• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Multiple remotes on a single VPS?

weequ

I'm using a VPS that allows multiple IPv4 addresses.
I can add new IP addresses by editing /etc/network/interfaces on my Ubuntu VPS.
Now I can connect to the VPS using all those IP adresses.
But when I check my IP address by connecting to a a third party service it always gives me the default IP address.

Is this setup enough to run multiple remotes on a single vps? Or should I somehow configure different users to use different IP addresses?

Bind the address in your config for each IP and have a unique RPC port for each daemon.

I'm using a VPS that allows multiple IPv4 addresses.
I can add new IP addresses by editing /etc/network/interfaces on my Ubuntu VPS.
Now I can connect to the VPS using all those IP adresses.
But when I check my IP address by connecting to a a third party service it always gives me the default IP address.

Is this setup enough to run multiple remotes on a single vps? Or should I somehow configure different users to use different IP addresses?

I was looking to do the same thing, did you get it working (if so, fancy sharing?)

Just been informed this is no longer possible as of v0.11.1.13 :(

Bummer. Looks like I need to purchase another vps.

Just been informed this is no longer possible as of v0.11.1.13 :(

Bummer. Looks like I need to purchase another vps.
Hi. Sorry for late reply. I haven't had time to try it out yet. I was going to try it today but now I'm wondering if I should since you said it is no longer possible.

Edit: Just managed to get two masternodes running on the same vps with the instructions of oblox.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something I'm exploring now. I have some masternodes I would like to stick on the same VPS. Would anyone be willing to share the relevant sections of their dash.conf file and maybe a sentence or two on any system configuration changes? Thanks in advance!

Back