• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

If it hasn't been done already could we remove mint pal from our suggested trading platforms

I'll aim to keep calm, I'm fairly enough going as a rule, and wait it out. Until then I think I need to go hang around the faucet.

relax relax ... nothing is lost ... do NOT listen to the news and rumors ... just wait a bit ..... :wink:

I'm inclined to agree with you on this tungfa, no choice after all right? But without any inside information, all we have to base ourselves on right now is their communication to their customers and this has been disappointingly vague. If nothing else, I think it clearly illustrates the need to find a way to provide an alternative, if not cut out the exchanges (which are not trustless) from the equation.

I never had any issues with mintpal. Cryptsy on the other hand caused me huge headache before and I stopped using them for months now. I agree with tungfa that we should be a bit more patient because they always have the biggest volume for dark. Plus because of this embarrassment, they will be offering fee-free trade for the rest of the year.

In their blog they offered urgent withdrawal service. Have anyone tried to email them and ask for urgent withdrawal?

Public companies are subject to more accountability controls than private ones, so if people start using public exchanges intend of private one that might be a start. For example, WPCS although I have never used them and know they are mostly owned by banks…. Eventually, it would be better to be able to avoid such entities entirely, especially in light of the fact that institutions get first say on shares when a company goes public, have an influence on their decisions (board members etc.) and because they can still be shut down.

I never had any issues with mintpal. Cryptsy on the other hand caused me huge headache before and I stopped using them for months now. I agree with tungfa that we should be a bit more patient because they always have the biggest volume for dark. Plus because of this embarrassment, they will be offering fee-free trade for the rest of the year.

In their blog they offered urgent withdrawal service. Have anyone tried to email them and ask for urgent withdrawal?

Apparently they have not been responding to these requests. (or no news of them doing so) I would also like to reiterate this perspective…. its no longer Mintpal, it is now Moolah, If I am understanding this correctly…..

A few people have on twitter with no reply on replies as of yet, but that might be down to sheer volume of requests.

Good point, it's something I considered but I think we can assume the people who own the funds in the missing accounts have not been answered.

Well, this should be another good lesson for us. Centralized exchanges (and pools but that's a different discussion) have always been the biggest source of threat to the crypto community. Maybe this should be a good incentive to add decentralized, p2p exchange service (btc->drk->btc) on new Darkcoin wallet?

I think we should be a bit more patient. Yes, mintpal should have tested more before migrating and yes this is a huge fuck-up but it would be too drastic move to completely boycott them as a community. In all that rush, I also left a 3 digit coins in mintpal but I am not worried about it.

p.s. These things are expected in crypto community. Darkcoin had terrible hardforks how many times?! Everyone said we should have tested more but did we listen? no :wink:

I agree there are definitely lessons in this. I'm off for lunch, good talking to everyone! And don't overdo those drinks ;)

DO not deposit anything on the new mintpal! WARNING I just got advised that funds have been transferred to other addresses check your block chains! I'm investigating this right now, please wait for further details and final confirmation of this… EDIT: with a fee…. moolahmintpal has been contacted waiting for a response from them.

Praise Jesus my DRK are there.

It seems to be a bitcoin issue for the person who told me about this… his bitcoins are no longer on the exchange and have been sent to another address that he has never used before.

With a charged fee of 0.00012085 BTC

quote from naxin on dark coin ann:

I just withdrew funds without any issues.

Now I'm missing two bitcoin deposits still, but that is another issue entirely.

Thats the second person with bit coin issues on moolahpal so far…

UPDATE: It seems the problem is for people who deposited BTC to their account when V1 was down, just to clarify that ongoing situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back