• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum 3.0.6 released

PPA for Ubuntu (and Mint) is ready.
Where can I find this ppa? Might be nice to have a link/info right on the electurm.dash.org page. Perhaps this might make my issue go away. Otherwise, wondering if you might have chance to help me.

Did the upgrade from previous version to 3.0.6, and now I cannot get it to work with Trezor. This is on a Ubuntu 18.04 system, if that matters.
Output is:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/***/Downloads/Electrum-DASH-3.0.6/lib/plugins.py", line 151, in get_hardware_support
    p = self.get_plugin(name)
  File "/home/***/Downloads/Electrum-DASH-3.0.6/lib/plugins.py", line 179, in get_plugin
    self.load_plugin(name)
  File "/home/***/Downloads/Electrum-DASH-3.0.6/lib/plugins.py", line 104, in load_plugin
    plugin = p.Plugin(self, self.config, name)
  File "/home/***/Downloads/Electrum-DASH-3.0.6/plugins/trezor/trezor.py", line 22, in __init__
    self.types = trezorlib.client.types
AttributeError: module 'trezorlib.client' has no attribute 'types'

Any assistance is most appreciated.

Hey Akhavr,

Nice piece of software you've put together there :)
I've been trying to install ED in Tails, but the build falls over at x11-hash :( (It's the only part that doesn't like my gcc).
I ended up building it all in a chrooted install of Debian on a QNAP NAS, and now I'm trying to find all the files so I can just pack them up and slip them into Tails so I can use it as a cold wallet. Could you give me some pointers on where to hunt them all down, thanks?
That will get me going 'til I learn how to make a .deb of it.

Have fun!
Radar =8^)

From `x11-hash` you need just `.so` file. Will talk to my team about Tails though..

It would help if you'd post more detailed compilation logs.

Sorry, I didn't think to save the logs :( It was only x11-hash that fell over whilst looking for gcc x86_64, which isn't available on Tails atm :(
I'll do a fresh install of Tails and try 3.0.6.1 in a couple of days, 'cos Win10 decided to boot the boot info in a fit of jealousy. Had to do a fresh install, and am now waiting on the sod to finish updating before I can do anything else.

I'll keep the logs next time around.

Have fun
Radar =8^)

I've asked my dev to look, he's now connecting pip3 to the pypi. How did you perform this? Or did you download packages first and then build offline?

Downloaded ED through Win10, transfered to Tails via USB stick.

Tried running the build offline, got told of a bunch of dependencies.

Got online with Tails, grabbed some, but I guess I must've missed a couple, 'cos I got told to go get more.

Cleaned up my work dir, got the rest of the packages (though the gui package manager was telling me it was getting one thing when I'd told it to get another).

After a couple of more cycles of getting online for packages, then offline to run the install script, clean up, (no reboots in between), I decided to stay online and kept kicking it 'til I tripped over on x11-hash.

After that, I put a copy on my NAS, ran the script, and ran ED via ssh as quick as a flash... Too easy! ;)

Try this to get x11-hash on Tails:

Code:
wget https://launchpad.net/~akhavr/+archive/ubuntu/dash-electrum/+files/python3-x11-hash_1.4-0ppa3~ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i python3-x11-hash_1.4-0ppa3~ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb

Last edited:
Hey Akhavr,

Got tripped up by PySocks this time. Here's the final output...

Searching for PySocks>=1.6.6
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/PySocks/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/PySocks/: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution -- Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't retrieve index page for 'PySocks'
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution -- Some packages may not be found!
No local packages or working download links found for PySocks>=1.6.6
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('PySocks>=1.6.6')

Which reminds me... That was the first error I had with x11-hash when I was online...

Another thing that comes to mind with Tails is that if we're pulling any runtime dependencies, we're going to have to update /live/persistence/TailsData\_unlocked/live-additional-software.conf so that they're re-installed each login, (I'm not too sure how it's done, as I've only been playing with Tails since Thursday night, and Win10 went belly-up on Saturday afternoon).

Have fun!
Radar =8^)

(edit...) Did a few tests, adding/omitting dependency packages from live-additional-software.conf, and the results were not good...
Not only did DE fail to reload on reboot... All files listed in there failed :(
So, basically, to build a Tails-specific package, you would have to track the deepest dependencies, and list them in the correct order so as to not break users' ability to effectively use their persistent partition/directory structure :(

Last edited:
Now this is crazy...

Just searched for "PySocks pypi" and the first hit is for version 1.6.8...

The next hit is older, and is marked as Moved Permanently... Same thing happened with x11-hash... Maybe PyPi's indexing is falling over when it comes across a file with the same name, regardless of version numbers.

Time for a feed, methinks.

Have fun! =8^)

Downloaded PySocks1.6.8, installed it, then retried installing ED...

We're good! :)

Just ran a quick start-up test... I don't want to make another mess for myself to clean up ;) I've got to collect 4 years' worth of prices for 28 currency pairs for forex trading within the next 10 hours, and my scripts are that old that they're defunct...

Have Fun! =8^)

Electrum-DASH 3.0.6.1 win64
Ledger Nano S 1.4.2
DASH App 1.2.5

Error on opening existing wallet or creating new:

upload_2018-5-20_16-37-41.png

Back