• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash v12.3 Release Announcement - available July 3rd

bob

We are pleased to announce the release of Dash version 12.3, which improves InstantSend and lays additional foundation for Dash Evolution. The upgrade is complete, tested, and ready for release. Although ready now, as with past releases we feel it is prudent to wait until after the next superblock to officially release. EDIT: Version 12.3 will be generally available after the next superblock which occurs around 13:00 UTC on July 3, 2018.

We encourage all masternode operators, exchanges, pools and explorers to update to version 12.3, as the upgrade will be required in order to continue receiving rewards. For masternode operators, the upgrade will require a restart.

The upgrade will include a new devnets feature to enable the creation of multiple independent devnets. Each devnet is identified by a name which is hardened into a “devnet genesis” block and is automatically positioned at height 1 block. This upgrade will also lower the number of inputs designated to each wallet, improve user privacy by eliminating the merging together of small non-private inputs, and decrease UTXO set size.

Last edited:
excellent news for dash !!! Hope everything goes well! and to keep innovating to make dash the most used cryptocurrency in the world!

We are pleased to announce the release of Dash version 12.3, which improves InstantSend and lays additional foundation for Dash Evolution. The upgrade is complete, tested, and ready for release. Although ready now, as with past releases we feel it is prudent to wait until after the next superblock to officially release. EDIT: Version 12.3 will be generally available after the next superblock which occurs around 13:00 UTC on July 3, 2018.

We encourage all masternode operators, exchanges, pools and explorers to update to version 12.3, as the upgrade will be required in order to continue receiving rewards. For masternode operators, the upgrade will require a restart.

The upgrade will include a new devnets feature to enable the creation of multiple independent devnets. Each devnet is identified by a name which is hardened into a “devnet genesis” block and is automatically positioned at height 1 block. This upgrade will also lower the number of inputs designated to each wallet, improve user privacy by eliminating the merging together of small non-private inputs, and decrease UTXO set size.

What is devnet? Could you interpret it? Thanks.

What is devnet? Could you interpret it? Thanks.
It’s a way to spin up your own private version of a testing network. So that you can experiment with various aspects of dash in a controlled environment. Currently there is only one test network, and when someone breaks something on it, everyone has to stop testing until it gets relaunched.

Dash version 12.3, which improves InstantSend
Care to elaborate on the IS improvements? What was wrong with it? What is better now?

Is it ready yet? [/snark]
lays additional foundation for Dash Evolution.
How close does this get DASH to having an official chain-optional DAPI client (a merge of core and electrum so to speak)? ProofOfChain and chain query service from MNs added to PoSe?

A client that allows the user to choose to go legacy and download the chain, or DAPI all chain data offa da MNs and make 'em serve it if they wanna get paid. So it's got both in one.

It would at least be a first step for DAPI and demo it using data already present; the blockchain.

Seems like the obvious, logical thing to do...

If not, exactly what "foundation" does this lay?
It’s a way to spin up your own private version of a testing network. So that you can experiment with various aspects of dash in a controlled environment. Currently there is only one test network, and when someone breaks something on it, everyone has to stop testing until it gets relaunched.
wut?

I still have no idea what it is, why I should care, and why time was spent making this thing that wasn't mentioned anywhere ever on any roadmap type thingy...

By the OP's description, it doesn't have anything to do with testing/testnet. And even if it does, why is it on mainnet?

Compared with version 12.23, what changes does 12.3 have made on building MNs? When will the technical guides be provided?

Compared with version 12.23, what changes does 12.3 have made on building MNs? When will the technical guides be provided?
I don’t believe there are any procedural changes to setting up a Masternode with 12.3, maybe @bob will correct me if I’m wrong, but there will be for 12.4. For that I will be updating my guide as soon as possible.

I don’t believe there are any procedural changes to setting up a Masternode with 12.3, maybe @bob will correct me if I’m wrong, but there will be for 12.4. For that I will be updating my guide as soon as possible.

I can go ahead and field this one -- no, there aren't any special changes for 12.3, and the normal re-start is required due to the protocol bump (meaning, MNOs can/should wait for their next payment, then update their DashCore version and issue a new "masternode start"). Also, don't forget to update to the latest Sentinel master.

I can go ahead and field this one -- no, there aren't any special changes for 12.3, and the normal re-start is required due to the protocol bump (meaning, MNOs can/should wait for their next payment, then update their DashCore version and issue a new "masternode start"). Also, don't forget to update to the latest Sentinel master.

+
version number !
change manually in DMT

Last edited:
Back