• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1 - InstantX Release

OK, reindex is ok if restart wont work, and if reindex wont work, shut down client and delete peers.dat , restart
and redownload whole blockchain.
Deleting peers.dat is not forcing your client to redownload whole blockchain but to find new peers from scratch instead ;)
To force redownloading you need to delete blocks folder.

Btw, updated https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap just in case - should take to block 219646 now.

Deleting peers.dat is not forcing your client to redownload whole blockchain but to find new peers from scratch instead ;)
Yeah, i forget say that delete folder thingy.

Any idea how this is possible? You have a masternode with 0.000 coins in it :confused: Probably if waited long enough it would have got payment too? :grin:

4bt436g.png

Any idea how this is possible? You have a masternode with 0.000 coins in it :confused: Probably if waited long enough it would have got payment too? :grin:

4bt436g.png
Give it time to populate on the site. Check again in an hour or two. It also might be the case that they sent their coins to an exchange or elsewhere and the masternode is still in the process of dropping off the list.

I hope not too many people have the same issue of getting stuck behind. Kin

All went well with the -reindex . But I then shutdown my wallet and restarted with my darkcoin.conf file and got a msg from the wallet saying there was a corrupt database detected and it asked me if I wanted to reindex again ? Fml , so I went ahead and ok ed it. So here we go again. Lol shiiit
good thing it goes pretty fast.. :)
and hopefully nobody else ends up having these same problems when restarting their MN/s. *edit* I'm sure I'm the only one
If you didn't initially delete your peers.dat file before reindexing, there is a chance you will get that error. Always delete the peers.dat file before reindexing to get fresh peers.

Bummer this incident just happens while DRK was getting some good news lately ... I hope we will move from this issue soon enough.

Bummer this incident just happens while DRK was getting some good news lately ... I hope we will move from this issue soon enough.

Someone found an issue and the devs are working hard to fix it and it seems as though* they are hammering the nail down with this one, we will see. I guess we all have our own opinions about how big of a deal this is.

Someone found an issue and the devs are working hard to fix it and it seems as though* they are hammering the nail down with this one, we will see. I guess we all have our own opinions about how big of a deal this is.

I don't think is a big deal just yet. The world is watching DRK right now, if Evan and team win against the bad pools, then this will end up being great for DRK's reputation and the public confidence. That is why I think the dev team should be extra careful. If we have to wait a day or two for enforcement it won't be a big deal, it is much more important that the next time enforcement is turned on it works.

I don't think is a big deal just yet. The world is watching DRK right now, if Evan and team win against the bad pools, then this will end up being great for DRK's reputation and the public confidence. That is why I think the dev team should be extra careful. If we have to wait a day or two for enforcement it won't be a big deal, it is much more important that the next time enforcement is turned on it works.

Yes totally agree on this here. Please, devs, be 100% sure you have nailed and cornered this issue before enforcing. A limited and temporary steal is less problem to DRK reputation than a fork failure.

Btw, updated https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap just in case - should take to block 219646 now.
Do we need to delete the "chainstate" folder and debug.log also?

Might as well just delete everything and change wallet.dat to wallet.dat.something if there's money in there?

This is good news. Investors with brains know that there are always goofs. Seeing the response is what solidifies the investment decision. Most cryptotards don't get that, but people who actually produce goods or services of any meaning in the real world know that this is just about all that matters.

I'm not a coward I've just never been tested, I'd like to think that if I was I would pass...

Evan, and a few othrrs, can now put that in the past-tense. And they keep on doing it... That's the only reason I'm here (even though there are plenty who wish I weren't).

There was way too much cool new stuff in this release to expect it to go smoothly. Anyone who had such expectations is a fucking idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Might as well just delete everything and change wallet.dat to wallet.dat.something ?
Hang on to that debug.log... You never know when it might prove useful. I've deleted it plenty of times when I should not have.

Might as well just delete everything and change wallet.dat to wallet.dat.something if there's money in there?
Yep, you can delete these too but there is no real need for this afaik. Once wallet starts and can't find blocks and chainstate it will start downloading blockchain, verifying blocks and overwriting chainstate and index with new info. debug.log is pruned automatically if you do not use -debug option.

EDIT: I was wrong, thanks moli for poining this out. So the right answer is: you can remove few blk000?.dat files to force resync and redownload of the rest but you can't delete just whole blocks folder without deleting chainstate too.

Code:
masternode start-many
bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target (code -1)

Code:
masternode start-many
bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target (code -1)
nice :smile: what language?

EDIT: also qt or daemon?
qt, .25, provided binary

Same old masternode.conf and darkcoin.conf files I've been using since masternode.conf was invented... No changes.

darkcoind on "remotes" keeps crashing on --reindex, basically unusable. Won't stay in RAM for more than a few seconds.

Language?

Yep, you can delete these too but there is no real need for this afaik. Once wallet starts and can't find blocks it will start downloading blockchain, verifying blocks and overwriting chainstate and index with new info. debug.log is pruned automatically if you do not use -debug option.
I only deleted "peers.dat" and "blocks", but the windows version crashed with "MinGW runtime exception" or something, I didn't take a screenshot of it.
Now I've started over with a fresh wallet and using the bootstrap... "1 year and 3 weeks behind".

Code:
masternode start-many

qt, .25, provided binary

Same old masternode.conf and darkcoin.conf files I've been using since masternode.conf was invented... No changes.

darkcoind on "remotes" keeps crashing on --reindex, basically unusable. Won't stay in RAM for more than a few seconds.

Language?
Ahh.. I first though it's translation related (constructing strings before it to be precise) but looks like it's not - there are no such places in code as far as I see now, sorry for confusion. :oops:
So are you trying to use start-many while few nodes are down, right? and debug.log pls :smile: [email protected]

I only deleted "peers.dat" and "blocks", but the windows version crashed with "MinGW runtime exception" or something, I didn't take a screenshot of it.
Now I've started over with a fresh wallet and using the bootstrap... "1 year and 3 weeks behind".
hmmm.... I removed just some files from blocks folder few times this week (spoiler: I was testing UI sync performance with heavy wallets ;) ) - will try on mac again, have no windows machine here.... maybe will try later on virtual machine though..

EDIT: yep, I was wrong. You can remove few blk000?.dat files to force resync and redownload of the rest but you can't delete just whole blocks folder without deleting chainstate too. Will fix my prev comment too.

Back