• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding and Scalability

Someone contact the Kardashians, we can have the grand reveal at their boutique:
Kim+Kardashian+Kardashian+Girls+Open+DASH+A4FbCu1b5Ygl.jpg

A match made in heaven. :tongue:

Whatever name we're going to take this time, I hope we'll carefully choose it, because Darkcoin used to be "XCoin" if I'm not wrong, and the name was changed once to "Darkcoin"... Does anyone know why the name was changed back then? (I wasn't around, didn't know anything about DRK back then.)

InstX powered by DRK.
Fast. Private. Secure.

Dash powered by DRK.
Fast. Private. Secure.

Can we just wrap it up or do we need a complete rename? To me InstX has a VISA like feel.

InstX powered by DRK.
Fast. Private. Secure.

Dash powered by DRK.
Fast. Private. Secure.

Can we just wrap it up or do we need a complete rename?
What we've been discussing is for mass adoption we're facing some obstacles because of the word "dark" in "Darkcoin".

I TOTALLY disagree. DASH sound weird!! "do you accept DASH?"

I prefer SAFE - Secure, Anonymous, Fungible Exchange ... I propose that! Or a derivative thereof (i cant think of getting "Instant" in there ...for now!!!)

Like Apple Pay ... Like Paypal, Mastercard, VISA ... billions were invested just for a few lettered words!

Branding.

Its a science not a hobby!!!

We need a community discussion and proposals, as quorum vote, and Evan's final decision, and done.

Then we move on.

He who doesn't like it can pretty much "fork" the darkcoin off.

(nothing personal though masernode - just making a statement!!)

Yeah, there could be some protest dumps incomIng. .. you can't make an omelette without smashing a few eggs.

I think logos and color schemes will very much alter how people feel about the 'dash' name specifically. I would be very interested in seeing some ideas that do not keep the current D (though i liked it very much)

What we've been discussing is for mass adoption we're facing some obstacles because of the word "dark" in "Darkcoin".
Guess whatever the choice ends up being I'll add powered by DRK to my personal wallets. :smile:

I like my Digital Revolution Kreds.

Is Dash set in stone or are we still exploring alternatives?

Yeah, there could be some protest dumps incomIng. .. you can't make an omelette without smashing a few eggs.

Exactly my point. That is EXCELLENT and welcomed! In a serious manner.

Evan publicly stated we're ready to take on BTC.

This is serious gentlemen, lets try not to make it funny

Besides trademarks hold by other companies I am 100% AGAINST a re-branding...Darkcoin has become what it is with this name, and it's already a household name in the crypto scene.
If the name was bad we would never be where we are now, means more established than 99% of all altcoins ever.

Besides trademarks hold by other companies I am 100% AGAINST a re-branding...Darkcoin has become what it is with this name, and it's already a household name in the crypto scene.
If the name was bad we would never be where we are now, means more established than 99% of all altcoins ever.

While I like the current name we will never hit mainstream with it, and the longer we delay the more painful it's going to be. The crypto scene is small, I'd much rather we hit the payments system scene.(if that makes sense)

It took so much time to mature the identity of darkcoin, why throw it away? In some areas I get the answer to "Why not Darkcoin?" - "Probably it's too new."... After a year of existence. I oppose the rebranding. We can succeed technological with whatever name we got, but we cant mature a brand if we keep changing the name every 12 months. People will just think "yet another shitcoin" and not even noticing that there is so much work and history behind it. My 3 duffs.

Its true, ideally this time it is done in a way so it never has to be changed again. We also need a logo that we can brand and that is immediately recognizable so people can start developing a mental association with it. Something that is so awesome its awesome.

Here is a little mysticism for you darkcoiners: I recommend something with this general shape:

a core, with directional lines pointing outwards

(D) or < D > or

D E there is an opposite facing E behind the D, making two outward facing E's with the D in between or

opposite Ds back to back like a mirror Image meeting at the core pointing both forwards and backwards.

Then design comes into play and you have a mystic design :)

-I agree drop the coin, keep the syllables in the name to a minimum. Check the color charts for Logos and company signs, if you look around its always the same colors that are successful and all around us. Also the same sounds... So if you change the name at least I'm really happy we can the DRK financial abbreviation too because that was too long, bring it down to 1 letter please, maybe.... get ready for it... D :)

Awesome Job Evan keep it up!!! :)

That's the thing, and I have quite a bit of experience communicating with sources outside of crypto, and that's the market that we should be attempting to conquer.

The crypto market cap as a whole is peanuts on a global scale. Every single holder could abandon us, and we could recover within a year due to real money investments pouring in, that will not come now due to the negative connotations of the name. It hamstrings our efforts, needlessly.

The technology that we believe in is not changing. We should give it a chance to thrive, so our vision will succeed.

I do like the idea of calling it Digital Cash, with DASH being the ticker symbol.

Is it possible not to change name, but add NEW one? And keep using "Darkcoin" as "un-official nickname" in some cases?

I keep saying that,dont ditch the name but add a second name layer on top of the first like the masternode 2 tier system,it is fitting, that I feel is the way to go :cool:
When it comes to sales, you need to refer to the tried and true adage:

K.I.S.S Keep it simple, stupid!

A two tier branding would be too confusing to many people, unfortunately.

Back