• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to run two instances of darkcoin-qt on a single PC in order to double the amount of denominating/darksending I'm doing? I want to help as much as possible.

I'm thinking two different directories, two different datadirectories, and two different names (darkcoin-qt and darkcoin-qt2 or something) might work? Anybody ever done this or have any tips?

I was just about to post similar but without a bounty.

flare Are all of the instances that I set up in use?

I think I have time to set one or two up now. Will get on it.
3 out of 6 are running as masternodes, the other 3 are running normal clients

Code:
{
"54.68.81.45:19999" : 1,
"54.68.84.193:19999" : 1,
"54.68.88.75:19999" : 1,
}

I'm waiting an answer from OVH if set up a masternode on their VPS isn't break the user agreement. If someone know eventually ...
I have 3 MN:s in OVH, no problem.
If your server wont use 100% of cpu resources, you can do about anything you want.

EDIT: my MN servers use about 10% cpu, and 20-25% memory resources.

Guys, I'm very, very sad that our testnet has so few masternodes. IMO, creating a larger and more robust testnet is vital.

To that end, I'm offering a bounty of 1.5 DRK (real ones =D) to anyone who will set up an MN on testnet. Maximum of 4.5 DRK will be paid out. Will y'all accept my challenge? Will others join in and offer additional bounties?

*Hosting on VULTR costs $5 per month, so 1.5 DRK at current prices should get you roughly one month of hosting.

Challenge accepted! Will get started on this shortly. Also, I've updated my latest bug report with additional details (which I suppose I should put into JIRA now) if anyone is interested. https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-testing.2245/page-19#post-19754

Right. The masternode I just created is a EC2 T2 medium and it is running at 30% CPU util. I have three masternodes multihosted on one single T2 medium on mainnet and it runs at about 6% CPU util.

This might mean nothing but it could be of relevance if we are trying to ascertain whether there are any resource bottlenecks with the masternode aspect of testnet.

I have 3 MN:s in OVH, no problem.
If your server wont use 100% of cpu resources, you can do about anything you want.

EDIT: my MN servers use about 10% cpu, and 20-25% memory resources.
That's a good news, thanks for your answer! And for who want to rent a server for set-up a masternode, a VPS on OVH is 2.4€ and on digital ocean it's 5$

Right. The masternode I just created is a EC2 T2 medium and it is running at 30% CPU util. I have three masternodes multihosted on one single T2 medium on mainnet and it runs at about 6% CPU util.

This might mean nothing but it could be of relevance if we are trying to ascertain whether there are any resource bottlenecks with the masternode aspect of testnet.

Forget about that, it was just an initial ten minute burst. Its down to something more reasonable now. Will be interesting to see CPU util in testnet though.

Finally my 5k tDRK got to 100% (8 rounds).

I'll start over now and set the wallet to keep 50 drk anon (4 rounds) to run it with Moli
Ok... I've got 78 tdrk anonymized. How's it going for you? And you also found out 5 drk could be anonymized. Would you like to set the amount at 3.5 next with 6 rounds?

PS. I'm going to send 78 tdrk to the faucet and set my Options at 3.5 tdrk, 6 rounds.^

CORRECTION: Actually, I just found out we can't do decimal numbers in "amount to keep anonymized". It will not let me put it in. So I set it at 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... I've got 78 tdrk anonymized. How's it going for you? And you also found out 5 drk could be anonymized. Would you like to set the amount at 3.5 next with 6 rounds?

PS. I'm going to send 78 tdrk to the faucet and set my Options at 3.5 tdrk, 6 rounds.

FWIW the client doesn't accept decimals in amount to keep anonymized

FWIW the client doesn't accept decimals in amount to keep anonymized
Yes, Just found it out for myself... LOL... So there's no way to test numbers like 0.50000 drk. I guess Evan does not anticipate drk to be at 1000 USD soon? :)

I think we have enough MNs for testing, what we need more are testers. But flare can tell us what we need.
I've got two MN's on testnet and can add more if needed. But, I agree seems like not enough wallets running darksend. Takes too long to complete. I think I should rather setup a few more VM's to run more wallets for darksend.

Can somebody suggest a really streamlined linux distro that I could run in virtual box with loads of wallets? I'd rather not be dealing with 1gb+ iso installs like with Ubuntu and Mint. Does the QT run on Damn Small Linux? Maybe Puppy?

This is already know, but just to have one more exemple

Wallet V0.10.13.3

Before denomination :
Total Balance : 2000 drk

ask 50 drk in 4 rounds
After denomination :
Total Balance : 1999.874 drk
Completion : 100 %
Anonymized : 117.00000018 drk

Fees : (10 X 0.0125) + 0.001 = 0.126

Hi, I'm sorry I don't have anything to report other than this version is awesome! It is handling everything that I throw at it with aplomb! You can tell it's close to ready by the lack of updates. In RC4 it seemed there was an update every day, here it's as smooth as butter.

Evan, you and the dev team are doing a great job, thank you!

I will continue to try and "break" the wallet, and come up with minor interface improvements.

Now if the Masternode voting and enforcement are perfected, I will be a very happy camper!

Tao

I've had a few crashes/terminations on Mac OSX 10.9.4. Both times the QT was running in the background and I was in another app.
3 out of 6 are running as masternodes, the other 3 are running normal clients

Code:
{
"54.68.81.45:19999" : 1,
"54.68.84.193:19999" : 1,
"54.68.88.75:19999" : 1,
}

Would it be practical for me to snapshot and replicate one of the client instances? Surely each one would only need a little tweak on launch...

That way I could up the number of clients running on testnet quite easily....

I've had a few crashes/terminations on Mac OSX 10.9.4. Both times the QT was running in the background and I was in another app.

Would it be practical for me to snapshot and replicate one of the client instances? Surely each one would only need a little tweak on launch...

That way I could up the number of clients running on testnet quite easily....
Maybe atavacron could give us some insight how he managed his 50 testnet nodes using SaltStack back in the days of RC3 - or even get him back joining testnet :)

Hey Guys,
The answer to flare's question is "Yes, someone is updating 50 masternodes at a time on the testnet". And I am that someone.
I'm trying to learn how to use a server management tool called SaltStack ( http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/index.html ). flare's chart matches my availability to upgrade the darkcoind daemon to Evan's latest version. It's rather quick hence the almost instant vertical climb back to ~70 masternodes. While unavailable, I let them run therefore they are responding to port pings on 19999.
If it is causing a problem, I can reduce the number of servers or take them offline. I had notice a while back that there were less than 10 masternodes on the testnet while 200+ remained on the mainnet. I thought I would try to help out while learning a new tool.
Apologies for the confusion.
atavacron

At 306.00000036 drk anonymized, i ask 307, 308, 309 and 310 drk to keep anonymized. Nothing happens. (alway 4 rounds)

Start at 311 drk ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back