• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Request for the following pre-opensource:

One of these was mentioned before, but I think the following two things are very important now that we are about to open-source.

1. Update the Darksend paper.

Mentioned before, I know -- but this is very important IMO. Once we open source a lot of people will turn their eyes towards Darkcoin. Some may look at the code, but most will just read the whitepaper... and the current paper does all the work Evan and the other devs have put in VERY little justice. It would suck to be called "just another coinjoin clone" based on an outdated whitepaper. PLEASE update this documentation before the 29th.

2. Darksend User Manual

Some attempts at this have been made in the past so maybe that can be used as a starting point, but having an updated manual with pictures and explanation based around the latest client will go a long way in mitigating confusion. This is probably more of an item for the "Core Team" rather than the dev team, but it is also very important.

Thanks
Agreed - very important!!!

Also what I think is very important as I have said in my previous posts is having a press release ready for RC5 launch and Open Source

Evan, I remember you had written a press release for when bitfinex added DRK - we need something similar.

This is the time we need the marketing to go into overdrive as it will aid in the adoption of the coin early on immensely.

****** PLEASE UPDATE TO v9.13.12 (Stable) OR 10.13.12 (RC) *******

The Warning message is being caused by older clients (pre-enforcement spork) still mining and they have the longer chain. The daemon should disconnect the two networks in the case of a rejected block.

- disconnect on rejecting enforced block

Stable Binaries
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc5/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc5/darkcoind

RC5 Binaries
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc5/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc5/darkcoind
Evan, does it mean a few other people and I were on the wrong chain and it was a fork, that was why we got the Warning error? and because the wallets are not built with the backwards compatibility feature?

Thank you.

few things to consider before releasing to Mainnet in my opinion :

- if RC4 users need to transfer their darkcoins to new wallets in order to use RC5 make sure its mentioned in the announcement
- advise people to encrypt their (new) wallets for security reasons
- during encryption maybe a text can be put into place with something like ''the encryption of the wallet will make yr pc unresponsive for a few minutes, this is perfectly normal''

v0.10.13.12 looks to be without problems, Darksend nominations are getting in and everything looks good.

i'm off to work now .. i will let my three wallets do some large wallet anonymization.

1. Update the Darksend paper.

Mentioned before, I know -- but this is very important IMO. Once we open source a lot of people will turn their eyes towards Darkcoin. Some may look at the code, but most will just read the whitepaper... and the current paper does all the work Evan and the other devs have put in VERY little justice. It would suck to be called "just another coinjoin clone" based on an outdated whitepaper. PLEASE update this documentation before the 29th.
We are currently working on the Instant Transactions paper and as a side effect i think we'll have a updated version of the Darksend paper after the 29th too, as it is rather outdated now.

2. Darksend User Manual

Some attempts at this have been made in the past so maybe that can be used as a starting point, but having an updated manual with pictures and explanation based around the latest client will go a long way in mitigating confusion. This is probably more of an item for the "Core Team" rather than the dev team, but it is also very important.
Evan and me decided that http://wiki.darkcoin.qa/display/DRK/Darkcoin User Guide will be the base for the User Manual. Everyone is invited to join, it's a joint effort to fill the blank pages :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The spelling error is gone! Thanks, Evan!

upload_2014-9-17_2-45-18.png

Hmm, how can it be at 100% already?
Tooltip on progress bar shows 5.266667 out of 8 rounds

Started out with a fresh wallet, only changed settings before starting the denomination.

edit:
Now jumped back to 64% and avg of 3.3333333 out of 8 rounds

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone test 1 DRK - when the price skyrockets - who knows how much this can buy :)
I sent 3.xx DRK to a new address, 8 rounds, with 1 drk target. Didn't do anything. After I changed it to 2 DRK, I got my first payment to self. Will see what happens.

Running v0.10.13.12, it checks out.

I'm running 40drk / 8 rounds
After posting that pic, I changed my tdrk to be anonymized to 20, and went to bed. Just now woke up to see that I've got 28 tdrk anonymized. :)

I sent 3.xx DRK to a new address, 8 rounds, with 1 drk target. Didn't do anything. After I changed it to 2 DRK, I got my first payment to self. Will see what happens.
I sent all my anon tdrk away to the faucet and changed the settings to 2 tdrk, 8 rounds to pair with you. Let's see if it will work.

Both, Jira and Confluence will recognize when you are using the same login, but they are not fully single-sign-on (yet). So you still have to register on both if you want to edit Wiki pages.
The top navigation supports at least easy navigation between the tools :)

e0iSn.jpg

Both, Jira and Confluence will recognize when you are using the same login, but they are not fully single-sign-on (yet). So you still have to register on both if you want to edit Wiki pages.
The top navigation supports at least easy navigation between the tools :)

e0iSn.jpg
Thank you, flare. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back