• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Free SMUT! (Simple Masternode Update Tool)

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Behold, SMUT - Simple Masternode Update Tool!

It's *very* simple!

image.png

Get it here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=71603269094175566716 !

Latest version: SMUTv45 http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=61591165846494453877

Start from a terminal with 'python smut25.py'

For those of you who hate the CLI but have no problem typing stuff into a GUI! Probably wont work on Windows, I have no idea! You may need to pip install urllib2 and pxssh!
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-pip
sudo pip install urllib2
sudo pip install pxssh
sudo pip install anything else it complains is missing!

It works for me! Feel free to try it!

Usage:
Create a textfile called masternodes.txt and put in it your MN wallet address and corresponding IP, separated by a space. Have as many MNs in there as you like.
Code:
Xjhgvbvge7y6g78vgdhbihtybg89yb 12.34.56.789
Xmn;klvj90867anLiobhiapd7yp9q3 23.456.78.910
etc. (Yes, I know those aren't valid IP addresses!)

Then start darkcoind either yourself or you can start it from within the About tab! You may need to give darkcoind a minute to sync up and sort itself out. If you are running your QT wallet already, you'll be syced but you'll have to shut down the QT wallet before you start darkcoind!

Click Felch! Wonder at the result!

For updating, enter your username, serverIP and password. The app should get the download link for you from www.darkcoin.io (that's what the two second startup delay is!) but if not, or if darkcoin.io hasn't been updated to the latest version yet, enter it yourself! When you have entered all the details, click Update, and start drinking!

If you are experiencing bugs, try a mosquito net!

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know anyone if you've got it working?

I'm going to upgrade it a bit when I get time so it does a full MN install if you don't already have one running, since it already does most of it. Really just need to add some stuff to test your firewall and set one up if needed, let you know when it's fully synced up so you can run the remote start etc. Eventually I'll maybe see about getting it to autogenerate your whole .conf file too.

Let me know anyone if you've got it working?

I'm going to upgrade it a bit when I get time so it does a full MN install if you don't already have one running, since it already does most of it. Really just need to add some stuff to test your firewall and set one up if needed, let you know when it's fully synced up so you can run the remote start etc. Eventually I'll maybe see about getting it to autogenerate your whole .conf file too.
YES YES YES!! <3 Where are the redheads?....

This is awesome. For logging into MN's, does it use ssh?

Awesome job tlc. Can't wait to try it out on 10.16. Tip address?

Please try it sooner if you can, even just to test the get MN balances/health bit, nobody has confirmed it works for them yet, I've probably forgotten to mention some dependency or other... :confused:

Please try it sooner if you can, even just to test the get MN balances/health bit, nobody has confirmed it works for them yet, I've probably forgotten to mention some dependency or other... :confused:

ya, it shows the amount in masternodes correctly but reports them all as not in list. Are you pulling from ./darkcoind get masternode list?

*Edit: Just restarted and they are showing up in SMUT! Nice =D

ya, it shows the amount in masternodes correctly and reporting the ones online! This is sweet =)

You're right, it is a bit of a pain in Windows. Mainly due to "inconsistent tabs and spaces" because of charset differences.

Nice looking tool though! I won't be using it for masternode updates but will butcher the code to keep an eye on my masternodes...

Thanks for your work on this.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :smile:

stonehedge: Yeah, sorry I've been Windows free for over 15 years, in fact I think between me and the local OSX loony we've more or less eradicated Microsoft from the whole neighbourhood. I'll fiddle with making it properly platform agnostic when I've got it doing everything else I want! :grin:

SMUTv28: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=28547846413533586096

Finally added some exception handling, which should leave you with a running darkcoind on your server even if there wasn't one, or wasn't even a .darkcoin directory there before. Haven't actually tested this yet, will do when I'm setting up a new MN tomorrow, but the update bit works well, just updated all my MNs to 15.14 with it. :smile:

To do: add firewall check/setup and automatic darkcoin.conf generation. Plus whatever else needs doing. Then make it work properly on Windows.

1-click masternode installs getting closer!

Great work on this. I have just found it and am going to run it through it's paces on some of my testnet gear. Will report back!

Edit: Had a quick peak through the source code. Doesn't appear to be any Masternode coin stealing hidden features. Must have been those red head's you took you earlier!

What flavor was this built on? I'm testing it on 14.04 and am having trouble finding both the pip install's suggested.

tester@ubuntu:~/Desktop/smut28$ sudo pip install urllib2
Downloading/unpacking urllib2
Real name of requirement urllib2 is urllib3
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement urllib2
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for urllib2
Storing debug log for failure in /home/tester/.pip/pip.log
tester@ubuntu:~/Desktop/smut28$ sudo pip install pxssh
Downloading/unpacking pxssh
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement pxssh
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for pxssh

What flavor was this built on? I'm testing it on 14.04 and am having trouble finding both the pip install's suggested.

tester@ubuntu:~/Desktop/smut28$ sudo pip install urllib2
Downloading/unpacking urllib2
Real name of requirement urllib2 is urllib3
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement urllib2
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for urllib2
tester@ubuntu:~/Desktop/smut28$ sudo pip install pxssh
Downloading/unpacking pxssh
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement pxssh
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for pxssh
Hmm, need to try it on a clean box and see... will have a go tonight.

Hmm, need to try it on a clean box and see... will have a go tonight.

This is 14.04 LTS Desktop. Seems like perhaps you were building for 12.04 or back? Most of the stuff on 14.04 seems to mention either python-pip or python3-pip. Let me know if you need any other test boxen. Would love to get this rolling for all the testnet masternodes!

This is 14.04 LTS Desktop. Seems like perhaps you were building for 12.04 or back? Most of the stuff on 14.04 seems to mention either python-pip or python3-pip. Let me know if you need any other test boxen. Would love to get this rolling for all the testnet masternodes!
Fired up Ubuntu 14.04 under virtualbox, installed darkcoind with a barebones .conf file and let it sync up, downloaded SMUT from the link above, unzipped, and ran...

Felch function worked OK so whatever urllib was present served.

Update function connected to server fine so pxssh must have been there already, I used it to run a few simple commands like ls, uptime, top etc. but any daemon call gave me:
Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted
...which I guess is some locale problem with the virtualbox VDI, haven't had time to resolve it yet.

But, I didn't have to install python-pip or then pip install anything beyond what came with the default 14.04 image.

python -V on the VM gave me 2.7.6, same as my home box.

Fired up Ubuntu 14.04 under virtualbox, installed darkcoind with a barebones .conf file and let it sync up, downloaded SMUT from the link above, unzipped, and ran...

Felch function worked OK so whatever urllib was present served.

Update function connected to server fine so pxssh must have been there already, I used it to run a few simple commands like ls, uptime, top etc. but any daemon call gave me:
Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted
...which I guess is some locale problem with the virtualbox VDI, haven't had time to resolve it yet.

But, I didn't have to install python-pip or then pip install anything beyond what came with the default 14.04 image.

python -V on the VM gave me 2.7.6, same as my home box.
LOL! i never even actually tried running it. I was like oh i can't get hte dep's no way it will work stop!!!! I'll test again and let you know.

Great job. Works perfectly on 14.04 without any deps. Keep up the good work.

Back