• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

I seem to be having the same problem as oblox, but this is not my concern at the moment. In my quest to understand I discovered that there is NO darkcoin.conf in my /home/myhome/.darkcoin file! There is however a /home/myhome/.config/DarkCoin/DarkCoin-Qt.conf Is this normal? If not where should darkcoin.conf be, and can someone point me toward a template?
This is normal, the conf file contains the settings of your QT-GUI (language, proxy, darksend settings)

In default mode there is no darkcoin.conf necessary.

If you want to run a masternode and use this wallet as cold wallet, you need at least this three lines

Code:
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=xxx.yyy.zzz.xxx:9999
masternodeprivkey=7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The location of this file is

/home/myhome/.darkcoin/darkcoin.conf

This is normal, the conf file contains the settings of your QT-GUI (language, proxy, darksend settings)

In default mode there is no darkcoin.conf necessary.

If you want to run a masternode and use this wallet as cold wallet, you need at least this three lines

Code:
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=xxx.yyy.zzz.xxx:9999
masternodeprivkey=7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The location of this file is

/home/myhome/.darkcoin/darkcoin.conf
Thank you Flare! Next quick question: What do I need to put in darkcoin.conf to play miner with my wallet, and need I do anything else? I'm not expecting great returns, just want to see how it works. :)

Thank you Flare! Next quick question: What do I need to put in darkcoin.conf to play miner with my wallet, and need I do anything else? I'm not expecting great returns, just want to see how it works. :)
Depends on what kind of mining^^

cpu mining works out of the box, just enter

Code:
setgenerate true

in the debug console.

If you want to try GPU mining you need to activate the rpc interface in your wallet which means.

Code:
rpcuser=darkcoinrpc
rpcpassword=superSecrectAndLongPassword
server=1

are needed in darkcoin.conf (and a GPU miner pointing at your wallet of course..)

Hope that helps,
Holger

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what kind of mining^^

cpu mining works out of the box, just enter

Code:
setgenerate true

in the debug console.

If you want to try GPU mining you need to activate the rpc interface in your wallet which means.

Code:
rpcuser=darkcoinrpc
rpcpassword=superSecrectAndLongPassword
server=1

are needed in darkcoin.conf (and a GPU miner pointing at your wallet of course..)

Hope that helps,
Holger
Done--thanks. Out of curiosity, in the unlikely event of finding a block, how is it credited? I understand the master nodes are paid automatically; is the balance added to a new or existing address in the wallet?

Done--thanks. Out of curiosity, in the unlikely event of finding a block, how is it credited? I understand the master nodes are paid automatically; is the balance added to a new or existing address in the wallet?
Using the wallet (solo mining) your mined coins will be added to a new address in the wallet.

Tip: try testnet! Difficulty is low and chances to find testnet coins very high ;-)

Using the wallet (solo mining) your mined coins will be added to a new address in the wallet.

Tip: try testnet! Difficulty is low and chances to find testnet coins very high ;-)
Again thanks. I have wanted to try running a master node on testnet as well. Do I need a separate wallet? Do I simply type "testnet true" or do I need to create the drk.config file and put it in there?

Little by little I'm trying to figure all this out. Even signed up for a Python course on Coursera. Out of curiosity, what would you recommend as the path of least resistance for someone considered fairly intelligent, but short on funds, for learning the ins and outs of the Darkcoin code?

Again thanks. I have wanted to try running a master node on testnet as well. Do I need a separate wallet? Do I simply type "testnet true" or do I need to create the drk.config file and put it in there?

Little by little I'm trying to figure all this out. Even signed up for a Python course on Coursera. Out of curiosity, what would you recommend as the path of least resistance for someone considered fairly intelligent, but short on funds, for learning the ins and outs of the Darkcoin code?
You need a separate wallet with a darkcoin.conf with the "testnet=1" setting in it. Further, you need to run it on port 19999 instead of 9999.

As for the ins and outs of the code, since it's C++, your best bet is to following some of the online tutorials on basic functionality and dive in to the code since it's open source. Go line by line and see if you can understand the logic behind it.

Hey All,

I have 2 stupid questions if someone could enlighten me!
  1. How does the new DS mix work so that the fees are zero? Who pays the TX fees?
  2. I left my liquidity provider on all weekend and had 39 "Darksend Denominates". Why do my inputs show only "9 rounds"?
I did 8 rounds DSD on the inputs (Friday) and then started up "liquidity mode" for the weekend. I expected to see 47 rounds this morning, but it only shows 9.
Thanks in advance!
[EDIT: I am not asking for a detailed explanation of the code... just the big picture of "how it works"]

You need a separate wallet with a darkcoin.conf with the "testnet=1" setting in it. Further, you need to run it on port 19999 instead of 9999.

As for the ins and outs of the code, since it's C++, your best bet is to following some of the online tutorials on basic functionality and dive in to the code since it's open source. Go line by line and see if you can understand the logic behind it.
Thank you oblox. Have you got a sample link for the tutorials you mention? Should I forgo spending time on Python, and dive straight into C++?

Thank you oblox. Have you got a sample link for the tutorials you mention? Should I forgo spending time on Python, and dive straight into C++?

Just google C++ tutorials and you'll find oodles of free information. There is nothing wrong with Python, but if you're primary desire to understanding how darkcoin is made then I would go straight C++ being that it's what it's coded in.

Just google C++ tutorials and you'll find oodles of free information. There is nothing wrong with Python, but if you're primary desire to understanding how darkcoin is made then I would go straight C++ being that it's what it's coded in.
OK thanks, that gives me some more to think about. Got to run.

Guys... wtf!? Someone just posted on bitcoitalk, and I checked and something fishy might be up. This MN address seems to be payed multiple times a day. Either that, or someone is cashing out multiple nodes with each payment. I'm not good enough to backtrack tx

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XcMnyvL2rsGzSjsa97gHyCV8RfSPxpGynT

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9651915#msg9651915
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9651930#msg9651930
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9651948#msg9651948

Back