• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

List of future development ideas

Anyone know more about http://shapeshift.io specifically what kind of privacy protections they offer (especially logs). If there is an existing service to easily exchange BTC<->DRK anonymously off exchange, wouldn't have to wait for custom developed solution. Use DRK anywhere BTC is accepted (hopefully anonymously)!

I'm not sure we can compete with Google Drive or Dropbox on that field. And MNs doesn't have that much disk space I guess.
What MNs are good for is something about verifying or transmitting but not for holding things imo. That's a network of nodes after all. :wink:

true diskspace is a factor. nevertheless google drive or dropbox wouldnt be any competition as they arent delivering decentralized, not censorable storage.

Maybe you setup some b2c and name is DarkSide!

Public occurrence like MNs...

Will be useful.

Because DarkMarket is possible with DRK.

Try Escrow pls.

Regards.

I believe we can have an advantage of DarkWallet project:
1. we can offer them a proxy to anonymous transfers via DS+
2. BTC > DRK > MNs > DRK > BTC
3. even so DarkWallet can arrange service like "send your BTC to DRK addres
smiley.gif
"
4. volume trading would increase in these cases as well it will balance price with BTC much faster then any other coin.

Since DarkWallet devs are speaking with respect to DRK project, I think Evan should offer them this proxy to DarkSend+, especially since DRK API is in alignment with BTC API.We could fast get benefit from providing BTC a gateway to anontransactions.

I think it's been suggested before, but i'd like some kind of multiwallet function like multibit.
This would be super convenient for all the MN owners out there with multiple .dat files.
Now if you want to cash out some of your MN payments, you have to go through this whole process.

Just putting it out there, since I think last time it was suggested nobody really picked it up.

I think it's been suggested before, but i'd like some kind of multiwallet function like multibit.
This would be super convenient for all the MN owners out there with multiple .dat files.
Now if you want to cash out some of your MN payments, you have to go through this whole process.

Just putting it out there, since I think last time it was suggested nobody really picked it up.
Couldnt you just import all masternode keys to one wallet?

I guess i could do that, however.

the balance of my spendable funds would be a lot more of what it actually is.

It would be fairly easy to spend coins of one of the masternodes.

Guess it would be possible if you'd always use coin control to detrmine which coins you want to be sending. But I just think there's a better way possible.

--> eg : multibit for bitcoin

but thanks for the suggestion though

Use the master nodes to run all the adult sites so that they are not visible to families, children and those that would rather not accidentally find adult content.

that is mainstream use that would get supported by every media organisation in the world

'A new adult only internet is being created by.....'

this would make it an opt-in internet, where you have to do something to see what you want to see.

all the content providers would pay master node operators for hosting.

search engines would pay master nodes to licence how they display content and risk being banned from crawling the network if they do not adhere to safe display restrictions.

All governments and child protection charities around the world would promote this as it sits well with voters.

This would be a middle ground between the internet and TOR. This would host those services that drove internet adoption in the first place.

What would be the currency of choice? eCash: DRK

Multibit for darkcoin will be great.

If we want fresh money and mass adoption, we need to define and create our own DarkCard system - anonymous debit card system based on our MasterNet - MN network. Every DarkCard can contain your privatekey, and your PIN will be your wallet password. Imagine thousands and thousands DarkCard POS terminals (with their own privkeys) in every store, every gas station.. where you can spend your Darkcoins anonymously. And every POS terminal will be connected to the powerful MasterNet which stores the blockchain and provides the fast anonymous transactions..

1. send encrypted messages with darksend payments

I am a software developper and I was thinking about a system, with which a user could buy a software and I would send him the serial / downloadlink as encrypted message back to the address he used to pay me, or something like that.

Many software firms ask for your email address if you want to make a purchase. So that they can send you the serial number, or download link etc.
Would be great if with darkcoin we could make this step obsolete.

Would this be even remotely possible with darkcoin?

Another idea I had around this darktor/darknet thing:
why not integrating namecoins .bit domains into this coming darknet?
.bit domains have been around quite some time now, and it would be wise to cooperate between existing coins instead of trying to do everything yourself.

The problem with .bit domains has always been how do you make .bit domains visible in an ordinary browser?

For .bit domains there have appeared a few plugins:

www.meowbit.com
www.freespeechme.org

Still, everybody who wants to view .bit domains has to install a plugin, and that is a big hurdle.
If darktor/darknet were able to integrate .bit domains, that would be fantastic for both namecoin and darkcoin.

I like both your ideas georgem
I am a software developper and I was thinking about a system, with which a user could buy a software and I would send him the serial / downloadlink as encrypted message back to the address he used to pay me, or something like that.
This can be accomplished already with any coin with messages. Good on you for thinking of yet another unique crypto-capibility that isn't talked about often.
Still, everybody who wants to view .bit domains has to install a plugin, and that is a big hurdle.
If darktor/darknet were able to integrate .bit domains, that would be fantastic for both namecoin and darkcoin.
I think we can. We were talking of TLD we could use. .mn (Maser Net) .drk (Darkcoin) and so why not have .ltc .btc, etc?

This can be accomplished already with any coin with messages.

So can this be done with darkcoin already?
Can you send me an encrypted short message to the address in my signature? Something only I will be able to read.
This already works? I don't think so, but I have no clue really...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.60280

georgem: I'd love to have in-wallet messaging. No reason not to have this and I'm sure this is something easy to implement, especially with other coins already having messaging/chat features.

oblox: +1.

It would be like sending messages to a darkcoin address. Both anonymous (so that you don't know who sent the message, and can't answer) but also not anonymous (so that the senders address is known to you, but only you, so that a private conversation can take place).

It will not be possible to answer an anonymous message, because that would compromise the whole darksend anonymization process. (or could there be a way?)

Ofcourse sending a message should cost a small amount of DRK, maybe 0.01 or something, so that eventual SPAM could be limited...

Question is if messages are embedded in the blockchain or simply being broadcast by masternodes and probably saved and managed in the users wallet.dat?

Your thoughts evan?

r-ando: In wallet communication would be necessary for people to one day adopt an approach of : I can do the whole transaction through Darkcoin using only Darkcoin from anywhere in the world without risk, from A to Z...

If you eliminate risk so the only risk to a financial transaction anywhere in the world becomes the user not following the procedure(making backups, no risk of getting compromised by hackers, no risk of getting tracked by bad actors, no risk of having all your financial activities on a public ledger fro competitors to analyze, etc) If this is what is desired... hahaha, it will be a revolutionary new marketable product and potentially the paradigm shift.

What I would suggest is instead of charging per message, you create a membership system, possibly managed by the Darkcoin foundation, possibly you could download a choice of different client versions. Some clients could cost an amount to pay for a year's membership like anti-virus software and include the different messaging services, etc, maybe eventually video conference calls, etc.... Some could be basic and free and have only a very limited basic service. So the Darkcoin foundation could become a multi level self sustainable organization that would immensely benefit society if not only anonymity seekers by helping to increase productivity on a never before seen scale, and... and then the Darkcoin foundation could take these monthly procedes and distribute them to masternode operators every month and do advertisement and do charity stuff, and do.....

I know I wasn't supposed to do any more idea play today, lol. Have a great day everyone.

Quote from: thelonecrouton on Today at 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: r-ando on Today at 03:32:55 PM
What I would suggest is instead of charging per message, you create a membership system
Membership implies record-keeping, so no. Keep it volatile, and therefore untraceable.
Not if membership works like an antivirus...
smiley.gif
I would also think it would be appropriate to have the option to pay one time fees on clients that are not pre-paid for using specific services other than sending coins... service packages if you will...

Back