• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hello: I'm Darren Tapp (汤德润) a DIF Supervisor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to report that our Q4 report is video and is available.

Slide 6 shows our Q4 expenses and outlays. In my opinion Q4 was a great quarter. Q1 might be a bit of rebuliding, but there are a few opportunities that I'm excited about and our reserves are prepared for.

One question we received was: "Do supervisors have to disclose whether they have any private interest/shares of a company that is being evaluated for investment?"

To which the answer is: "Supervisors disclose if they have a private interest in an investment and recuse themselves from the DIF vote on such investments."

For You and @Mark Mason
A suggestion.
I have detected an interesting opportunity for Dash, to can manage the DIF.
PayPal has bought this startup:

This startup is a professional custodial solution for institutionals, and as you can see in it blog are making partnership with may Blockchain projects.

It would be very interesting, that Dash was included, it would allow in the future that dash to be added in Paypal easily.

I hope you investigate, and you will tell me something.

Last edited:
The largest self-directed IRA custodian in America, Equity Trust, is using GBI to custodial crypto investments for IRA retirement account holders. I personally use it and while it has relatively higher fees, it's been one of the best investments I've made for our Roth IRA. Of course, Dash is not available to invest. As you can imagine, this is major institutional money by Equity Trust.

One of the largest partner/investor in GBI is Dan Tapiero and he's mostly accessible through Twitter. He's featured quite a bit on Real Vision.

Here's a dashboard screenshot from my account:
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.09.36 AM.png

I'm not sure that the DIF would be interested in something like this but thought I should bring it up anyway.

The largest self-directed IRA custodian in America, Equity Trust, is using GBI to custodial crypto investments for IRA retirement account holders. I personally use it and while it has relatively higher fees, it's been one of the best investments I've made for our Roth IRA. Of course, Dash is not available to invest. As you can imagine, this is major institutional money by Equity Trust.

One of the largest partner/investor in GBI is Dan Tapiero and he's mostly accessible through Twitter. He's featured quite a bit on Real Vision.

View attachment 10519

I'm not sure that the DIF would be interested in something like this but thought I should bring it up anyway.

I think it's interesting, I used for ideas & opportunities the discord DIF channel.
Now if I see something, I will put it in the forum post.

Thanks for bringing this up @blockchaintech ! I'll ask the other supervisors about it. Maybe this can go on our fact finding plate?

For You and @Mark Mason
A suggestion.
I have detected an interesting opportunity for Dash, to can manage the DIF.
PayPal has bought this startup:

This startup is a professional custodial solution for institutionals, and as you can see in it blog are making partnership with may Blockchain projects.

It would be very interesting, that Dash was included, it would allow in the future that dash to be added in Paypal easily.

I hope you investigate, and you will tell me something.

Thanks @Hilawe the DIF currently has an interest in identifying all custodians that offer Dash an an option. I can certainly see the value in allowing people have exposure to Dash in their retirement accounts!!!

View attachment 10519

I am hungry!!! I want someone to deliver me a PIZZA!!!! But I can pay only with Dash!!! Where are those delivery boys when you need them? By the way, I can also buy a new computer with the Dash I own! My computer is 12 years old!!!! Thank you so much @Geert, for giving me 1 Dash [1] [2] five months ago! I can now buy a new computer with that money!! But where are those delivery boys, when you need them? Why do they offer their services only in Venezuela???
I WANT A DASH DELIVERY SERVICE, DIRECTLY TO MY HOME! AND I WANT IT NOW !!!!
DIF SHOULD INVEST TO DASH DELIVERY SERVICES, NOW!!!!
e0e85950bd8c4a6a4a60cdb92d5bfc5b-1.jpg

Answer to a question in another forum:
There is a hedging strategy in effect. That strategy is 70% USD and 30% DASH. Assets are balanced every time there is a DAO distribution or a contract signed for an outlay. (No outlays in Q1) The DIF does not believe it has access to gold markets that are liquid enough to be useful. We have been unsuccessful at securing access to broader markets.

Our liquid (the exchange) balance uses Hummingbot to target 50/50 Dash/USD. That means the overall balancing strategy could be 40%/60% USD/Liquid Balance.

@Walter asked me to evaluate the effectiveness of Humming bot I found:

At the end of Q1: The DIF's liquid (liquid the exchange) balance was worth $215k
If the balance was 50/50 day of deposit that portfolio would be worth $181.5k

So the market making activities did 30k+ better than the target risk profile.

At the end of Q1 all DIF's USD and DASH was worth $556k while we began the quarter with $90k.

The DAO distributed 2,350 Dash to the DIF in Q1. Expenses in Q1 included all of 2021 directors fees and was just over $50k.
The price of Dash was 86.98 at the beginning of the quarter and ended at 233.51
This balancing and market making strategy yielded an effective sell price of 219.57 of DAO distributions.

These activities are to support an item of our vision:
"Manage reserves for the network in a manner that balances the needs to grow the reserves, and to limit risks"

Market making is also intended to support another vision item:
"Seed the liquidity and growth of emerging Dash financial markets or products"

I also put a teaser on twitter

The quality of a masternode also depends on the bandwidth it can serve.
This measurment is not made in the masternodes, and all masternodes are considered equal, regardless the bandwidth they provide to the dash network.

DIF should invest on bandwidth coins.

look at the rewards page of an Helios hotspot (that I choosed randomly among the 30000 active ones).
307,89 HNT per month reward means 307,89x17.34= 5338 USD per month!

...and DCG shoud read the packet-forwarder software of Helium and include its code into dash masternodes.

Helium's code is OPENSOURCE!

The download link is giving me:

NO TEXT CHANNELS
You find yourself in a strange place. You don't have access to any text channels, or there are none on this server.

I just submitted my application for DIF supervisor. I included a campaign statement with the submission.

If elected I will continue to serve the DIF as I have the past year. I'm not expecting on doing anything significantly different. Over the next two years, I would hope that the DIF could bring on employees. I think it's best if the employees aren't supervisors. I would like the DIF to have $1M of liquid assets before bringing on an employee.

Please consider voting for me in the election next month.

I think we'll have a lot of good options this election and remember this is an approval style election so vote for everyone you think is qualified and helpful. If you would like to run, your application is due by Friday.

I just submitted my application for DIF supervisor. I included a campaign statement with the submission.

If elected I will continue to serve the DIF as I have the past year. I'm not expecting on doing anything significantly different. Over the next two years, I would hope that the DIF could bring on employees. I think it's best if the employees aren't supervisors. I would like the DIF to have $1M of liquid assets before bringing on an employee.

Please consider voting for me in the election next month.

I think we'll have a lot of good options this election and remember this is an approval style election so vote for everyone you think is qualified and helpful. If you would like to run, your application is due by Friday.

I support your re-election. Could you open a fresh thread just for DIF nominees and copy above text there? I can sticky the post. Or would
you rather Forum staff initiate such a thread? Forum is a good spot to announce candidates. so it's all on one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back