• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Charlie Shrem's failed Dashpay card

Sadly I feel like I've already wasted too much time on these forums. Every time I try to help it seems like either nobody cares or at least is willing to help.
This is pretty much it. If I'm going out and doing something on Dash's behalf and this is the thanks I get, and the suggestion is to vote to change the forum rules...?
ugh. Just ugh. Just like everything with this coin that had so much blown potential
I'm not going to waste time trying to fight the tide
gl all

Sadly I feel like I've already wasted too much time on these forums. Every time I try to help it seems like either nobody cares or at least is willing to help.
This is pretty much it. If I'm going out and doing something on Dash's behalf and this is the thanks I get, and the suggestion is to vote to change the forum rules...?
ugh. Just ugh. Just like everything with this coin that had so much blown potential
gl all
I have 3116 posts and you have 42. Do you imagine how much time I have wasted?
The only way to expose the bad moderation that occurs in this forum occasionaly, is to vote for strict forum rules that will not give enormous moderation power to the moderators.

For example, in your case, lets vote for a forum rule that forces the moderator to preserve the deleted post by sending it to the poster as private message (so that he can repost it without the bad words) . In case the moderator deletes a post without sending a copy as private message, he is banned from the forum for 1 month.

Last edited:
gl all

Feel free to repost, but without the vulgarity. The mod team is making a tremendous effort to be consistent. I hate to see them being faulted for both, not being consistent AND being consistent. Were you aware of the new rules, including no vulgarity? Serious question.

Taken care of.
By removing entire informative post because of one word?
I clearly see that @HedgedAndLevered is taking efforts in benefit of Dash and I understand his frustration ("If I'm going out and doing something on Dash's behalf and this is the thanks I get"), because deleting entire post looks like ingratitude.
If his only violation was "bad words" then you can edit his post by deleting only these "bad words" and, probably, give him a warning, so he will not do it next time (and this will be good mod practice which will force users to follow the rules, make them think how to write next time, and be friendly, so they don't think you treat them like s***)

To @HedgedAndLevered: You do good things, please continue. We do care.

By removing entire informative post because of one word?
I clearly see that @HedgedAndLevered is taking efforts in benefit of Dash and I understand his frustration ("If I'm going out and doing something on Dash's behalf and this is the thanks I get"), because deleting entire post looks like ingratitude.
If his only violation was "bad words" then you can edit his post by deleting only these "bad words" and, probably, give him a warning, so he will not do it next time (and this will be good mod practice which will force users to follow the rules, make them think how to write next time, and be friendly, so they don't think you treat them like s***)

To @HedgedAndLevered: You do good things, please continue. We do care.
I reiterate, the rules are clearly posted, and will be enforced. The posts made by users dictate my actions. I have no hard feelings toward anyone, and no opinions are being censored. If someone wants their content to remain visible, I would kindly ask them to adhere to the posted rules. It’s as simple as that.

I reiterate, the rules are clearly posted, and will be enforced. The posts made by users dictate my actions. I have no hard feelings toward anyone, and no opinions are being censored. If someone wants their content to remain visible, I would kindly ask them to adhere to the posted rules. It’s as simple as that.
I'm not talking about enforcing or not enforcing rules. I'm talking about how to enforce them softly without using a sledgehammer to crack a nut and without making people angry and frustrated like in this case (man with good intention said f it and left because of this sledgehammer-like enforcement!).
Can you at least consider the idea of editing posts with warning in cases when this is enough?

I'm not talking about enforcing or not enforcing rules. I'm talking about how to enforce them softly without using a sledgehammer to crack a nut and without making people angry and frustrated like in this case (man with good intention said f it and left because of this sledgehammer-like enforcement!).
Can you at least consider the idea of editing posts with warning in cases when this is enough?
I have in fact tried this response, and ran into the same criticisms that you are offering today. You can’t please everyone, that’s the nature of the beast. As well, I do offer reasons for post deletion every time I take that action.

Moderation is a thankless job, and one I’d prefer to keep simple. If we lose a few people that can’t handle posting long messages without swearing, than so be it. This forum will be better off and present a quality of professionalism with the ones who remain, and we should attract more like-minded individuals as has already happened on Discord. I am supported by the masternode network on this way of thinking, and until that changes, I will be performing my duties as I see fit. Thank you for your feedback.

hahaha forgot about this
gotta say taoofsatoshi did me a pretty big favor being so rude to get me the he....ck out of this sh.... crapshow (is that language ok?)
hope ya'll enjoyed the ride to double digits
been chillin in btc
would advise everyone else to ditch this s***coin and read the bitcoin standard if you don't understand why btc is the only way yet

@TaoOfSatoshi: Last seen Oct 18, 2021
@HedgedAndLevered you are still here.

The moderators (Tao, Tungfa etc), after doing enormous bad in the dash community, fortunately they finally died.
And I hope they will never come back as moderators (they are always welcome of course, but only as ordinary members)

Last edited:
hahaha forgot about this
gotta say taoofsatoshi did me a pretty big favor being so rude to get me the he....ck out of this sh.... crapshow (is that language ok?)
hope ya'll enjoyed the ride to double digits
been chillin in btc
would advise everyone else to ditch this s***coin and read the bitcoin standard if you don't understand why btc is the only way yet
Got me at a disadvantage because I haven't read The Bitcoin Standard, but I want to say, bitcoin is not the only crypto project out there with a passionate community. So long there is one developer and two passionate users, the project might qualify as legitimate and useful.

I do understand what you're saying though. Fortunately I was selling while others were saying I was crazy. At this very moment in time I am on the fence. Dash has a LOT to do to get anywhere near it's former self. Not impossible but it might take a long time.

Can you summarize which parts of The Bitcoin Standard pertain to dash / alts?

Back