dash fits the bill so perfect, unless I see something obviously better, I expect I'll be a little heart-broken if we can't use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Props to you. I have a lot of respect for people who admit their mistakes and aim for reconciliation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10717407#msg10717407

You think with all the bullshit and the childish closing of darkcoin pulls and saying darkcoin is dead that vertoe didn't dump. Solid.

I did a little bit of research. If you look at Vertoe's BTC Addy, it suddenly gained a lot of Bitcoin (something around 42BTC or more if I remember correctly) on March 10, 2015. It is not conclusive proof, but at this point it is more likely than not that he dumped somewhere between 40k-50k of DRK.

Edit: If you Google search his DRK addy, then go to any cached Bitcoin Talk post of his, the addy is 3AivaBuMKnqJjLfzE2ueB77Gnz4hPCmBhohPCmBho in his signature. He has now changed his BTC Addy to 3Fr2ExH2Z6dTnTv8MZMkAbwPY92o4hhXHh . His old address received around 52 BTC on 3/10/15

Edit 2: Just did the math. Maybe not 40k-50k. I've just seen those numbers in the forum ad have no reason otherwise to believe he had that much.

Goldman Sachs Report Says Bitcoin Could Shape 'Future of Finance'

http://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-report-says-bitcoin-could-shape-future-of-finance/

Anyone who heard my song a few posts back, these are the last 14 days until the "end of the world" !! :tongue:

Goldman report: "Given the low transaction fees associated with ... virtual currencies, there is potential for significant dislocation in the profit pools associated with money transfer."

Duh!??

some interesting numbers tho like global B2B payments: $17bn B2C: $84bn :)

Some friends of mine have mentioned just:

D or Dcash

So that possibility would be to not change the Darkcoin, just drop the word Dark(which is the core problem expressed by Evan and the Darkcoin foundation. At the same time we could drop the word coin to differentiate ourselves from the coin word... Keep the D and frame a square around it( I think a circle could be nice too but I believe someone is using that already)

Another possibility which seems quite obvious because it covers the instant X angle even better than Dash is the word Direct.

Pay D, pay Direct, Direct pay
Direct it
D it
Just direct it to me Monday
Direct send it to me

Much better than Dash in my opinion because it is more clear and nothing comes up on google as far as trademarks or conflicts so far.

Also it clearly fits our definition objective for speedy transactions:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/direct

without delay or evasion;straightforward:

without intervening persons or agencies;immediate:

etc. it keeps getting better and better check out the definition link posted above for more great positives.

"I'll give you some D"

"I love being on the receiving end of getting D"

"She loves the D"

"I could never have enough D"

DASH has already been decided.

I think Direct Pay or something along those lines could be better and should at least be open for discussion as well as other options.

Direct Pay... wow happy I decided to log on today, I just thought of that 5 minutes ago :)

A friend, who is a branding expert, did this quick draft, I got him into Darkcoin and are pooling together on a node, and he jumped off his chair in joy when he heard about the name change.

mFXlI3g.jpg

Oh I didn't see it had already been decided, I just read the new press release...

I really like the arrow on the D.

A friend, who is a branding expert, did this quick draft, I got him into Darkcoin and are pooling together on a node, and he jumped off his chair in joy when he heard about the name change.

mFXlI3g.jpg

Much better - easy to read -> less space for mistake & misunderstanding.

May be different arrow type (simpler) may be even better.

Much better - easy to read -> less space for mistake & misunderstanding.

May be different arrow type (simpler) may be even better.

I doubt we'll much more work on this, he's a very busy guy. I also dont want to be nagging him for changes. This he did in just a few minutes as a "conceptual mocl-up", I can only imagine what would come out of a few hours work.

I doubt we'll much more work on this, he's a very busy guy. I also dont want to be nagging him for changes. This he did in just a few minutes as a "conceptual mocl-up", I can only imagine what would come out of a few hours work.

I don't know what is decided about logo style:
1. Should we inherit Darkcoin style now for the transition period (half a year?) - to show that we are darkcoin, not a new coin?
2. Or should we make a new perfect logo - to not have problems with lots of out-of-date logos.

If second option - it's better to organize a competition for professional designers - to get all best ideas. This name is perfect for creativity...

I'm totally excited by the change in name but think that Dash has potential for confusion with the existing Dashcoin which may confuddle newbies. Someone in the Bitcointalk forum somewhere mentioned a trademark issue too, so I checked uspto.gov and there is one particular entry there that could be concerning, as well as a Dash payment system for parking in the UK. More confusion potential as well as TM.

Am I too late to the conversation or is there still wiggle room for other possible names?

Back