• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Dash Adoption in Atlanta - Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy

Nick Tucker

Our Mission:

Our proposal is to make Atlanta Georgia a Dash-friendly city. This will be done through training the community, pushing merchant adoption, and introducing Dash to the colleges and universities here in Atlanta. In addition, the media products we create will be globally accessible, introducing Dash to the world in a way that has never been done before.

Why Atlanta?

ATL is becoming the blockchain capital of the world and Dash is nowhere to be seen. No current meetups, no advertising, no consulting, no training, and no merchant adoption. The Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy wants to be the one-stop shop for all of this, and introduce Dash to the growing and diverse crypto community in this “city too busy to hate.”

Dash is currency for people who want to live free. This captures the spirit of so many people in Atlanta. The Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy is already established as the go-to place for crypto education, socializing, and networking. It relies on sponsorship from within the industry and is seeking a diverse group.

We chose the name “Bitcoin” not because the Embassy represents the “maximalist” position but rather because this is the most recognizable name in the space. The Embassy is all about reaching people, and the Bitcoin name does this best of all for now.

That said, the ethos of the Embassy is about choice in currency, choice in assets, and security of property. Dash, with its innovative governance structure and agility as a money, fits beautifully within our mission. This is why our Vault Logic ATM, located right in our office, can distribute Dash daily.

Our Request:

We are requesting 40 Dash per month for 3 months (July 2018 - September 2018) to accomplish our goals and bring Dash to Atlanta. Requesting a total Summer budget of 120 Dash.

ROI For Dash:
  • 10 new merchants accepting Dash

• Opening of at least 600 wallets in Atlanta

• 3 large-scale Dash events held in Atlanta.

• Dash video series from one of the best short filmmakers in the business, hired at a bargain rate.

• Pushing Dash awareness and benefits to Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy visitors (at least 500 people per month).

• The top screen of the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy’s ATM will advertise and push the purchase of DASH.

• 24/7 1-on-1 training and consulting on Dash topics through the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy consultant network.

• Free office space for Dash ambassadors that visit Atlanta.

• Dash promoted as a sponsor of the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy

• Dash Swag in the Bitcoin Embassy for the community of Atlanta to become familiar.

• Dash branding on Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy website.
Dash Summer Meetups
  1. August - Blockchain overview and Dash 101 at the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy
  2. September - How and why to use Dash in your business at the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy
  3. October - Blockchain overview and Dash 101 at a local university (Georgia Tech, Emory, or Georgia State).
iframe>

view

Dash Budget

0XAg3rZcUwE614FJVcAb-lM-UlTEn5fDgcNGvvFr0I7-GR-riOnQzjZkBSnS2Keaipi-N4xTOXCk6-cvH-mLyS2mi6g2_Ijtbry94bo1ikldxKEDJ9YYC3-jkJKt-XvlpKpneey4

Last edited:
I also thought Atlanta was a great spot for Dash to target. Best of luck! Big city full of college campuses!

I would recommend DASH voters dive deeper into the relationship between Bitcoin Cash and the Bitcoin Embassy here. This sounds like a well intended plan, but I do believe the current sponsorship for "The Bitcoin Embassy" in Atlanta, comes from Bitcoin Cash, and given recent behavior on the public stage of Roger Ver and Craig Wright, not to mention their close affiliation to Bitmain, I would definitely recommend a closer look, with those facts in mind. Still could be a good idea, but I noticed Nick did not mention BCH in this listing, and it is worth being aware of.

I would recommend DASH voters dive deeper into the relationship between Bitcoin Cash and the Bitcoin Embassy here. This sounds like a well intended plan, but I do believe the current sponsorship for "The Bitcoin Embassy" in Atlanta, comes from Bitcoin Cash, and given recent behavior on the public stage of Roger Ver and Craig Wright, not to mention their close affiliation to Bitmain, I would definitely recommend a closer look, with those facts in mind. Still could be a good idea, but I noticed Nick did not mention BCH in this listing, and it is worth being aware of.

I mean I'm torn, the proposal seems totally legit and Jeffrey Tucker is obviously very bright and good at raising funds, and likely was able to get BCH to fund with his obvious charm and charisma, and perhaps they'll ultimately evolve away from BCH, it's just so misleading for Bitcoin Cash to have purchased Bitcoin.com and falsely represent, and literally every time Roger Ver or Craig Wright open their mouths, they just sound more and more like snake oil salesmen. Jeffrey Tucker and his team do seem legit, and I love the idea of a Bitcoin Embassy in Atlanta, and I WOULD MUCH RATHER It be associated with Dash than Bitcoin Cash, but they just have got to drop the BCH sponsorship for me to take them seriously, I don't care if Wright does, as he said "Have more money than your country" in Rwanda like last week, you just don't treat people like that, and if your assoicated with people like that you are going to have to explain and be liable for those actions. Roger Ver and his "Babies are dying" antics, they are just absurd, and taint the movement, which is already vulnerable to media attacks.

fake satoshi

Ver spaz out

I mean I'm torn, the proposal seems totally legit and Jeffrey Tucker is obviously very bright and good at raising funds, and likely was able to get BCH to fund with his obvious charm and charisma, and perhaps they'll ultimately evolve away from BCH, it's just so misleading for Bitcoin Cash to have purchased Bitcoin.com and falsely represent, and literally every time Roger Ver or Craig Wright open their mouths, they just sound more and more like snake oil salesmen. Jeffrey Tucker and his team do seem legit, and I love the idea of a Bitcoin Embassy in Atlanta, and I WOULD MUCH RATHER It be associated with Dash than Bitcoin Cash, but they just have got to drop the BCH sponsorship for me to take them seriously, I don't care if Wright does, as he said "Have more money than your country" in Rwanda like last week, you just don't treat people like that, and if your assoicated with people like that you are going to have to explain and be liable for those actions. Roger Ver and his "Babies are dying" antics, they are just absurd, and taint the movement, which is already vulnerable to media attacks.

fake satoshi

Ver spaz out

Go to the 37 minute mark to here Ver espouse how Bitcoin blocksize is killing babies.

Thanks for your feedback! We are completely transparent about our current sponsors. Here's the list on our website. Now I do understand the concern with the Bitcoin.com partnership but remember that while we chose the name, the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy, we are the central organizing hub for teaching, training, and networking on all blockchain technology topics. That being the case, we welcome a diverse group of sponsors. Funding from the BTC community is fantastic. Funding from the BCH community is wonderful as well. We believe that educated users can make proper decisions about what they want to use and invest in.

We are coming to Dash for sponsorship simply because we are huge fans of Dash and believe that it could change Atlanta. I want to help train and educate my community on the incredible benefits of this technology.

Again, I really appreciate your feedback and welcome any more you might have!

"Funding from the BTC community is fantastic. Funding from the BCH community is wonderful as well." While I understand the sentiment of money from anywhere in the community is a positive, I think the relationship between BCH and Bitmain, and their potential relationship as ALL Chinese companies have with one of the worst authoritarian governments still in existence today, might make funding from this source suspect. I would love to know more about the relationship between BCH and Bitmain before I took money from them. The Chinese are very good at and have been caught red handed trying to influence so many college university campuses and I think further investigation here is definitely warranted.

I certainly appreciate that the Bitcoin Embassy is transparent about their relationships and sponsorship from Bitcoin.com however I'm not sure that money from any source is necessarily a good thing. As we can see in our current political state for instance, money from Russia, might not be deemed such a good thing for certain parties.

I think these "embassy"-based projects are often more helpful than simple conferences despite being fairly similar in costs per month because they bring a central, regular place and location that people can associate with Dash, a place they know they can do if they have questions or want to get involved, etc. Tucker himself has been an ardent cryptocurrency advocate and has historically been one of the recognizable faces in the industry that has always seen Dash in a positive light and given it a fair treatment, even to openly speak in its favor on a number of occasions. The location, the timing, and the people involved make for a pretty good recipe.

Could you tell us a little bit more about the nature of your involvement with the BTC Embassy? Will you share office space, personnel, events? How distinct will the two entities be?

I think these "embassy"-based projects are often more helpful than simple conferences despite being fairly similar in costs per month because they bring a central, regular place and location that people can associate with Dash, a place they know they can do if they have questions or want to get involved, etc. Tucker himself has been an ardent cryptocurrency advocate and has historically been one of the recognizable faces in the industry that has always seen Dash in a positive light and given it a fair treatment, even to openly speak in its favor on a number of occasions. The location, the timing, and the people involved make for a pretty good recipe.

Could you tell us a little bit more about the nature of your involvement with the BTC Embassy? Will you share office space, personnel, events? How distinct will the two entities be?

Great feedback thanks! I work out of the Bitcoin Embassy as COO. As shown in our budget, I've split the funding request into two categories. The first is for 3 Dash specific conferences here in Atlanta, a video series showing Dash adoption in Atlanta, and a couple other benchmarks for merchant and user adoption.

The second category of funding is for Dash to become a gold sponsor of the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy. This means that every day when users visit our office, they can get to know the Dash brand, snag some swag, and even buy Dash on our ATM. We also give a quick pitch for each of our sponsors at our weekly happy hours and any meetup we host. Lastly, we will happily provide office space for any Dash ambassadors visiting Atlanta.

So those 3 Dash conferences and the video series will be completely focused on Dash. As a sponsor, users will get to know Dash as another trusted brand of the Bitcoin Embassy. This is the reason we have so many visitors. They are interested in getting to know the top companies and players in the crypto sector.

Again, thanks for your awesome feedback and let me know if you have any other questions!

I can recall a few years back when I was handed my first Dash tee, and thinking wow here we go, a way to push against the conservatism of BTC and actually innovate! So the opportunity to deplore the infrastructure of the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy (and the growing network) on behalf of Dash adoption is very exciting to me. The idea was further reinforced at Libertopia this year, where I listened to some great presentations about Dash. It seems like such a natural partnership.

I can recall a few years back when I was handed my first Dash tee, and thinking wow here we go, a way to push against the conservatism of BTC and actually innovate! So the opportunity to deplore the infrastructure of the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy (and the growing network) on behalf of Dash adoption is very exciting to me. The idea was further reinforced at Libertopia this year, where I listened to some great presentations about Dash. It seems like such a natural partnership.
We're glad to have you on board helping us grow Dash Nation, Jeffrey!

Back