• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum extended funding?

Will you support the proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No (please, elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

akhavr

Proposal is live at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumExtendedFunding2019

Recent developments made me to make this post:
  1. Since our last proposal Dash depreciated almost twice
  2. We're started working on Electrum PrivateSend implementation, but it would take some time.
  3. We can go back to working full time on Dash Electrum, given enough funding.
Right now we're getting 32 Dash per month (after taking out proposal fee), which gives us ~$2560. To work full time, we need another $7440/month which is 93Dash.

Would the community support us if I'd make another funding proposal of
  • 93Dash monthly over 3 months = 279Dash
  • proposal submission fee of 5 Dash
total 284Dash over 3 months?

Link to the currently active proposal is https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrum2019 and it's description contains more information regarding activities of our team.

PS Updated numbers wrt new exchange rate Sep 12.

Last edited:
How would you implement Private Send? What problems does it pose?

Any other features you would like to add? How about basic expense management (category, weekly / monthly totals etc)?

I'm warming to your project but not sure what others think.

Right now we're reconstructing in python the mechanics of PrivateSend and evaluating different strategies to implement it in the wallet.

Expense management isn't on our roadmap now, yet we can interface with a 3rd party tool, if there would be requests.

Dash Electrum is by far the most feature-rich GUI wallet available for Dash today, it's like a huge toolbox of functions that Just Work™. Just the other day I was able to use it for hardware multisig addresses or inspecting addresses beyond the normal gap limit of an HD wallet. I strongly support adding more Dash-specific features to this while leaving development of broader cross-blockchain features (like address categories/labels) to upstream Electrum.

Dash Electrum is by far the most feature-rich GUI wallet available for Dash today, it's like a huge toolbox of functions that Just Work™. Just the other day I was able to use it for hardware multisig addresses or inspecting addresses beyond the normal gap limit of an HD wallet. I strongly support adding more Dash-specific features to this while leaving development of broader cross-blockchain features (like address categories/labels) to upstream Electrum.

Do you think that perhaps these features you talk about would be better served by the Dash Core Desktop wallet? After all, that is a full node.

Do you think that perhaps these features you talk about would be better served by the Dash Core Desktop wallet? After all, that is a full node.

Wearing my software architect hat, I'd say that this function should be delegated to a completely separate application: way too different design forces are acting upon Core wallet, SPV wallet, and expense management tool. They should integrate seamlessly, but be separate pieces.

Wearing my software architect hat, I'd say that this function should be delegated to a completely separate application: way too different design forces are acting upon Core wallet, SPV wallet, and expense management tool. They should integrate seamlessly, but be separate pieces.

If they must be separate applications then ideally there would be no importing / exporting of data, it will all be automatic and seamless. If dash electrum wants to concentrate on advanced features then okay, maybe expense management is low priority. But right now there is no simple mobile dash wallet with expense management and I see that as a valuable piece to the puzzle.

If they must be separate applications then ideally there would be no importing / exporting of data, it will all be automatic and seamless. If dash electrum wants to concentrate on advanced features then okay, maybe expense management is low priority. But right now there is no simple mobile dash wallet with expense management and I see that as a valuable piece to the puzzle.

I'm not an expert in an expense management. Can you point me to some materials or apps that you like?

I'm not an expert in an expense management. Can you point me to some materials or apps that you like?

Financisto, open source android app:
http://financisto.com/

Can create report by period, category, payee, location.

How much did I spend on Amazon vouchers this month?
How much remittance did I send this month?
How much did I spend on hosting this year?

Last edited:
Back