• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The core wallets of Dash-Bitcoin-Litecoin and the Electrum wallet are reported by microsoft windows antivirus as Trojans/Viruses!

Shall DCG be forced to fix Dashcore wallet so that it will not appear as Trojan in windows defender?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tomorrow maybe. I have already rebooted out of Windows to do some other work. However, I note that all of these links generate positives on Virus Total.

Ok! thats good news for me!!! I am not the only one who receives positives!!!
Agents are not nearby!

:cool::p

Why should DCG fix false positives in Litecoin and Bitcoin? And why should crypto comply with Microsoft scanners, what authority do they have? Did we vote to do this?

Positives appear for Dash too.....Dash is a fork of bitcoin and litecoin.

Dash should comply to microsoft scanners, in order for new users not to be afraid to install dash software.

New users use the installer to install Dash. You have not shown any evidence that the installer triggers the scanner. Can you do this please?

Do you still suggest removing mining code from the zip distribution? Why?

Clean My Mac X did recently flag Dash QT as a "coin miner" so maybe it's been added to some kind of database.

New users use the installer to install Dash. You have not shown any evidence that the installer triggers the scanner. Can you do this please?

Do you still suggest removing mining code from the zip distribution? Why?

DCG should try to fix the problem (by adding junk code into the items that are flagged as virus).

Then the Dash media team should advertise Dash as the only coin that succesfully pass the Microsoft Antivirus.

Last edited:
I have also found this issue in other forums as well. these false positives are really annoying. sometimes it makes me feel like these are conspiracies by bigger companies. :confused: or may be i am just paranoid. anyway, i really hope that this is fixed as soon as possible, because a lot of people are being mislead by this.

Here is a simple solution : stop relying on the free Windows Defender and buy and use a good anti-virus program.
Problem solved and your pc is better protected.

Anyone active in crypto should not rely solely on Windows Defender for protection.
They should go the extra mile and get some proper anti-virus & malware protection.

Anyways, this thread topic has changed from Windows Defender supposedly detecting a trojan virus to Windows Defender classifying legit software as a PUA (potentially unwanted application). In this specific case it classifies something in the Dash Dash Core wallet ZIP file as a PUA - CoinMiner (which is normal in this case).

I suspect the scanning for PUA's can be disabled from within Microsoft Defender, or the zip file itself can be whitelisted.
It is up to users how they want to deal with PUA's.

And no, a PUA is not a virus.

Here is a doc about it : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ly-unwanted-apps-microsoft-defender-antivirus

Excluding files
Sometimes a file is erroneously blocked by PUA protection, or a feature of a PUA is required to complete a task. In these cases, a file can be added to an exclusion list.

With regards to the found 'trojan:win32/woreflint.a!cl' : most likely unrelated to the Dash Core Wallet ZIP file and an urgent reason to get a good anti-virus program and do a full system scan.

Doc about this virus : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds...-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl

Instead of doing a quickscan you should just have Windows Defender scan the Dash Core wallet ZIP file, if it only finds the PUA CoinMiner, then that means you got the trojan through something else (maybe you downloaded a game or something and it was attached there).
If you are not getting a good anti virus program, at least do a full system scan with Windows Defender & download and use the free Malwarebytes for Windows edition. Make sure it scans for rootkits as well.

Last edited:
@qwizzie

The problem is not microsoft antivirus and whether we should use it or not. The problem is that whoever microsoft and cryptonoobie user enters the cryptospace nowdays and tries to install the Dash wallet is being warned by microsoft that this is a PUA CoinMiner virus!!! This is VERY important because, due to the recent bull market , thousands of new users are arriving in cryptospace, and most of them are microsoft users. The DCG should take care of this ASAP. DCG should add junk code into the Dash core wallet in order to escape from the false report of the microsoft antivirus.

Secondly, I have to admit that I was scanning at the same time both Dash, and Bitcoin, and Litecoin, and Electrum portable wallet, so maybe the false report about the troyan was not because of Dash, but because of one of the other 3 wallets. Which makes me think that, in case of course we consider that this is a conspiracy, it should be a consipary of new cryptocurrencies with the help of microsoft against old cryptocurrencies.

Try it by yourself. Do a microsoft defender scan in Bitcoin core wallet, and Litecoin core wallet, and in Electrum portable wallet and you will get the trojan warning.

Last edited:
@qwizzie

The problem is not microsoft antivirus and whether we should use it or not. The problem is that whoever microsoft and cryptonoobie user enters the cryptospace nowdays and tries to install the Dash wallet is being warned by microsoft that this is a PUA CoinMiner virus!!!

Incorrect. Microsoft does not warn that PUA CoinMiner is a virus. PUA's (Potentially Unwanted Applications) are not a virus !!
And Microsoft gives PUA CoinMiner even a 'Low' risk score according your own image :

KGwTrUM.jpg

PUA warnings is simply something that Windows users that deal with crypto wallets should get familiar with and should be looked at case by case.
Personally i would be more worried about the found trojan alerts on your system and focus on that more. Those are far more dangerous (which is why Microsoft classify them as 'Severe').

Last edited:
Incorrect. Microsoft does not warn that PUA CoinMiner is a virus. PUA's (Potentially Unwanted Applications) are not a virus !!
And Microsoft gives PUA CoinMiner even a 'Low' risk score according your own image :

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME???? THE CRYPTO NOOBIES DO NOT KNOW WHAT A PUA IS!!! THEY JUST SEE THE WARNING, AND THEY REJECT THE DASH SOFTWARE!!!!!

PUA warnings is simply something that Windows users that deal with crypto wallets should get familiar with and should be looked at case by case.
Personally i would be more worried about the found trojan alerts on your system and focus on that more. Those are far more dangerous (which is why Microsoft classify them as 'Severe').

Are you listening, or just write whatever, in order to support the pathetic DCG?
I told you, this is NOT the report of my system. This is the report when I checked for viruses (by using microsoft antivirus) the dash core wallet, the bitcoin core wallet, the litecoin core wallet, and the electrum portable wallet.
Do it by yourself and confirm or reject my claims!!!

I tried this myself in post #6 and rejected your claims with evidence. In #19 we confirmed that binaries from other crypto projects (i.e. NOT Dash) triggered malware warnings in Windows Defender. If you are still detecting malware, I recommend you uninstall these other wallets, or just wipe your entire system, since there seems to be quite a lot of other malware on it. I don't see how shouting in all caps that you have viruses/PUAs/malware on your own system, that got there through your own actions, implies it is somehow DCG's fault. This thread will be locked if you cannot follow up with my request for evidence/more information in #14.

I tried this myself in post #6 and rejected your claims with evidence. In #19 we confirmed that binaries from other crypto projects (i.e. NOT Dash) triggered malware warnings in Windows Defender. If you are still detecting malware, I recommend you uninstall these other wallets, or just wipe your entire system, since there seems to be quite a lot of other malware on it. I don't see how shouting in all caps that you have viruses/PUAs/malware on your own system, that got there through your own actions, implies it is somehow DCG's fault. This thread will be locked if you cannot follow up with my request for evidence/more information in #14.

1) I was clear in my last message that Dash receives only a PUA warning by microsoft antivirus.
2) I was also clear that the core wallets of bitcoin, litecoin, and electrum are reported as troyans by microsoft antivirus, and that I could NOT reproduce any troyan warning for Dash.
3) I cannot edit the poll tittle, and change the word "troyan" to "PUA", as I did to the thread tittle. So can you edit the poll tittle for me? I would like to change the poll question to this: "Shall DCG be forced to fix Dashcore wallet so that it will not appear as PUA in windows defender?"
4) I will not do any other tests, this DCG's job. If DCG are fair (they are not), they should give me some tip for testing and reporting the PUA warning to them.
5) DCG is still pathetic, as long as they do not fix the PUA warning, and the masternodes are still stupid, as long as they do not force DCG to fix the PUA warning.
6) Not only you are a member of a pathetic DCG which took Dash from the 6th place in coinmarketcap and lead it to the 49th place, but also, obviously ordered by them, you threat with censorship. This makes things worst.
7) Dont bother to censor anything here, almost nobody is reading. This (once upon times viral) forum is an empty place, and this is another failure of the pathetic DCG.
8) At least, could you please ask DCG to scan the 48 coins that are above Dash in coinmarketcap, and discover any other coin that is reported by microsoft antivirus as PUA/virus/Troyan? I suspect that this is a microsoft plan, and our "beloved" DCG, in case of course they are not microsoft's agents, they should help both Dash and the crypto community in general, and contribute in the discovering of the hidden microsoft plans (if any).

Last edited:
Back