• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Still haven't received an MN payment...

Anyone that can help me re-setup my MN? Previously Yidakee/GhostPlayer helped me out, but not seeing him online that much anymore..

Your IP looks okay (all green/port open).

If you wish to reinstall, I recommend a new IP and wallet address.

Even after the reinstall it might take few days for the first pay...

Please stay on topic.
Cross posting:

There is one thing that I am afraid of at the moment is the masternode payment (I know some masternode owners are worried also).
The feeling if you got many masternode as I do (did..), is that the payment is weird and really not random:
  • Some of my nodes were having up to 3 payments every day for 4 weeks consistently
  • Some others nothing AT ALL during the same period
As discussed on another thread, now that I did my block page I tried to do some payment repartition to check if there was something fishy.
Here is the graph I obtained (was done for RC4 only on 21/08/2014 and I know it should be finetuned, therefore why I didn't publish it back then):
5rQk2f9.png

As you can see on the graph:
  • The vast majority of the masternodes received 5 or less payments since RC4 went live
  • Next group had received between 6 and 9 payments
  • And then some lucky masternodes are receiving 18+ payments.
How can this be caused by just variance? The payee selection seems not smooth at all or we would see a much smoother graph.

I know it is a difficult analysis to do and I am not mathematician, so bare with me if this is completly useless data.
As proposed in another thread, all data is available (I can provide with dumps of my database).

Long post already, I better stop.

Have my MN since 1st July, had about 42 payments till RC4, about 10 payments since RC4 till updating to .32 version, no payments at all since 27th September. Amazon EC2 Tokyo, reinstalled this one (new ip, privkey, wallet, resync blockchain, peers) a week ago. This is really strange.
Another thing, there were more payments in a day when I got one (for ex., I had 3 days with 5 payments when there were 800 mn at the network and a lot of days without any payments).

*Ad* Investing in masternode farms is evening out the odds :) *Ad*

I'm still testing how reinstalling unpaid masternodes is having an impact on turnouts. Not having clear results yet.

How bout that variance!

3 masternodes with no payments since 8/31. Is there a concise writeup on the methodology for selection?

What is the absolute reason to even have variance at all? It sounds fishy to people.
I see other options. A fair split, 1 drk / # active nodes every mine payout.
That way, everyone is compensated equally.
Does this introduce too much complexity?
It'd be more trusted. We could verify its working properly. All celebrate we have mn online and receive some drk in short time.

If I could make Release Candidates for Darkcoin, I would make a version for a fair split for masternodes. Is there a blatant problem in that?

Anecdotally, Ive seen several posts that basically say the country where the MN is at seems to matter. If i were getting super bad luck i'd switch to nodes in another country, couldn't hurt...

Anecdotally, Ive seen several posts that basically say the country where the MN is at seems to matter. If i were getting super bad luck i'd switch to nodes in another country, couldn't hurt...

Couldn't hurt, but that wasn't my question. Is the payout scheme formally written up anywhere?

Have you tried using the masternode as an exit node for Darksend rounds, If your masternodes are not getting paid?

Is that in the configuration settings?

What is the absolute reason to even have variance at all? It sounds fishy to people.
I see other options. A fair split, 1 drk / # active nodes every mine payout.
That way, everyone is compensated equally.
Does this introduce too much complexity?
It'd be more trusted. We could verify its working properly. All celebrate we have mn online and receive some drk in short time.

If I could make Release Candidates for Darkcoin, I would make a version for a fair split for masternodes. Is there a blatant problem in that?
That would be a centralized system of payment, something like banking system, which is not what Darkcoin is all about. Evan said he wishes to implement a round robin system if he can figure out how to do it decentralized.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/losing-faith-in-drk.2210/page-3#post-18690
But right now he had to revert back to RC3 payment system, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the variance payment system.

The randomity is really strange here.

My masternodes act quite strange, some of them got payments more then they should have but some get payments once a week. At the end doing an average I get ~0,7drk/MN/day after all...

Hi,

The current weekly average I get is 0,6428 DRK per Masternode. Many pools still pay 10% only or don't pay at all. For example nicehash isn't nice at all ^^.
Anyways, it takes about 8 days here till the first payments show up after establishing a france based masternode.
All costs get covered with my current average income per masternode, but I can hardly wait till enforcements get enabled.

Hi,

The current weekly average I get is 0,6428 DRK per Masternode. Many pools still pay 10% only or don't pay at all. For example nicehash isn't nice at all ^^.
Anyways, it takes about 8 days here till the first payments show up after establishing a france based masternode.
All costs get covered with my current average income per masternode, but I can hardly wait till enforcements get enabled.

Its really good to hear somebody else say it takes 8 days to start receiving payments. It has taken me some months to gain a zen like calm that there is nothing wrong with my masternode and that the payments will come one day. My older nodes always pay better than my newer ones. Hearing 8 days actually makes me feel a little more sane after the stressing I went through as a total n00b!

Oh and for what its worth, nothing beats the awesome feeling when one of your masternodes goes on a "lucky" streak and bags ten payments in a couple of days :) It does happen on occasion.

Anyone that can help me re-setup my MN? Previously Yidakee/GhostPlayer helped me out, but not seeing him online that much anymore..

yidakee is back in buiseness
he set one up for me yesterday !
drop him a line !

The randomity is really strange here.

My masternodes act quite strange, some of them got payments more then they should have but some get payments once a week. At the end doing an average I get ~0,7drk/MN/day after all...

Random thing are always strange because they are, well, random.

If you want to quantify random events you have to look at the average result over a longer period of time (or with more Masternodes producing more results in the same time).

So, it's the rule, not the exception, that some get more and some get less than the expected average payment/MN/day.

Back