• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Suggestion: Change the name

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed to me that as Bitcoin price fell the last couple days, Darkcoin and other anonymous altcoin prices went up. I had some reservations about the "dark" name too, but it seems to me that it's important to stress its difference from bitcoin, and frankly anonymity is "dark" so I think DRK's niche is set and should be amplified rather than hidden.

Money often moves out of the big coins when there is a bump in a specific other one. Today we saw some drops as people moved into DRK a little. It's a very common thing to happen. You'll notice where there is no buzz all the big names are up a few percent. That's people moving their money back into the safe coins.

unicoi/rn?
QrR9vSv.jpg

For many people, the name 'Darkcoin' will be evidence that we are doing something nasty.

Why not change the name? Evan has said he wants to go mainstream, right?

Either the name or the colors need to change. It's obvious.

I really like the name Darkcoin it's cool.
I really like a Dark color scheme, super cool.

But this color scheme reads: 'Cleancoin'...'Aircoin'....'Wintercoin'....'WindowsXp'......'Windows98'.....'It's a boy!'.....'Bluecoin'.....

Why Evan didnt change the name, again, when trying to get away from any 'dark' connotations is beyond me.
Let's go all the way with this, one way or the other.

To answer your question directly: To connect the gap between these bright blue colors....
every time i look at it i ask; 245 shades of blue?? really??
It's crazy town right now.
The colors were decided months ago. The logo looks a helluva lot better now than it did initially.

Or fine, keep the blue colorscheme except use this image as a guide.
It's Mirage the Autobot. You cant deny his coolness.
ONE shade of DARK blue, grey, black, white, and red...done

He's the fastest of all Autobots, can turn invisible, and repped a bank on his body.....pretty good match for this coin.
The current sci-fi D logo fits in perfect as well. As Darkz just mentioned, let's just go full videogame style and run with it, no more half this and half that.
Mirage.jpg

I personally think Knight-Rider is more on the mark, but i guess blue is indelibly carved into the psyche of many dark supporters at this point. So ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or fine, keep the blue colorscheme except use this image as a guide.
It's Mirage the Autobot. You cant deny his coolness.
ONE shade of DARK blue, grey, black, white, and red...done

He's the fastest of all Autobots, can turn invisible, and repped a bank on his body.....pretty good match for this coin.
The current sci-fi D logo fits in perfect as well. As Darkz just mentioned, let's just go full videogame style and run with it, no more half this and half that.
View attachment 486

I personally think Knight-Rider is more on the mark, but i guess blue is indelibly carved into the psyche of many dark supporters at this point. So ok.
Darkcoin_sml.png

Fine as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back