• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Dark

Funny thing with testnet. Check this out: https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/541
In short, there is no testnet!

Everything will have to be modified for it specifically. I'll make a new repository called electrum-drk-server-tn. It'll be operational by the end of this week and will update this thread. (really need some more testers)

For the regular mainnet electrum-drk-server. There still seem to be some issues with it -- https://github.com/Propulsions/electrum-drk-server/issues -- yet for the most part it's getting there.

It'll be smart going forward to work with a testnet version for both the client and server. No reason for anyone to lose mainnet coins over this.

Please by all means if you are able to make pull requests or open new issues feel free!

Thanks!

**Don't want Vertoe to go home**
They don't seem so serious like people who are making multibit HD wallet. Those multibit-HD folks have been testing their work for months on end.

Can we switch to making multidrk-HD wallet once the multibit HD is released? :smile:

They don't seem so serious like people who are making multibit HD wallet. Those multibit-HD folks have been testing their work for months on end.

Can we switch to making multidrk-HD wallet once the multibit HD is released? :smile:

New thread! Make a request.

I've done an option to switch between testnet and mainnet. Should be in my old repo somewhere, I guess.
https://github.com/Propulsions/electrum-drk-server/tree/testnet

vertoe Working Testnet Version. No need to go home anymore. ;)

Database size for 10000 is only 15MB's.
*yawn* :D my testnet server is running for a while now.
flare told me, technically the server was ready last summer.
We got to crack the client though.

BTW I stumbled upon our friend ELM4ever already working on the encompass integration. They also relate on electrum servers. It might be worth to keep an eye on this development too. But it seems elm is a rather chaotic developer ;-)

https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/pull/7

It's funny. There are soooo many different forks of electrum currently for this and every single one of them has inconsistencies with each other.

For instance akhavr's is using 111 for the testnet type but I think that repository was authored before the switch of address types.

Quick question for anyone who knows the answer. What is the max target? https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Target

https://github.com/Propulsions/electrum-drk/blob/testnet/lib/blockchain.py#L251

Using testnet: genesis.nBits = 0x207fffff.

Really would appreciate that.

It's funny. There are soooo many different forks of electrum currently for this and every single one of them has inconsistencies with each other.

For instance akhavr's is using 111 for the testnet type but I think that repository was authored before the switch of address types.

Quick question for anyone who knows the answer. What is the max target? https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Target

https://github.com/Propulsions/electrum-drk/blob/testnet/lib/blockchain.py#L251

Using testnet: genesis.nBits = 0x207fffff.

Really would appreciate that.
https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/chainparams.cpp#L42
"Darkcoin starting difficulty is 1 / 2^12" <--- equal max target. what format do you need it in?

ENCOMPASS devs, the guys behind the new Multi-coins Electrum wallet client, have successfully tested the Darkcoin implementation add-on, and are about to release their update.

Encompass have taken the Electrum 2.0 code and made generic the parts of the Electrum code that is generic to all coins - then they added specific libraries where the unique details of each coins is listed - the result, less than an 1 hour of work to port a new coin to Electrum - a great approach to Electrum! Therefore, a coin that wants to be added to Electrum only needs a few changes in the code to be included into the Encompass wallet (but coin dev have to provide Electrum-Servers for their coin).

The Darkcoin Encompass client NEEDS additional Electrum-drk servers to function. So far, I have provided a Darkcoin main-net server for the last two weeks, based on this github repo - which works really well. However, we need more than one Electrum server, for security reasons.

Please provide me with your URL, so that I can include it in the /lib/chains/darkcoin.py spec file of Darkcoin Encompass, on the next commit (this week).

If you want to provide a pull request by yourself, be my guest, by inserting your Electrum-DRK server URL into the darkcoin.py file available at /github.com/ELM4Ever/encompass, and submit it to /github.com/mazaclub/encompass main repo.

Trying to have a personalized Electrum Client for Darkcoin, will not work, in my opinion, let's join the Encompass revolution! I personally tried to adapt the Electrum client to Darkcoin, and there are too many files to update. Encompass found the right way to do it!

Notes:

1. Currently, Multisig and Trezor support are "disabled" on Encompass - more tests are required by devs.

2. Darkcoin PoW is not checked at the client side of Encompass - the Darkcoin "ever changing" specific PoW algorithms have not been ported to Phyton yet. However, all Electrum-DRK servers, connected to a darkcoind daemon is checking PoW. Suspenders over a belt are always better, but until Darkcoin devs provide a Python implementation of the DRK PoW, it will have to do for now.

3. With Encompass, one seed creates addresses for ALL supported multi-coins. Therefore, if you loose your seed, you loose all the coins associated with that seed. Just be aware. However, the convenience to switch from one coin to the other, within the same wallet makes so much sense. I would not keep $100k in this kind of wallet, but would well likely do something less - ... until Trezor support is activated!

THIS IS A CALL FOR NEW (and dedicated) main-net Electrum-DRK SERVERS. The Encompass (Darkcoin) client will be available after the commit this week.

PS: Without the "darkcoin_hash" python library from vertoe, this would have never been possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the bandwidth requirements on a monthly bases for running an electrum server?
For Darkcoin - at the moment almost nil. You need to run a darkcoind (daemon), to keep track of all darkcoin transactions, and then an Electrum-DRK server, which listens to Electrum clients (1 so far).

The current blockchain headers file for DRK is 18 MB - that is the file that has to be downloaded from any Electrum-DRK-Servers to a new Electrum-DRK client when they join in.

If you want to be an Electrum-DRK-Server, the UTXOs use up about 300 MB of local disk space. Very small compared to Bitcoin...

Last edited by a moderator:
ENCOMPASS devs, the guys behind the new Multi-coins Electrum wallet client, have successfully tested the Darkcoin implementation add-on, and are about to release their update.

Encompass have taken the Electrum 2.0 code and made generic the parts of the Electrum code that is generic to all coins - then they added specific libraries where the unique details of each coins is listed - the result, less than an 1 hour of work to port a new coin to Electrum - a great approach to Electrum! Therefore, a coin that wants to be added to Electrum only needs a few changes in the code to be included into the Encompass wallet (but coin dev have to provide Electrum-Servers for their coin).

The Darkcoin Encompass client NEEDS additional Electrum-drk servers to function. So far, I have provided a Darkcoin main-net server for the last two weeks, based on this github repo - which works really well. However, we need more than one Electrum server, for security reasons.

Please provide me with your URL, so that I can include it in the /lib/chains/darkcoin.py spec file of Darkcoin Encompass, on the next commit (this week).

If you want to provide a pull request by yourself, be my guest, by inserting your Electrum-DRK server URL into the darkcoin.py file available at /github.com/ELM4Ever/encompass, and submit it to /github.com/mazaclub/encompass main repo.

Trying to have a personalized Electrum Client for Darkcoin, will not work, in my opinion, let's join the Encompass revolution! I personally tried to adapt the Electrum client to Darkcoin, and there are too many files to update. Encompass found the right way to do it!

Notes:

1. Currently, Multisig and Trezor support are "disabled" on Encompass - more tests are required by devs.

2. Darkcoin PoW is not checked at the client side of Encompass - the Darkcoin "ever changing" specific PoW algorithms have not been ported to Phyton yet. However, all Electrum-DRK servers, connected to a darkcoind daemon is checking PoW. Suspenders over a belt are always better, but until Darkcoin devs provide a Python implementation of the DRK PoW, it will have to do for now.

3. With Encompass, one seed creates addresses for ALL supported multi-coins. Therefore, if you loose your seed, you loose all the coins associated with that seed. Just be aware. However, the convenience to switch from one coin to the other, within the same wallet makes so much sense. I would not keep $100k in this kind of wallet, but would well likely do something less - ... until Trezor support is activated!

THIS IS A CALL FOR NEW (and dedicated) main-net Electrum-DRK SERVERS. The Encompass (Darkcoin) client will be available after the commit this week.

PS: Without the "darkcoin_hash" python library from vertoe, this would have never been possible.
my server : 103.13.228.168

my server : 103.13.228.168
Please provide a FQDN for this IP address, or do a pull request to Encompass to add your server to lib/chains/darkcoin.py

Please also ensure that you insert your FQDN in your server config file:

report_host = xxx.xxxx.com <--- insert your FQDN here - in order to be reached from outside.

Back