• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MPOS DarkcoinTalk's Official Pool Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Darkcoin is still ASIC resistant? :grin:
Haha yeah so far.

mahowi Also note, the pool has just found another block. less then 4 minutes ago. The efficiency now is as follows:
eff.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

It's important to note that at no point were server resources under contention, all valid request were submitted in a timely manner. To combat this type of attack / misuse the Stratum server is now banning IP addresses more aggressively. Don't worry, the Stratum server's banning mechanic thresholds are still set above our normal users invalid shares.

And now that a block has just been found, a new round has started which has reset the efficiency measurement.

Thanks!

I signed up today and have been mining, but can't add a payment address, I've unlocked the Cash Out section via email but the payment address is greyed out as are all the options under Account Details. I tried to contact using the contact form on the site, but it doesn't work. My username is waveyuk - can someone please contact me to sort it out.

Hi waveyuk,

Can you please send me an e-mail at [email protected] from the e-mail address that you used when you registered at mining.darkcointalk.org? Please include your payment address and I'll manually edit your account.

Thanks in advance!

I think you guys should really either get rid of the auto payout fee or vastly lower it.. I know you guys need to raise some money some how but .01 fee is just absolutely ridiculous, especially considering how hard to mine it is now (that's at least an hour of work for me, and I have about 3.5mh/s..) I'd say keep the manual fee but get rid of the auto payout fee? This is the first pool I've ever even seen with an auto payout fee. It annoys me even more so because you guys already have a 1% fee. I'm sorry, I love the pool and especially the 25% bonus going on right now, but yeah, I think that's just too much.

I think you guys should really either get rid of the auto payout fee or vastly lower it.. I know you guys need to raise some money some how but .01 fee is just absolutely ridiculous, especially considering how hard to mine it is now (that's at least an hour of work for me, and I have about 3.5mh/s..) I'd say keep the manual fee but get rid of the auto payout fee? This is the first pool I've ever even seen with an auto payout fee. It annoys me even more so because you guys already have a 1% fee. I'm sorry, I love the pool and especially the 25% bonus going on right now, but yeah, I think that's just too much.
I agree it takes forever to mine .01! especially on top of 1%. I just started and only get 2600mhash, so its like its almost not worth it. MAYBE if it was safe to keep a lot of coin online it would be ok, but i wanna get my coin in my wallet as quick as possible..so .01 adds up! Especially with the value increasing as much as it has in the past few days.

I agree it takes forever to mine .01! especially on top of 1%. I just started and only get 2600mhash, so its like its almost not worth it. MAYBE if it was safe to keep a lot of coin online it would be ok, but i wanna get my coin in my wallet as quick as possible..so .01 adds up! Especially with the value increasing as much as it has in the past few days.

Right, that's thirteen cents and rising, out of $1.23.. That's 10.6%. Add in the 1% fee and that makes it 11.6%. If we weren't getting the 25% bonus, I'd definitely be out of here already.

It's at 60% right now. Why is this?
The efficiency is at 60% because currently the stratum allows a large variance between accepted and rejected shares.

At no point is the pool less efficient, it's just not as aggressive with banning some users off the pool.

This might change soon.

Right, that's thirteen cents and rising, out of $1.23.. That's 10.6%. Add in the 1% fee and that makes it 11.6%. If we weren't getting the 25% bonus, I'd definitely be out of here already.

It will be lowered to .001 tomorrow due to the sudden jump in price. Thanks for the feedback.

I need help mining in this pool with a PC behind router/proxy at my University.

Been trying to use minerd with the proxy option but it times out.

Could I connect to the pool using ssh tunneling?

Er, is the fee going to be lowered soon? I don't mean to hound you guys, but I've been waiting to withdraw after hearing the fee will be lowered.

I am trying to mine on your pool using two usb block erupters with bfgminer. I can connect fine, worker is set up, however all of my shares get rejected due to "too low difficulty". How can I fix this.

Hi Jay_UK,
My understanding, is that block erupters do not come in X11 flavours so if you're pointing Bitcoin miners at a Darkcoin pool, you'll just get rejections because you're processing shares using the wrong cryptographic algorithms.
Using these block erupters against the pool is actually earning you hour long automatic bans by our stratum server.

Ok, thanks. That makes sense for the errors. I thought bitcoin and darkcoin were essentially the same thing except for the obfuscation in the block chain.

We have decided that at this time we will not be lowering the withdrawal fee from .01. This is the universal fee for every single Darkcoin pool.

It costs valuable human hours and expensive resources to both operate and run this site and the mining pools. We would not be able to continue running the pool if the fee was outrageously low.

As it is now, the pool is operating at a humungous loss from the extra reward and as it stands, there are still 66 blocks left with the added bonus.

Since I've personally told you that I would lower the fee, I will honor a one time withdrawal fee at .001 for you only Kumatora. After this, the fee will return back to normal. Please email [email protected] for the details.

You are more then welcome to find a pool with a lower withdrawal fee then .01. From the research I have done, there are none.

Thank you,
Propulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back