• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Taxi toppers report: Miami

ErnestoContrerasLatAm

Ernesto Contreras
Dash Core Group
As the Dash community is aware, during the months of November and December 2021, the DCG marketing team set up an initiative to promote Dash, increase brand awareness and aim to increase DashDirect usage in a real world setting. The means selected for this effort was a car topper company in Miami, Florida.

On the link is the report from that activity. Feel free to ask questions about this initiative

If you really want Dash to be used in Miami, financially convince, for example, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin, Shakira... to take one of those taxis and show how he/she uses Dash direct, saying some catchy phrase like "Viajo más cuando uso Dash", and then put it on youtube and you will see how it reaches the people of miami...everything else i think is throwing the funds away

"Top of the marketing funnel" for awareness advertising might have made sense when Dash was $1000, but awareness
campaigns are a total waste at Dash' marketing budget, we need conversions, direct marketing, not shoot $60K+ at one
small campiagn and have nothing to show for it.

"Top of the marketing funnel" for awareness advertising might have made sense when Dash was $1000, but awareness
campaigns are a total waste at Dash' marketing budget, we need conversions, direct marketing, not shoot $60K+ at one
small campiagn and have nothing to show for it.

So your recommendation would be to not do any Brand awareness marketing until that (or a specific higher) price point?

I am not debating, but making sure I understand what you feel would be best to do.

So your recommendation would be to not do any marketing until that price point?

I am not debating, but making sure I understand what you feel would be best to do.

My suggestion is that we not do shotgun marketing, but direct marketing, I have already reached out to Valkyrie
about coordinating a targeted direct mail campaign with them. You won't get accredited investors to sign up from
car toppers.

Thanks for putting this blog post together, Ernesto. I think ultimately it probably didn't move the needle much and a better campaign would have been to market the DashDirect product, which at that time and even now, is not fully released, so it wasn't a good time to go with it anyway. I really think that DashDirect is the killer app and the thing that people want, Dash is just the fuel to make it work.

Wasn't there also an Austin TX car topper campaign? Is this included as part of these totals?

Can we get an answer for the Austin Car Topper Campaign? Was it part of the total spent, or not?

Yes, there was also Car topper activity done in Austin, but it was an extra that was provided at no cost as a result of Arden's request and it did not cost anything extra.
The results shared in this report only show the Miami data, so I did not add Austin to avoid confusion, and also because there was no measurement tools set up from Dash's side, and Vugo's performance was quite similar.

Thanks for putting this blog post together, Ernesto. I think ultimately it probably didn't move the needle much and a better campaign would have been to market the DashDirect product, which at that time and even now, is not fully released, so it wasn't a good time to go with it anyway. I really think that DashDirect is the killer app and the thing that people want, Dash is just the fuel to make it work.

I am glad you enjoyed the report. For me the biggest take away is that small, offline marketing activities will not move the needle or drive new behaviour. But regardless of this, we need to make sure we continue to try, as the technology we have built is top notch, and eventually, after repeated tests, we will find a good marketing initiative for low cost actions!

Thanks!

Back