• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

looking for help, CPU pool-mining from drkpool

DcoinZ

darkcoinprob.png

I created an account with dkpool, i downloaded the minerd. i opened and recieved HTTP request failed: nor can I type any command.
a little help? do i have to disable windows firewall? at&t firewall? thoughts or comments? what am I doing wrong? or is everyone having this problem?

darkcoinprob.png

so i download minerd
open the folder and click the application.
Simple noob question, Whar does this mean?
"HTTP request failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9
332: Connection refused"

Ok, first, is your minerd the version for darkcoin? It's a different algorithm, so you need a special version (you can get here: https://github.com/ig0tik3d/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.2c or here: https://github.com/elmad/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes (Faster if you have the AES-NI instruction set)) Or just go to the front page of the bitcointalk announcement thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0 where you can find downloads for windows that are already compiled.

Second, you need to be sure to have the correct information when starting the miner. You can start the miner with a .bat or .sh file, or just a command in a terminal, or via a config file. I think you can find tutorials, or "guides" in this forum right here: https://darkcointalk.org/forums/guides.32/

It means your mining against yourself with no configuration settings. If you are using 127.0.0.1 your mining solo.

To get it working open up cmd and go to the miner location.
Then type in the following replacing your [wallet address] with your actual wallet address.

To see your progress just go to the website here.
Code:
minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u [wallet address] -p 123

How about trying this? Click on the start menu and in Search type in "cmd" and hit enter.
You should now have cmd open. Type in the following.
Code:
cd C:\Users\Axelrodde\Downloads\xcoin-miner\xcoin-miner

And then what darkadmin said except changing your wallet address to what it actually is.

Code:
minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u [wallet address] -p 123

right click on file a click edit and replace what is in the file with
Code:
Save. And now you can start your minerd with that file by double click on it

You are not in the right directory. plus remove the "[]" around your address. in command go to the folder that you have the miner program in. Then do the above.

So if you miner program is in a folder on your desktop, type in "cd" followed by the path to the folder. For example. If I was at the C:/ and my miner was on the desktop I would type in this.
Code:
C:\
C:\ cd Users\Darkadmin\Desktop\xccoin-miner

C:\Users\Darkadmin\Desktop\xccoin-miner\

C:\Users\Darkadmin\Desktop\xcoin-miner\minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u my wallet address -p 123

Type like this in the cmd

Code:
C:\Users\Axelrodde\Desktop\xcoin-miner\minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u my wallet address -p 123

Looks like your missing a folder should be.
Code:
C:\Users\Axelrodde\Desktop\xcoin-miner\xcoin-miner\minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u my wallet address -p 123

Your original screenshot shows the folder xcoin-miner IN another folder called xcoin-miner.

So do the above instructions but make sure your launching minerd from the second folder.

Looks to be working. There is a faster miner HERE. Go to that page and hit CTRL S or file download.

Make a new text file and save it as Quick.bat
Then copy and paste this code in it and save it.
Make sure your old miner is off, then double click Quick.bat
If all goes well you'll be mining much faster.

Also note: That code is for your specific address, you won't have to change anything.:)
Code:
@echo off
start /d "C:\Users\Axelrodde\Downloads\drk-v1.2c"
minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u XwBa1FN9tcfYautcZ3vr178VfZiH2JzXK9+0.001 -p 123

You can check everything is working by going here.

p2pool.darkcointalk.org You will see your address and your mining speed. It will take a while to receive a payout with the hash speed you have.

Newminer.png

I tried to use your Code exactly, Propulsion. This is the message I got. Should I leave it in the download folder? Should not make any difference.

Yeah that code was assuming you left the folder in your Download folder not your Desktop.
Heres the code for the desktop.

Code:
@echo off
dir "C:\Users\Axelrodde\Desktop\drk-v1.2c"
minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u XwBa1FN9tcfYautcZ3vr178VfZiH2JzXK9+0.001 -p 123

EDIT: Leave the +0.001 attached at the end of your address. That automatically lowers the difficulty for your miner since your using a CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?

helpasginns.png

help me here, is there something i am missing?
C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\xcoin-miner\xcoin-miner\minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u XwBa1FN9tcfYautcZ3vr178VfZiH2JzXK9+0.001 -p 123

You tried to start it in the wrong folder. That command has to be in this folder C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\xcoin-miner\xcoin-miner\

Step 1.) Make a text file
Step 2.) call it p2pool.bat
Step 3.)Inside it put this:
Code:
@echo off
dir C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\xcoin-miner\xcoin-miner\minerd

Step 4.) Save it
Step 5.) Run it

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Propulsion, I got it working by removing an xcoin-miner from the line.
C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\xcoin-miner\xcoin-miner\minerd.exe -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u XwBa1FN9tcfYautcZ3vr178VfZiH2JzXK9+0.001 -p 123 I am getting better at this! Now I have a desktop at 28 and laptop mining at 11-12 khash. Cheers! :D

Back