• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Problem upgrading Masternodes to 12.3

Technologov

When I installed Dash Masternode on Linux with 12.2, I downloaded like this:

wget https://www.dash.org/binaries/dashcore-0.12.2.3-linux64.tar.gz

The problem is: This command with 12.3 fails:
wget https://www.dash.org/binaries/dashcore-0.12.3.1-linux64.tar.gz

Any links?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I solved it.

The new commands for 12.3 are:
wget https://github.com/dashpay/dash/rel...3.1/dashcore-0.12.3.1-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz
tar xvf dashcore-0.12.3.1-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz
~/dashcore-0.12.3/bin/dashd &

Last edited:
Another question: Is Sentinel needed for 12.3 ? Once article said it's not required anymore.

Is it required for 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 ? (seems to be only for 12.1 and 12.2, but I'm not sure...)

Another question: Is Sentinel needed for 12.3 ? Once article said it's not required anymore.

Is it required for 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 ? (seems to be only for 12.1 and 12.2, but I'm not sure...)

My Sentinel Version = 1.1.0, according to Dash Ninjia. (I just upgraded to Daemon Version 0.12.3.2, Protocol=70210)...

How do I upgrade my Sentinel to Version 1.2.0? (I just wanna know how to do it, even if it's not 100% required...)

thanks!

My Sentinel Version = 1.1.0, according to Dash Ninjia. (I just upgraded to Daemon Version 0.12.3.2, Protocol=70210)...

How do I upgrade my Sentinel to Version 1.2.0? (I just wanna know how to do it, even if it's not 100% required...)

thanks!
You need the updated version of sentinel, otherwise your MN will be not paid on the new protocol.
Use this, copy, paste :)
Code:
cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel/
git pull && git rev-parse HEAD && git checkout master

You need the updated version of sentinel, otherwise your MN will be not paid on the new protocol.
Use this, copy, paste :)
Code:
cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel/

Hi, thanks for the command line tip!

I did it , and it looks like it's the right version already. What's the command line for check on the status of one's masternode? is there a list of commands somewhere you can share? thanks!

Also, I'm wondering why does DASH NINJIA show that I have 1.1.0 when my VPS shows 1.2.0 ? any insight would be appreciated.

thanks!

Attachments

• sentinel status.png
    sentinel status.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 88
Give it time and it will change.
Use this command to see if you are ok with your MN on the protocol and version side:
Code:
dash-cli getinfo
dash-cli masternode status
dash-cli masternode list full | grep "your_dash_address"

Code:
cd ~/.dashcore/sentinel/

But I'm already on master, it seems! Is this strictly necessary, or a "just in case somebody did something weird" thing? The masternodes show as successfully started, so I presume this is a "just in case" thing.

Code:
[dash@dash1 sentinel]$ git rev-parse HEAD
4f23b81f4d4a7ee2810dd49f1e4c1675501f553d
[dash@dash1 sentinel]$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

All right @error then, if you want you can PM your addy and I can double check if all is fine or just monitor it on dashninja :)

All right @error then, if you want you can PM your addy and I can double check if all is fine or just monitor it on dashninja :)

My masternodes are showing as active (100%) on dashninja. My question was about the strange git commands, not the masternode status.

My masternodes are showing as active (100%) on dashninja. My question was about the strange git commands, not the masternode status.
Ahhh those are just for double check nothing more.
Good for you ;)

Back