• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

protx update_service. protx-dup issue

Rul

Hello!
I am trying to recover my masternode with protx update_service help. But when use it in debug console it says "protx-dup (code 18) (code -26)". How can I fix this?

Yes, I followed these instructions. Maybe problem is in dashd version? I have zeus and 18.0.1 version. Is it updating automatically or do I need to do something?

At the very least i would recommend that you update to v18.1
Ask xkcd for help if you have a problem updating to v18.1 from within Zeus : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-masternode-zeus-replacement-for-dashman.51618/

With regards to getting your masternode unbanned : have you actually verified that you used the original proTxHash ? I would doublecheck every field that you used there, before getting that error message. Also make sure you have funds available for the protx update_service transaction fee in your feeSourceAddress.

Last edited:
At the very least i would recommend that you update to v18.1
Ask xkcd for help if you have a problem updating to v18.1 from within Zeus : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-masternode-zeus-replacement-for-dashman.51618/

With regards to getting your masternode unbanned : have you actually verified that you used the original proTxHash ? I would doublecheck every field that you used there, before getting that error message. Also make sure you have funds available for the protx update_service transaction fee in your feeSourceAddress.
I have version18.1. I will doublecheck everything! Thank you for the answer!

What can be the problem if I do protx update service, write feeSourceAdress and output says that there is no funds on it, but there are funds?

The workaround is to not put the Dash address for "feesourceaddress" but you need to put a little balance into the "payoutaddress" instead.
edit: I mixed it up with registering of the MN where I experienced similar issue on v18.1 with one of the clients.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rul
Probably you are not skipping over the payment address, here's how you should construct the command.
Code:
protx update_service proTxHash ipAndPort operatorKey "" feeSourceAddress
Please note, the fee source address must have at least 1000 Duffs in it and be in the same wallet you are running the protx command from and the wallet must be unlocked when you run the command.

Probably you are not skipping over the payment address, here's how you should construct the command.
Code:
protx update_service proTxHash ipAndPort operatorKey "" feeSourceAddress
Please note, the fee source address must have at least 1000 Duffs in it and be in the same wallet you are running the protx command from and the wallet must be unlocked when you run the command.
Thank you for the help!

Back