• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

This feels like a grave for masternode owners. He mined in 12 days 1800 Darkcoins. Now he is getting paid every 5 minutes. The network doesnt look healthy in case of distribution since a while. If this trend goes on after the next fork im also out. I appreciate the hard work of everyone, but there must be at least a minumum consistency... other coins like nxt implement also risky stuff. Im here since the beginning of Mn payments... and it was a bumpy ride so far.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?XhBLSR1HhoaWrdGgrjCHxJkCWWiFFhveHs.htm
He has 6% of the network, not a small miner by any means.

I compiled the v16 branch with the min version change and it instantly shaved about 60 off my masternode count when ran locally and reported all my MN's accurately. Just scp-ing it to my MNs now but alas I have crap upload speed. Will push it to the others from the first one, much faster. Will report back presently.

Last edited by a moderator:
After deleting peers.dat on local/remote and restart after 6h no disconections...so far...fingers crossed :)

Was checking out my masternode status this am and was thrown off by this...

evan82@mn03:~$ darkcoind masternode list | wc -l
evan82@mn03:~$ darkcoind masternode list | sort | uniq -c
128 "209.239.112.59:9999" : 0,
1022 "209.239.112.59:9999" : 1,

The list being this big was seen across multiple mn's. Anyone else seeing this? Also this address isn't being listed by the 10.14.1 client. This seems to be a 10.15.13 client.

Was checking out my masternode status this am and was thrown off by this...

evan82@mn03:~$ darkcoind masternode list | wc -l
evan82@mn03:~$ darkcoind masternode list | sort | uniq -c
128 "209.239.112.59:9999" : 0,
1022 "209.239.112.59:9999" : 1,

The list being this big was seen across multiple mn's. Anyone else seeing this? Also this address isn't being listed by the 10.14.1 client. This seems to be a 10.13.15 client.
Year I'm getting masternode count: 1943 on both v15 and v16+minversionfix.

You gotta love the Darkcoin price movements :D We had a shit load of new improvements, bug fixs but price steadily declined. Just today we had someone "inserting bunch of crap" into the masternode list and price goes up :what:

The price goes up because of adoption which drk has and will have on drkmarkets. Check Propulsion post on bct.

Evan thnx for quick fixes ;)

Evan can you update OP of bct? Wrong wallet version.

Someone figured out a way to insert a bunch of crap into the list by modifying the vin slightly. Thankfully, they won't get paid for more than 1 masternode and there's no real damage. I've patched the fix and am compiling it right now.
Could this also relate to the inactive masternodes/why some blocks are going unpaid? Also will this build have the new version condition to prevent old peers from connecting (Flare mentioned it).

v0.10.15.14 - Onyx Update

15.14 Adds a fix for a DOS style attack against the masternode list that was attempted earlier today. This attack didn’t result in any harm to the network or extra payments for the attacker, but I've patched it to stop the list from bloating up. This is not mandatory, but please update if you can.

https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/
eduffield You updated the official Twitter account with the quickness this time! Great job on the update, and the broadcasting!

This is a tiny contribution but still I should mention. On Mac version:

1jSCUAb.png

Back