• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Basilpop, the Dash subreddit moderator, does not have the temperament to moderate that community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have created a new forum users just because I don't want to link my Dash Forum account with my reddit one.

Basilpop does not have the temperament to moderate a Dash subreddit and I propose he is replaced by someone more patient, willing to help, and not so aggressive towards members.

It all started when this reddit user "MikeBam" posted some criticism about Bradley. I cannot link to the reddit post because this is a new user account, but just search for this on the dash subreddit.

Dash's Global Director of Business Development, Bradley Zastrow, has been in his position for almost 6 months now. He hasn't hired a single person for his team, and hasn't announced any integration or partnership. His updates are [redacted] or vague ("30+ conversations"). Is it time we do something?

Whether I agree with this post or not is not the point. Basilpop, dismissed the opinions of another member by calling him ignorant and an "outsider". I pointed out that just calling him ignorant doesn't help with anything and whether is is an "outsider" or not has no relevance to whether his opinions are true or false.

reddit-comment.png

Long story short, I was banned.

I'll post the entire chat here for you to judge. I am very sad that someone like Basilpop is in a position and I hope he is removed. I would hope Dash would have moderators that don't judge members on whether they're new or not, that don't call them ignorant at all (especially without showing where they might be wrong) and that actually educates new users with all the real facts. Calmly.
Here is the chat in it's entirety.

Ask yourself if this is the sort of moderator you want for the Dash subreddit.

screencapture-reddit-r-dashpay.png

After this last reddit post he banned me, so I went to try and have a conversation with him via chat.

screencapture-full.png

Last edited:
Well I don't care about linking Reddit to my forum profile as anyone who doesn't live under a rock knows I am said mod, so here goes.

It's interesting how you omit crucial information here. You make it look like you were banned for a simple disagreement. Let's look at a screenshot of the actual reason for the ban:

tiMipaY.png

You claim r/dashpay moderators attack others on a regular basis. We have a rule on our subreddit which states that no user shall pass speculation as fact (Rule 6) and this is a heavy speculation/accusation that cannot remain unaddressed, so I requested you to back up that statement or face a temporary ban for subreddit-rule violation. You provided a single link to a single comment ("regular basis"?) in which objectively no ad-hominem took place as anyone can verify right here

I gave you another chance which you blew by insisting on the invalid example from before so the ban was enacted exactly as announced.

To give the community a full account of what happened, here's the thread that link was taken from, with emphasis and remarks (the rest speaks for itself):

Xgvduci.png

Your behaviour previous to this incident was erratic as well to say the least. These are some of the repetitive comments I was referring to as "crusade" where you accuse anyone you disagree with of using "personal attacks" or "ad hominems" where none took place.

3TKbUe2.png

You seem like an oversensitive SJW snowflake to me with way too thin skin to ever use any internet message board at all.

I stand firmly by my decision.

Last edited:
You seem like an oversensitive SJW snowflake to me with way too thin skin to ever use any internet message board at all.

I rest my case on the above.

Basilpop / Macrochip does not have the proper temperament to be a moderator. This is not the kind of person we want speaking on the behalf of the Dash community.

I rest my case on the above.

Basilpop / Macrochip does not have the proper temperament to be a moderator. This is not the kind of person we want speaking on the behalf of the Dash community.

So that's the best you've got? Proving my very point? How about you address the mountain of evidence I just presented against your claim of me banning you on a casual disagreement?

Another gem.

Macrochip / Basilpop now decides who is a member of the Dash community or not.

Imagine all the millions of dollars Dash spend on marketing and we now have this guy representing Dash's values and speaking on behalf of the community as a moderator.

basilpop.png

I thought your case was resting? Thanks for repeating what I just posted though. *facepalm*

Edit:

I present

The Reasonable Person's Guide To Ad-Hominems:

Gc68PL6.png

The right half implies there's evidence to back up the term, the left half cannot reasonably be backed up by anything as the terms are plain insults.

If you disagree with that table, please explain in detail why.

Last edited:
I have to comment as well. Personally got a lifetime ban today from basilpop because I said the word “moronic” to him on Reddit.

If 2 people getting bans in the same day are complaining I think it’s justifiable to say he’s using ad hominem attacks to keep his Reddit the way he personally likes it.

Both post stemmed in controversial topics. If you just visit the Reddit it’s mostly dead anyway. I’m assuming he banned all the active members.

It happens to me today as well. A member insulted me first, then deleted his comments. @Macrochip / Basilpop gave the guy who started just a warning, but decided to ban me for 14 days.

I am banned for 14 days from DASHPAY reddit because I said the word "fuck". That's how I talk, surely a warning would suffice?

macrochip is a joke.png

The Reasonable Person's Guide To Ad-Hominems:

Gc68PL6.png

The right half implies there's evidence to back up the term, the left half cannot reasonably be backed up by anything as the terms are plain insults.

If you disagree with that table, please explain in detail why.

@randomalbum I'm not sure why you tagged me - I am a moderator on the discord, not reddit, and I have nothing to do with deciding who has moderator privileges on Reddit.

But, since you do seem to be asking for me to weigh in, I will say this. I disagree with @Macrochip's table above, in the sense that I think all 6 of the terms can be used as ad-hominems, and it is also possible for none of them to be ad-hominems. The ones on the left side are more rude and probably can't be evidenced. The ones on the right are more descriptive and potentially could be evidenced. However, whether or not describing a person in this way constitutes an ad-hominems depends on whether or not the description is being used in an argument.

Note the difference:
"He is an ignorant outsider, therefore his statement about Dash is wrong" would be an ad-hominem, because the premise is a description of the person and the conclusion does not follow.
"His statement about Dash is wrong, therefore he is an ignorant outsider" is not an ad-hominem because the description of the person is not being used as the premise of an argument.
"He is an ignorant outsider, and I am tired of retarded morons like him posting here" would also not be an ad-hominem, because there is no argument. However it would be a rude statement.

From what I am able to tell, what @Macrochip said was not an ad-hominem, in my opinion. But I am using the more formal definition of the term, not as it is sometimes used colloquially to be synonymous with "insult" or "unsubstantiated insult".

If you are asking me whether I would have responded in the same way that macrochip did, then I would say no. However, if you have a problem with the way the reddit is being moderated, then complaining to me or anyone else who isn't a subreddit administrator is unlikely to accomplish anything.

It happens to me today as well. A member insulted me first, then deleted his comments. @Macrochip / Basilpop gave the guy who started just a warning, but decided to ban me for 14 days.

I am banned for 14 days from DASHPAY reddit because I said the word "fuck". That's how I talk, surely a warning would suffice?

View attachment 7259
I got lifetime ban for saying “moronic” never had a warning or ban before that

I have to comment as well. Personally got a lifetime ban today from basilpop because I said the word “moronic” to him on Reddit.

If 2 people getting bans in the same day are complaining I think it’s justifiable to say he’s using ad hominem attacks to keep his Reddit the way he personally likes it.

Both post stemmed in controversial topics. If you just visit the Reddit it’s mostly dead anyway. I’m assuming he banned all the active members.

Why are you still here? Didn't you sell all your coins because the evil greedy Masternodes didn't want to share with you something you were never entitled to in the first place? Please don't try to make this about ad hominems as well, you were banned during an entirely different conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with this one.

qnjAxtO.png

You even had the audacity to ask why you were banned in the mod-mail. Are you serious?

View attachment 7259

It's easy to make up anything if the other person deleted their comment, so nobody can independently assess what was actually said, isn't it?
I hereby testify that the user who deleted their comment did not directly insult anyone like mikebam did. The comment consisted of a faux resume from OP with silly qualifications like "advanced memery" and "basic concern troll tactics" and such stuff. No direct insult took place, hence the warning not to further provoke him anymore. The comment did not warrant a ban and despite me being unable to prove that now, you have to take my word and my past track record of honesty for it. I have no horse in this race and I don't care for either party in that debate. The rules are the rules and the only reason mikebam wasn't permanently banned was due to him being a mid-to-longterm community member, not some random nobody.

Btw: I thought you were going to publish our DM-conversation from Discord?? No worries, I'll do it for ya:

4IpO6vu.png

Why are you still here? Didn't you sell all your coins because the evil greedy Masternodes didn't want to share with you something you were never entitled to in the first place? Please don't try to make this about ad hominems as well, you were banned during an entirely different conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with this one.

qnjAxtO.png

You even had the audacity to ask why you were banned in the mod-mail. Are you serious?

It's easy to make up anything if the other person deleted their comment, so nobody can independently assess what was actually said, isn't it?
I hereby testify that the user who deleted their comment did not directly insult anyone like mikebam did. The comment consisted of a faux resume from OP with silly qualifications like "advanced memery" and "basic concern troll tactics" and such stuff. No direct insult took place, hence the warning not to further provoke him anymore. The comment did not warrant a ban and despite me being unable to prove that now, you have to take my word and my past track record of honesty for it. I have no horse in this race and I don't care for either party in that debate. The rules are the rules and the only reason mikebam wasn't permanently banned was due to him being a mid-to-longterm community member, not some random nobody.

Btw: I thought you were going to publish our DM-conversation from Discord?? No worries, I'll do it for ya:

4IpO6vu.png
To answer I still have 150 Dash invested. You are very wrong. Maybe you should read my post more carefully before just assuming.

Of course I asked you... I didn’t know saying the word “moronic” would lead to a lifetime ban. Maybe I should have just said “Go F yourself” for a 14 day ban?

To answer I still have 150 Dash invested. You are very wrong. Maybe you should read my post more carefully before just assuming.

Of course I asked you... I didn’t know saying the word “moronic” would lead to a lifetime ban. Maybe I should have just said “Go F yourself” for a 14 day ban?

The result would've been the same. Do you know why? Because there was no prior provocation to warrant such a reaction. Your insult came out of the blue just because I corrected your false statement about the VCO causing inflation.

The result would've been the same. Do you know why? Because there was no prior provocation to warrant such a reaction. Your insult came out of the blue just because I corrected your false statement about the VCO causing inflation.
But you were incorrect and what you did say actually was pretty moronic. To say that Kuvacash never inflated Dash is none sense lol

But you were incorrect and what you did say actually was pretty moronic. To say that Kuvacash never inflated Dash is none sense lol

Thank you for confirming how correct my decision was to permanently ban you from r/dashpay. With that behaviour you won't last long on this forum either.

Also “no prior provocation” are you saying you provoked “Go F yourself”?

@Macrochip / Basilpop

Your role as a moderator is not "being right"! You have this obsessive necessity of being right all the time. You banned me for disagreeing over the definition of ad-hominem. A good moderator would have defused the situation. Instead, you escalated it to a whole new level. With me, with mikebam, with MizzyMax and many other users.

You are not a friendly person, you do not have the patience or the temperament to manage a community, even though you might have all the facts right.

I'm going to list plenty of examples of you being unnecessarily rude, using unprofessional language, failing to defuse a situation, escalating problems, and just out right being a jerk to other users. I want to be clear that I will fight for your right to be a jerk and say whatever you want, because I respect free speech, but not as a Dash Moderator.

All these messages are just within the last 30 days.

@TroyDASH , @fernando , @Ryan Taylor , @amanda_b_johnson , @coingun, @tungfa , @Bradley Zastrow , @Dashmaximalist , @TaoOfSatoshi , @splawik21 , @mastermined , @kot , @alex-ru , @QuantumExplorer @JGCMiner

Is @Macrochip the kind of person you want speaking for the Dash Community?
Does it look like he is welcoming to new members and contribute to healthy discussions?

Remember, this is only from the last 30 days. And before someone comments on my post history, I am not a Dash moderator and do not speak for any community.

I don't doubt he is a good member of the community, that he likes to be right all the time and probably is, but he is not a good moderator for Dash in any way, shape or form. Please remove him as a moderator, and set up official standards for the others.

Last edited:
Establishing official policies for moderator (and user) conduct, and procedures for how to review and handle potential violations, is something I think is a good idea for any community. When policies are well defined, it often results in easier decision-making, and less arbitrary or emotional arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back