• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Incompatibility between DashNexus, Ledger nano s and DashMasternodeTool

Pietro Speroni

Hello, I just wanted to raise a flag about an incompatibility between those three softwares:
DashNexus, Ledger Nano and DashMasternode Tool.

In the DashNexus to participate in the discussion you need to prove that you are the owner of a masternode. Fine. Unfortunately to prove it you are asked to sign a message from the address on which you receive funds from the masternode. So in other words not from the address where the masternode funds are, but where the gained funds are sent. All this might be logic, after all the owner of the masternode might be the person gaining for it, while the theorethical owner might be just a manager.

Unfortunately the DashMasternodeTool does not seem to permit you to sign a message from such an address. Which is probably obvious because you never gave to it any private key, so how could it do it.

So how should the masternode owner sign such signature? But with the software from which he access his funds... too bad that if such address is from ledger nano, they do not seem to permit to sign a message. So the result is that it is not possible for the masternode owner to prove he is the owner.

cc @Bertrand256 (and I would CC the person responsible for DashNexus, but I don't know who he is)

Unfortunately the DashMasternodeTool does not seem to permit you to sign a message from such an address. Which is probably obvious because you never gave to it any private key, so how could it do it.

DMT allows you to sign message with any key controlled by your hardware wallet.
If the Dash address involved isn't the same as the collateral address, you need to follow these steps:
1) launch the DMT wallet window
2) on the left panel locate the Dash address associated with the key you want to sign message with
3) right-click on it and choose "Sign message"

upload_2019-8-12_21-30-23.png

In the DashNexus to participate in the discussion you need to prove that you are the owner of a masternode
It's a shame to see DashNexus teaming up with oppressive/violent governments to silence and oppress MasterNode operators... The hateful woke strike again...

Back