• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to run dash client on linux tails

Hey mate. Thanks for your patience on my late response. I have the dash core Iinux 64 bit wallet. The latest one on the website.

In my network settinfsin the wallet. I have options for
- map port using upnp
- allow incoming connections
- connect through SOCKS5 proxy (default proxy)
- use seperate SOCKS5 proxy to reach peers via tor hidden services.

Currently the only option that is checked is "allow incoming connections".

Any help would be amazing buddy. Thank you.

Did you try the "addnode" command I described above? Try adding nodes with that, and make sure the appropriate port is open in your firewall. You can use Google to find out how to do these things in Tails Linux.

Did you try the "addnode" command I described above? Try adding nodes with that, and make sure the appropriate port is open in your firewall. You can use Google to find out how to do these things in Tails Linux.

It worked :) however. Now the issue is. That whenever I reboot tails . And load up dash wallet through terminal again. Its progress goes back to 0% and has to redo the sync process again.

This is odd. Because the wallet Is stored in my persistent folder alongside the wallet backup file.

Does the backup usually contain the last known sync process? Bcoz this is always taking it back to '4 years and 27 weeks" behind status...

Any silutions would be amazingly appreciated... Thanks heaps mate

Dash Core is a full wallet, meaning it verifies everything you do against a full copy of the entire blockchain. You will need to include the entire data folder, including the 8GB+ of stuff in the chainstate and blocks folders, to avoid having to download the full blockchain each time.

If you are looking for a light wallet, you could try checking out Dash Electrum, available from https://www.dash.org/wallets/

Since this an SPV wallet, you will only need to save the wallet files to your persistent storage to use this one.

Back