• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Guide for MN on TestNet needed ...>>

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
hey
I have the feeling there are more masternodes needed on TestNet, if somebody provides a guide (Masternode for TestNet , setup + facts) I am happy to post it around (DRK Social Media) to get more newcomers and others interested ! tx

PS: the best would be to have a full TestNet Guide !
- Masternode
- Wallet

Tx

Quick & dirty guide for a hot local Testnet Masternode

Step one. Download the latest testnet wallet.

Step two. Start the wallet with the testnet flag. "./darkcoin-qt --testnet &" or "./darkcoind --testnet --daemon --rpcuser=asdf --rpcpassword=asdf &"

Step two.&ahalf. Send a single 1000 input to the wallet.

Step three. in the debug window type in "masternode genkey" copy it for step four.

Step four. Create a new darkcoin.conf file. In it put this:

darkcoin.conf said:
rpcuser=User
rpcpassword=word
daemon=1
testnet=1
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=key

Step five. Restart the wallet. Now it'll automatically be on testnet and preconfigured for being a MN. You no longer need any flags it's all in the config.

Step six. Debug window type in "masternode start" Congratulations! You now have a local hot testnet MN.

Are there issues with setting up Hot/Cold daemons? On mainnet, hot/cold works fine, but once I turn off my local on test, my remote dies off. Are only Hot test mn's working okay?

Are there issues with setting up Hot/Cold daemons? On mainnet, hot/cold works fine, but once I turn off my local on test, my remote dies off. Are only Hot test mn's working okay?

Haven't tried Mime. It should be the same procedure as mainnet though.

Open Port 19999
Remote : masternode debug
Local: masternode start

Haven't tried Mime. It should be the same procedure as mainnet though.

Open Port 19999
Remote : masternode debug
Local: masternode start
Ya, I figured. Grep'ing Hot.Cold in debug log doesn't pop up though. Weird.. Alright, thanks.

Quick & dirty guide for a hot local Testnet Masternode

Step two. Start the wallet with the testnet flag. "./darkcoin-qt --testnet &" or "./darkcoind --testnet --daemon --rpcuser=asdf --rpcpassword=asdf &"

Step two.&ahalf. Send a single 1000 input to the wallet.

Step three. in the debug window type in "masternode genkey" copy it for step four.

Step five. Restart the wallet. Now it'll automatically be on testnet and preconfigured for being a MN. You no longer need any flags it's all in the config.

Step six. Debug window type in "masternode start" Congratulations! You now have a local hot testnet MN.

tx props
very cool
posted already ...>>

Regular hot/cold works fine here.

How about Mining !?
does TestNet has anything to do with mining ?!
Meaning miners should point their pools or something in direction testNet ?!

just a thought, let me know please ....>

Yes. Mining is still needed on testnet just like on mainnet

Maybe somebody can write a guide ?!
Would be great to have that on paper !
I promote it ! Promised ! ...>

Sorry i am always asking for these things, i would write it myself if I could, but I have no idea about this.
:wink:

Maybe somebody can write a guide ?!
Would be great to have that on paper !
I promote it ! Promised ! ...>

Sorry i am always asking for these things, i would write it myself if I could, but I have no idea about this.
:wink:
There is no need for big hash power on testnet but it has to be enough to be stable because variance with small hashpower is a bitch

There is no need for big hash power on testnet but it has to be enough to be stable.

well you tell me if it is needed or not ?!
I think it is always great to have, as newcomers are always looking for guides.

It would be great to do a paper on "DRK Mining for Newcomers" !
(incl TestNet and normal / to encourage Newcomers and non Tech People)

I did the same for Masternodes
and people are very happy with it !
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ma...tups-tools-for-drk-newcomers.3055/#post-30639

if i get/find these guides i post them on FB / Twitter/ G+/ Blogs and such
Anybody feels up for it to do a general DRK Mining guide (with all links and suggestions and such)?!
pbleak already did a great could mining post !

You have left out getaccountaddress 0 ?
I used this order for success on a hot/cold on single machine,

Step two. Start the wallet with the testnet flag. "./darkcoin-qt --testnet &"

step three and a third. getaccountaddress 0

Step three and 2 thirds. Send a single 1000 input to accountaddress 0

darkcoin.conf said:
rpcuser=User
rpcpassword=word
daemon=1
testnet=1
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=key

Step six. Debug window type in "masternode start word" Congratulations! You now have a local hot testnet MN.

Just to clarify, on mainnet do we still have to use address 0, or is it the same now?
The need of using "address 0" is deprecated since months - you can use any address and address label for running a masternode - "masternode start" simply uses the first 1000 DRK it finds in your wallet. This applies to the current mainnet version as well.

I know that many guides refer to address 0, but this is legacy:)

The need of using "address 0" is deprecated since months - you can use any address and address label for running a masternode - "masternode start" simply uses the first 1000 DRK it finds in your wallet. This applies to the current mainnet version as well.

I know that many guides refer to address 0, but this is legacy:)

You don't even need a separate address for the MN, any address that happens to have a 1000DRK vin will do.
Thanks for explaining, perhaps some of the guides should be edited :cool:

Thanks for the help, Propulsion. How do I know if the masternode is working? Do you get masternode payments on testnet?

Back