• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Open Source Announcement and Future Plans

Awesome job, Evan et al (everyone on the team, flair, DRKLord, CHAOSiTEC, DeathRay, Rebroad and .... who else is there pls?) Also wonderful members of our darkcoin community (so many, it's hard to list!) You all make it fun to come here and to bitcointalk.

I'm excited to see the next two known advances that are planned get implemented. I always thought having our IP address was a weak point, didn't even know you were working on a fix! And of course, instant transactions... that's more important than many people are willing to admit. "You can have instant transactions with bitcoin!" no you can't. The receiver takes a risk, a calculated risk, but risk that the coin will come through safely. In the end, the successful thefts will cause prices to go up, to compensate for the risk... just like with credit cards. I can' see the day when merchants will give incentives to people to buy with Darkcoin. Maybe not today, and not tomorrow, but it will happen!

i FINALLY found the real Schnitzel man,
you will see more of him now !
Be ready ....>>>

Speaking of future plans. It is great that we are working on instant transactions but can we also broadcast/transmit Darkcoins instantly via the radio waves? I am not a technical guy but if this works, it would bring more privacy and it would be fast since radio waves travel at close to the speed of light (Perhaps this would only be used for masternodes network and not to general public transactions etc).

Finland did this recently, and I though it would be interesting to hear the pros and cons from the Darkcoin dev team.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoiners-finland-send-cryptocurrency-radio/

Edit: Call me crazy but if this idea works, and since radio waves can travel across the universe, we could be rivaling Paypal's intergalactic payment plan ;)

http://www.dw.de/paypal-to-prepare-ground-for-intergalactic-currency/a-16911772

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of future plans. It is great that we are working on instant transactions but can we also broadcast/transmit Darkcoins instantly via the radio waves? I am not a technical guy but if this works, it would bring more privacy and it would be fast since radio waves travel at close to the speed of light (Perhaps this would only be used for masternodes network and not to general public transactions etc).

Finland did this recently, and I though it would be interesting to hear the pros and cons from the Darkcoin dev team.

hype. internet is also speed of light..

Evan's code says:

(line #)
1156 + // the darksend pool can only take 1.1DRK minimum
1157 + if(nValueIn < COIN*1.1){
1158 + //simply look for non-denominated coins
1159 + if (pwalletMain->SelectCoinsDark(maxAmount*COIN, 9999999*COIN, vCoins, nValueIn, minRounds, nDarksendRounds, hasFeeInput))
1160 + {
1161 + if(!fDryRun) SplitUpMoney();
1162 + return true;
1163 + }
1164 +
1165 + LogPrintf("DoAutomaticDenominating : Too little to denominate (must have 1.1DRK) \n");
1166 + return false;
1167 + }

But we still can't anonymize 2 DRK and someone tested 10 DRK which didn't anonymize either. Has anyone found the code where this happens?

EDIT: Scrolling down to the next section of the page I found this line:

1180 + if(nAnonymizeDarkcoinAmount < 2) nAnonymizeDarkcoinAmount = 2;

Could this be the conflict in the code that causes the 2 DRK not to be anonymized?

Last edited by a moderator:
moli: I don`t understand code at all but can read and for me it looks like you says...
if it is < 2 or = 2 than non anonymize...

moli: I don`t understand code at all but can read and for me it looks like you says...
if it is < 2 or = 2 than non anonymize...
Or it can be that:
1. If the threshold to be anonymized is less than 2 DRK (ie. if it's 1 DRK) then the threshold will be set at 2 DRK.
2. If the balance of the wallet is less than 1.1 DRK, it will be rejected because the balance is too little to denominate.

And if that's the case, this has nothing to do with the 2 DRK not-being-able-to-anonymize scenario at all.

Edit: Call me crazy but if this idea works, and since radio waves can travel across the universe, we could be rivaling Paypal's intergalactic payment plan ;)

http://www.dw.de/paypal-to-prepare-ground-for-intergalactic-currency/a-16911772

Radio Wave internett will be (and they are working on it now) the big deal for Africa !
as there is no and super slow internet , radio wave internet will be the cheap and ok (not the fastest obviously) war to get africa connected,
and then it is all about Micro Finances with BTC ... or sell your goats anonymous with DRK !!
Power to the nomads !

Back